• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

?oe?oe

So... I was really bored today:

27wsk6q.jpg

If only the spiderman image was good quality!

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
how do i enable the sidebar timeline thingy? so that i can see when someone makes a comment and likes a comment?

Jzero

Meus Renaissance said:
http://7.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/facebook-gallery/azzam.jpg[/im]

[img]http://4.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/facebook-gallery/lawson.jpg[/im]

[img]http://7.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/facebook-gallery/ekkapong.jpg[/im][/quote]
The first and last one are pretty sweet

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Trojita said:
Why do I have submit buttons next to everyone's posts now?

Because that's the way it should be. Pressing enter to make a new line only to submit your post is fucking stupid and I dunno who the hell at Facebook I need to slap their shit about that, but I need to slap their shit.

Shift+Enter is the most obtuse way of making a new line. EVER.

Jzero15 said:
What about people you aren't friends with yet? I remember I used to use that feature with people I hadn't added yet to see if we had anything in common before adding them... I'm assuming it should be in the same place, but I'm not seeing it for some people...

VanWinkle

It seems like any time there is an update to a site's look (like with this timeline and amazon's new page), I always get it way later than everyone else. :(

ramyeon

shidoshi said:
Last time I tried this, Facebook asked me for either a credit card number or a phone number, neither of wish I feel at all comfortable giving them. Wish I'd hurry up and get the new profile page the non-developer way!
They won't ask for anything like that. It took literally 2 or 3 minutes for me.

Jzero

shidoshi said:
Last time I tried this, Facebook asked me for either a credit card number or a phone number, neither of wish I feel at all comfortable giving them. Wish I'd hurry up and get the new profile page the non-developer way!
Shit, you almost got scammed.

Has anyone like you seen something like this in his activitites: "Yourname likes supercars ltd". Some kind of advertising site...I never even klicked on that, yet I muste have liked it while I was away from my pc. I had the same problem with a local party that kept putting itself in my like list.
I don't think someone's using my account because appart from that there's nothing that would indicate that.

I think I've encountered a bug. On my map, I had visited 6 locations. Today I added an album of four photographs from another location entirely. On the main page, the map now reads 10 but when I click on that, it only shows 6 locations. I then posted a test comment from e.g. Alaska. The map shows that, but still doesn't show the locations of the album

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
MNC said:
If you get it early, do others see it early for you as well? No point in fancying your account if only you can see it.
Only you can see it, lets you get a nice looking profile setup for when it launches though.

Magni

DieNgamers said:
No timeline for me so far. The waiting goes on...

Welcome to Your Timeline - Developer Release
Your timeline currently features your top photos and posts. Right now, only you can see what's here. Take a tour and star, hide or add whatever you want. Then click Publish Now or wait until your timeline goes live on Monday, October 10, 2011.

One more week for the general release?

MNC

Ikuu said:
Only you can see it, lets you get a nice looking profile setup for when it launches though.
True! Will do just that. Get a headstart on a fancy page :)

Also, it'll get activated on October 10th apparently. :D

Tim-E

MNC said:
If you get it early, do others see it early for you as well? No point in fancying your account if only you can see it.

Other people who have theirs set up through this method can see your new profile, as well.

Magni

Really really like it so far. Is the map bugging for anyone else though? It seems stuff I add to it disappears as soon as I leave the page :/

Also, non-update related. Why can't I edit my "Residence" info? I haven't been able for as long as I remember, the info there is outdated and I can't remove it ><

edit: Also, is there any way to change/remove the location of a post? I can change the date, but not the location.

Top Bottom