• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FaceGAF 2014: post new pics that may disappear under mysterious circumstances

News Bot

Banned
I'm amazed I've never bumped into you in Limelight!

If you see me, yell at me next time! I'm usually drinking free chocolate tequila by winning at Mario Kart in Katie's Bar :)

I'm there virtually every Tuesday, I'll definitely say hi if I spot you!

Living with Velociraptors.

fKfz2NS.jpg

Graduation ceremony from last week. Not many times of your life you get to wear silly clothes.

ibiwEYFmAjm3JR.gif

ibjaUmxB5KqM9w.jpg

iRKK3Y2cF6yyu.jpg

iya6QVjoht7aT.jpg

It doesn't speed up job hunting though :p

Meier

Got new glasses.

http://i.imgur.com/c0pv5dk.jpg[IMG]

Warby Parker, great deal. What do you think GAF?[/QUOTE]

I dig em! I've been meaning to buy some from there one of these days.

My wife likes taking pictures of me:

[QUOTE][IMG]https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10603407_10105682653109463_2662155628052984748_n.jpg?oh=48b933b384fd7cedcab7a3f7522f0d8a&oe=556F8452

This place was pretty unique. A bar that is made up of recycled shipping containers serving as different lounges, dance floors, etc. Totally Austin.

I dig em! I've been meaning to buy some from there one of these days.

My wife likes taking pictures of me:

This place was pretty unique. A bar that is made up of recycled shipping containers serving as different lounges, dance floors, etc. Totally Austin.

That sounds really awesome. Need to check out austin.

Rich!

i feel great. new job, illness kicked in the ass, fun times

also, beard is coming back, dunno where it went to. think my razor had something to do with its absence

edit: sensible pic:

edit edit: my hair is receeding significantly fast so far this year...gulp. dad lost all of his at 27. I'm not far off that now...

Error 404

Neo Member
Hi FaceGAF!

Here is my mug. Horrible bathroom lighting but these are 2 of the only 3 pictures I have of myself on my phone. Not big on picture taking. :( Apologies for the huge picture size, I have know idea how to make them smaller...

Edit: I fixed it. Thank you for the help fellow Gaffer :>

Error 404

Neo Member
So I start a rough diet on Monday as I need to lose weight and I purchased an inspo dress to reward me when I can fit into it. Looks like I already can!

That's such a cute dress. Looks good on you! Good luck with the diet. :) What's your weight loss goal?

Cilla

That's such a cute dress. Looks good on you! Good luck with the diet. :) What's your weight loss goal?

Thank you!

15kg to 20kg. I actually weigh a fair bit but I hold it really well. To be honest though I'm not too bothered by an exact figure. I just want to be slim and healthy :).

Error 404

Neo Member
Thank you!

15kg to 20kg. I actually weigh a fair bit but I hold it really well. To be honest though I'm not too bothered by an exact figure. I just want to be slim and healthy :).

You definitely don't look like you weigh a lot. I know what you mean by just being slim and healthy. I've lost 10 to 20 pounds and I've been feeling much better about myself. :) I've been going to the gym at least 4 times a week, but cutting the calories have been the hardest. Good luck!

Do you have specific diet that you are going to follow?

Cilla

You definitely don't look like you weigh a lot. I know what you mean by just being slim and healthy. I've lost 10 to 20 pounds and I've been feeling much better about myself. :) I've been going to the gym at least 4 times a week, but cutting the calories have been the hardest. Good luck!

Do you have specific diet that you are going to follow?

Congratulations on the weight loss!

I know. It's a blessing that it doesn't look bad but I want to be proactive now before it gets worse!

My doctor actually prescribed me diet pills so I will take them. Having an underactive thyroid doesn't help! Cut down on my portion sizes, drink more water and less carbs/sugar!

Error 404

Neo Member

I know. It's a blessing that it doesn't look bad but I want to be proactive now before it gets worse!

My doctor actually prescribed me diet pills so I will take them. Having an underactive thyroid doesn't help! Cut down on my portion sizes, drink more water and less carbs/sugar!

Awesome! The first few weeks will be tough, but once you see the results, you'll be motivated to continue on the path. That's what it was like for me, at least.

Sadetar

You do carry your weight very well! Getting healthier is still always a smart choice. :) Don't let hypothyroidism slow you down. I have it myself, but I just eat my thyroid hormone every day, try to eat more or less healthy and work out. I have lost 50 pounds in the last 10 months and I still have some to lose. But if I can do it, I am certain you will be kicking ass as well. Best of luck! :D

Cilla

You do carry your weight very well! Getting healthier is still always a smart choice. :) Don't let hypothyroidism slow you down. I have it myself, but I just eat my thyroid hormone every day, try to eat more or less healthy and work out. I have lost 50 pounds in the last 10 months and I still have some to lose. But if I can do it, I am certain you will be kicking ass as well. Best of luck! :D

Thank you so much! When I look online everyone is so negative so it is good to have a positive story! Do you avoid anything in particular? :)

In another note I am thinking of chopping off my very long hair.

Error 404

Neo Member
Thank you so much! When I look online everyone is so negative so it is good to have a positive story! Do you avoid anything in particular? :)

In another note I am thinking of chopping off my very long hair.

I used to have hair that reached below my waist and I loved it so much. It was so hard to manage and I ended up cutting it short to where it now is just past my shoulder. I miss it so much but I don't have the time or patience to take good care of it. :(

Cilla

I used to have hair that reached below my waist and I loved it so much. It was so hard to manage and I ended up cutting it short to where it now is just past my shoulder. I miss it so much but I don't have the time or patience to take good care of it. :(

Mine is long. To the bottom of my back but I have to spend about an hour a day brushing it and it has two different kinds of strands in it so knots up even in a ponytail.. So it never looks good and I am not good at styling it!

Error 404

Neo Member
Mine is long. To the bottom of my back but I have to spend about an hour a day brushing it and it has two different kinds of strands in it so knots up even in a ponytail.. So it never looks good and I am not good at styling it!

If it is your first time cutting your hair short, you may be feeling sad at first. I was crushed when I had it done and I still wish I had it again from time to time, but I'm not good at managing or styling hair either, so I just got used to it. How long are you planning on keeping it after the cut?

Sadetar

Mine isn't as long as yours, but it is at least really easy to maintain. I just shampoo it every other day and brush once a day in the evening before going to shower (every other day I wash it with hair conditioner). It takes about three minutes to go it through. Never any kind of styling and it is really just a naturally curly mess during a day but people really don't pay attention.

Have you tried tangle teezers? They work like a dream.

Well, lately I haven't been that strict with my diet, but I am going to back to it tomorrow (this week there were three birthdays in the family). But I eat high protein and loads of good fats and very little carbs, if that helps anything. :D

If it is your first time cutting your hair short, you may be feeling sad at first. I was crushed when I had it done and I still wish I had it again from time to time, but I'm not good at managing or styling hair either, so I just got used to it. How long are you planning on keeping it after the cut?

This is true.

I teared up when I cut my hair.

My head also felt lighter.

Cilla

Thanks everyone. I am on mobile so can't quote you all with ease. It is booked in for tomorrow. Last time I cut it short was 2010 and I regretted it but this time it will be more styled so I like the look. Plus I am losing weight so it should suit me more! Ahhh! Definitely looking forward to the lighter head!

Should get it dyed too..

Christopher

went to my friends yacht a few weeks ago and dug through my clothes saying WHAT WOULD YACHT PEOPLE WEAR I think I do an ok job

Sadetar

Cut my hair, I'm not proud of it. Fuuuu-
Oh come on silly, it looks nice on you.

...I sometimes wish I would have straight hair so I could try out that kind of hairstyles myself. :p

First time posting my pic, pretty proud after 70 pounds lost and a bitching new haircut!
You have done splendid work. Congratulations, looking great there!

Seeing the sun for the first time in 2015.
...Can you share a bit of that rare light phenomenon with Finland as well?

Oh and you still continue to strenghten my general ideas about Norwegians with that knitted shirt, fisherman looks and full beard.

Top Bottom