• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook |OT| The Social Network

M.Bluth said:
No, I was poked recently and it just sent me a notification "*someone* poked you" and there was an option to "poke back"

But then what..?
You poke them back. Then they poke you back. If you never get poked back, or they delete it, that means you win. In order to win you have to always poke them back.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I block everyone from my news feed if they post more than a couple times a day. Attention whores.

I really try to avoid spamming peoples lists with Sims Social stuff. But if they're playing I add them to the list. Sorry, dudes. But you can make your own list and have it set to filter to that, IIRC.

Otherwise I'm not bothering other people with EA's game spam for quests.

Friend dragged me into it and now I can't leave Facebook even though I hate it. WHYYYYYYYY does this speak to my interior decorator!?

balddemon

Banned
QPV9a.png

also, i cheated to get my timeline...i must say, i love it a lot. mostly the banner part haha mine's gonna be really simple yet i had fun making it

Is anyone else having trouble with Facebook today? I know I've made comments on statuses and other people made comments on my status, but they're now gone. Seems like Facebook is randomly deleting stuff.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It is somewhat amusing that the one update I'm extremely excited for, they showed ahead of time and now it's delayed (rather than sprung it on us without warning).

Swag

Didn't notice the chat box now tells you what device someone is on, is this new?
Chuck said:
GAF, is there a way to see a list of status updates anymore? I've never been a fan of 'news feed'.
Don't think this is possible, iirc the only thing you could do is unsubscribe from certain people so you don't see anything they post, but not possible to pick and choose what not to see

Anyone using the new timeline view in Chrome?

It was fine for me but now my cover image seems cut in half or more... I'm only seeing the bottom of it. No amount of scrolling up will fix it, but if I edit it, choose reposition and then reposition the image, it looks right thereafter until I leave the page and visit again...

I hadn't realised that it was held up from being given to others btw... whos the dipshit responsible for that?

Jzero

jamesinclair said:
Facebook has stopped lighting up the message box when I get new messages :(
by that do you mean yo don't get any notifications? if so i have the same freaken problem, i reply to people super late because i have to check manually.

radioheadrule83 said:

It was fine for me but now my cover image seems cut in half or more... I'm only seeing the bottom of it. No amount of scrolling up will fix it, but if I edit it, choose reposition and then reposition the image, it looks right thereafter until I leave the page and visit again...

I hadn't realised that it was held up from being given to others btw... whos the dipshit responsible for that?

Same here

Is there a faster way to reach a persons wall without having to type their name into the search field? Before, I could click on their name in chat and it would redirect me to their page.

S.Dedalus

radioheadrule83 said:

I'm using Firefox and it does the same thing about half the time. Usually, I can scroll up (the page loads already scrolled down a bit, cutting the cover image in half), but lately I haven't been able to scroll up, so it just shows the bottom half of the image.

Jzero15 said:
by that do you mean yo don't get any notifications? if so i have the same freaken problem, i reply to people super late because i have to check manually.

Right, the little red thing doesnt apprear, I have to manually check.

M.Bluth

jamesinclair said:
Facebook has stopped lighting up the message box when I get new messages :(
I also have issues with that... From time to time it stops notifying over email, other times it doesn't even show that there's a new comment on the home page...

I did notice that it happens more often with one friend, checking the settings it doesn't show that the notifications were disabled in any capacity

I really don't understand Facebook sometimes :/
like, for instance, the messenger app (on Android), how is it not common sense that when you open it it would take you to a list of your friends showing who's online and who's not? Instead it opens up to your messages page :/

leng jai

Meus Renaissance said:
Is there a faster way to reach a persons wall without having to type their name into the search field? Before, I could click on their name in chat and it would redirect me to their page.

Terrible decision to remove that. Makes stalking so much harder.

wtfreely

Neo Member
Wow, I just signed up for the developer version of timeline. I always knew facebook was storing everything, but damn! do i have to manually go through everything to decide what people see is there a general privacy settings?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So I made a fake app to get the timeline and this is what it tells me on the page

Then click Publish Now or wait until your timeline goes live on Saturday, November 5, 2011.

Is Nov 5 the date it goes live for everyone or just me

Korey

Marius_ said:
So I made a fake app to get the timeline and this is what it tells me on the page

Is Nov 5 the date it goes live for everyone or just me
That date keeps getting pushed back while nobody knows what's going on

Sued or not, Timeline is supposed to be rolled out, like every Facebook update, so it would probably be just you and not everyone all at the same time.

Korey

DiipuSurotu said:
Sued or not, Timeline is supposed to be rolled out, like every Facebook update, so it would probably be just you and not everyone all at the same time.
Yea, but it's not live for anybody which is what we're talking about

Anyone know if there's a way to automatically create events when a new one is announced? I'm a member of a student org at my school and I want to be able to set up some sort of script so whenever I get an email saying we're having a new event, the script will automatically make a new Facebook Event for that event.

Sebulon3k said:
I dunno if this is the same lawsuit, but I was referring to this case.

Timelines.com Sues Facebook

Yes it is:

Timelines.com alleges that Facebook’s launch of Timeline infringes upon its trademarks. Not only that, but the company alleges that the social network destroyed its Facebook Page (http://facebook.com/timelines) in favor of a redirect to an introduction page about Facebook’s new user profile pages. Timelines.com’s Page appeared to be working normally though as of Friday afternoon.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I have a question about the new privacy settings (*shock*)

The last time I customized my settings I made photos I'm tagged in by friends to be only visible to me, while photos I post myself visible to others.

Now that the they changed the settings for the umpteenth time, it seems that particular setting is still in effect for old photos, so none of the old photos popped up in my profile for others to see. The only problem is that specific option disappeared along with many others, but I'm not sure what has replaced it.

Any ideas?

Tag approval seems like the closest thing, but if I understand it correctly: approving a tag will the photo visible to all of my friends and myself, and if I reject one neither of us will be able to see it in my photo section.

Right?

ramyeon

So since early today nothing I share (Videos, tagged photos etc) is showing up on my Timeline. They show in the news feed (Which they sometimes haven't been doing recently) but not on my page itself :/

.GqueB.

Banned
WordAssassin said:
You poke them back. Then they poke you back. If you never get poked back, or they delete it, that means you win. In order to win you have to always poke them back.
*nods*

Yup. Me and a friend of mind have been in a poke war for about a yr or so now. Thats how long it feels at least. No sign of stopping unfortunately. Too much pride.

woodchuck

radioheadrule83 said:

I'm in firefox. Just noticed today my cover image cut in half. but when I click on it, it shows the entire thing.

can anyone explain why my facebook chat no longer works and I do not have a ticker? I didn't even realize people had a ticker until I noticed my wifes facebook.. WTF

Top Bottom