• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

jtb

Banned
My ticker's gone too, but a couple of my friend's are still there. And I was enjoying judging my friend's music tastes in real time so much too :(

Jzero

the walrus said:
My ticker's gone too, but a couple of my friend's are still there. And I was enjoying judging my friend's music tastes in real time so much too :(
it'll be back

I had the new chat (with the big online+offline contact list) for a short time some time ago and then it reverted to the old chat and still hasn't re-reverted yet.

Question: Does Facebook display photographs (that you selected to be uploaded at highest res) in a larger window than standard photographs? I uploaded an album of high res images but they still display in that small window

Meus Renaissance said:
Question: Does Facebook display photographs (that you selected to be uploaded at highest res) in a larger window than standard photographs? I uploaded an album of high res images but they still display in that small window
I don't think so. The high-res version is for the download option.

artist

Banned
Is there a way to hide my likes, comments on my friend's posts etc.

Also is there a way to hide the updates I'm making to my profile page?

Thanks!

Blue Ninja said:
Why would you want that? I had it for an hour, it was terrible. :lol

The worst part about the ticker is how it's related to music now. All I ever see is people listening to a song which makes it even more useless IMO.

?oe?oe

The only thing I see from the ticker is how many people don't know how to make their profile private. Facebook knows this, and the ticker would be pointless without exposing those who are privacy-challenged.

They can't complain, Facebook always changes the privacy, alerting everyone to check their settings, but so many people are public.

MNC

Time for this weekend to find a silly coverphoto for when the real timelines comes out. Any good examples of what you can do with cover?

M.Bluth

Exuro said:
Yeah, the chat sidebar is showing offline friends which is becoming annoying.
You'd think it would be common sense to at least have the option of "Show only available friends" :/

When is Timeline supposed to roll for everyone?

Vgamer

Still no ticker for me and its been weeks since the roll-out for that started! :(

Maybe I will get the timeline by Christmas.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
New iPhone app is sexy as hell, but I want people to finally get timeline so I can see covers and such, I've been using it for like 2 weeks now and keep forgetting no one else has it.

bluehat9

So still no actual date when I can at least see someone's created timeline? (I don't even have the ticker yet so I'm not planning on having my own timeline til 2013, :lol).

So what is the proper "poking etiquette"?

1. Stranger pokes me.
2. I poke back.
3. They poke again.
4. ????

The above scenario happens too often. My poke-back should be an obvious signal that I'm interested, so the next step should be a message from the original poker, not another poke! How many pokes before the poker is supposed to manup and write something?

Jzero

Naked Snake said:
So what is the proper "poking etiquette"?

1. Stranger pokes me.
2. I poke back.
3. They poke again.
4. ????

The above scenario happens too often. My poke-back should be an obvious signal that I'm interested, so the next step should be a message from the original poker, not another poke! How many pokes before the poker is supposed to manup and write something?
They may just want a poking war.

Firestorm

I think my friend's friend had given up but she poked me back after a few months and I refuse to give in. I did find out that even when all the BlackBerry services were down, pokes still came through. Thanks RIM / Facebook -.-

MIMIC

Banned
I haven't poked someone in like forever. When Facebook was still rolling out to other colleges, my friends and I had poke wars all the time (didn't know there was an actual "term" for it until now, lol).

M.Bluth said:
I was wondering lately.. What the hell is poking exactly?

Poke someone and find out =p

Desperado

I had the ticker for maybe 4 days when it first came out, but it went away and never came back for me. I enjoy knowing too much about other people, so this makes me sad.

Top Bottom