• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Failed military coup in Turkey; Erdogan promising swift reprisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakun

this is your leader right there. Instead of telling his people to stay safe he's telling them to fight the military.. fucking idiot wants blood.

Does that look like a man who's still in power?
cnb6i2owgaap9ml.jpgla57u9o.jpg

640x392_31733_138675.jpg

"Hi, I am still the President, I'm in the country. Oh, it's raining, that is a good omen, remember to go out in the streets, it's all good. ok bye"

Sadist

No way that thing about Erdogan seeking assylum in Germany.

On the other hand... doesn't he have a good deal of supporters there?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
CHP backing Erdogan is not good news; they absolutely hate each other and normally I would have expected the CHP to back the army...

Condom

Sitting here in Turkey and reading GAF and watching tv. Really worrisome situation.

CHP and MHP giving support to AKP(ERDOGAN)

Erdogan is landing in Istanbul. Shit might happen.

Not good if they haven't even got the support of the CHP or MHP. This might be an installation of a military dictatorship

People cheering might look stupid now

oti

Banned
A friend of mine who is a tinfoil nutso is happy because "Greece will take over Constantinople" again. I don't have enough energy to smack him.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Erdogan is requesting his followers to go to the streets and don't allow this coup to happen. There's gonna be hundreds of deaths today

Zapages

Sitting here in Turkey and reading GAF and watching tv. Really worrisome situation.

CHP and MHP giving support to AKP(ERDOGAN)

Erdogan is landing in Istanbul. Shit might happen.

Wow.. If true... Seriously, just call for new elections and allow the current government govern for the next 6 months or so, but place some clauses so a coup like situation doesn't occur.

In my opinion, the military has no right regardless to take power. The military is the largest problem in the Muslim world where it abuses it power many times over for various reasons. :|

Isn't CHP the secular Kemalist party? Why would they support that Islamist cunt?

democracy.... The power and the will of the people over the rule of the military.

The funny thing is that Turkish military actually has the constitutional power to overthrow a nonsecular government.

Oddly enough a military coup could also be argued to being constitutional in the UK due to status of the Queen and her role as the head of the military. There were right wing conspiracies in the 1970s who secretly argued for this to get rid of the left wing government (the last left wing government we had in the UK).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom