• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

irfan said:
Click on the years, expand them.

Also anyone else getting the error I posted above? (while updating your Timeline)

Nope, I'm having the same problem. It still doesn't show any new updates since I got the timeline...

Jzero15 said:
it's coming to the rest of you in a couple of days anyway

Well-excuse-me-Princess-Well-excuse-me-Princess.jpg

So how will we know when we can upgrade our pages to timeline?

Will we get a little popup from FB when we log on or something? Or will it just appear in our settings without any notice?

Radec

irfan said:
Click on the years, expand them.

Also anyone else getting the error I posted above? (while updating your Timeline)

There's no years in the side like the others. I even uninstalled/installed it again and still have the same timeline. :/ It only starts on the day I activated Timeline.

Oh well, I guess I should report it.

Cyport

My timeline seems fine, regarding to the ticker you can change the size yourself. Just drag the line separating it from the chat up and down.

Cyport

Meus Renaissance said:
I uploaded a photo from the start page, but I'm unable to tag it or add it to an album.

Hm if it's on your wall photos, open up the album and click "edit album" then "edit photos". From there you should be able to move a photo to another album using the drop down box.

saelz8

Marty Chinn said:
Anyone find Timeline to be pretty buggy? It seems to keep changing what is in my Timeline even after I explicitly set something.
No doubt, it's buggy. BETA, afterall.

Don't like having my own posts as "NEW TOP STORY" when I come back to FB. It should be top news on other people's news feed, not mine.

Goldrusher

Naked Snake said:
Don't like having my own posts as "NEW TOP STORY" when I come back to FB. It should be top news on other people's news feed, not mine.
Speaking of that castrated news section, where's the button to switch to for example "latest photos" or "latest links" ?

buhdeh

Fuck I still hate this top news bullshit. It keeps putting news for people I never talk to nor whose page I visit.

?oe?oe

"X posted a few seconds ago" TOP STORY. Did you even read the status Mr Facebook? No? Oh, I'll read it for you. "I don't want to clean anymore". Great news, thanks for showing me! I think 'Recent Stories' would have been better, especially since I don't talk to them at all.

Dabanton

In the new FB i just merged my 'chat' list i.e people i interact with most days to my close friends list.

Means i see them and only them on that page.

screenshot2011-09-27atzk9k.png

Also really like this feature as well.

screenshot2011-09-27atp924.png

Goldrusher said:
Speaking of that castrated news section, where's the button to switch to for example "latest photos" or "latest links" ?
Click on "Photos" or "Links" on the left pane (under "Favorites" or "More").

mollipen

"It's complicated" = "I have a pretty kinky set-up going on that I really don't want to have to explain to my family and certain contacts."

Enco

shidoshi said:
"It's complicated" = "I have a pretty kinky set-up going on that I really don't want to have to explain to my family and certain contacts."
You can not put anything ya know ;)

renitou said:
"It's complicated"? Are you a 12 year old girl?

I don't know, but the suggestion that only the immature can have complicated relations is in itself arguably, well, immature (?). It's the most accurate description available from that list of options; I'm neither in a relationship nor could I say that I feel single. Like I said its complicated

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Meus Renaissance said:
I don't know, but the suggestion that only the immature can have complicated relations is in itself arguably, well, immature (?). So, should I ask - are you 12 years old? I don't understand the fuss really. It's the most accurate description available from that list of options; I'm neither in a relationship nor could I say that I feel single. Like I said its complicated
Most would just not put anything down...

So wait...I heard on npr that if you read an article which has facebook login enabled, it will post on your wall what you just read without your permission? wtf?

One thing I don't like about the changes (which were pre-Timeline) is that on the right you have your status bar, but you can no longer click on the persons name to visit their page. Is there a faster way to do this without typing out their name on the Search bar at the top?

Ad Infinitum said:
timeline is creepy (yeah, i know it was all there before), the page is still cluttered and looks quite one sided without the sidebar up... but i think i like it. i... i think i like the new facebook design.

showed my sister who isn't tech-savvy at all and she said 'wow. looks like myspace.'

QyhNK.jpg

Props to you on the cover image. I might switch mine out soon.

Edit: Facebook really needs to add the option to cycle through cover images. I'd love to upload a dozen or so and have it change every day or every week.

I'm so ready to make the Buckaroo Banzai end credits marching be my banner picture... when does the Timeline get rolled out to us normal plebs who don't wanna game some stupid developer thing?

OK I have the new Timeline thing going, and have linked my FB account with Spotify.

How to I get a Music box on the top of my timeline feed like I've seen on other accounts?

It's posting listens to my feed, but there is no specific Music box. Is there a way to edit what appears where?

Shagwell

Don Draper presenting the Facebook timeline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ5RVtWH2gE&feature=player_embedded

"Who knew that Facebook's newest feature was originally conceived by the Mad Men of the 1960s?

In all seriousness, the most compelling elements of Facebook's Timeline are the ones that made Kodak's Carousel popular. Reminiscing is a social activity. It always has been, and now Facebook is bringing that activity online."

Interesting take, anyway.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
can someone post a pic of where the time line is?

Mango Positive said:
I am getting a lot of play out of this picture, especially with friends that play along to make the "real" photo enticing.

317537_2485649580995_1245325028_3100390_1164516996_n.jpg
I just found out about this on tumblr and I am going to have SO MUCH FUN with it, HUAHAHAHA

Top Bottom