• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Failed military coup in Turkey; Erdogan promising swift reprisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Add Erdogan to the list:

Assad%2Bmust%2Bgo%2BClowns.jpg

Assad is an amateur at this compared to Fidel Castro

Friend of mine from college (who is Turkish) flew home a few days ago, she's right in the thick of it and posting some insane Facebook updates. I've encouraged her to go out and get some photos, hopefully she nails some awesome shots.

Yeah great fucking idea when people are being goddamn shot

Friend of mine from college (who is Turkish) flew home a few days ago, she's right in the thick of it and posting some insane Facebook updates. I've encouraged her to go out and get some photos, hopefully she nails some awesome shots.

Tell her to go back now. The situation's too volatile. You're putting her in a dangerous situation.

Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful.

MUnited83

For you.
Apparently the majority of the voters were okay with those choices, otherwise we would have seen a protest or whatever on a massive (e.g. millions) scale. Instead we get the army barging in. Did they consult the people? Did they conduct an expansive research about it? Ironically GAF seems to applaud non-democratic means to topple a state of head they don't agree with.
Lmao this dumbass logic " oh shit if you elected someone they should have the right to conpletely destroy democracy if they want! But if someone fights to thrown out a undemocratic leader, thats a complete affront to democracy!"

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

What the fuck dude. Are you actively trying to get her killed?

Steel

Banned

You are a terrible friend.

Majukun

are you insane?tell her to stay safe at home goddamnit

Mr. X

Did she block or unfriend you yet?

What's happening now is basically Turkey's 2nd amendment. An uprising via armed counter forces against a perceived tyrannical federal government.

It's ratified in their constitution, this isn't new it's happened 4 times already.

Jeels

Yeah, seems like the military has been pretty organized though so thats good.

Idk man, people are saying only a subset of the military is supporting this and the major opposition parties are not supporting it either...

It would be really shitty to attempt this without enough backing to carry it through. If he gets back in power, him and his Islamic zealots will do everything to turn Turkey into a failed Islamic state.

It's hard for me to comment on things occurring with Turkey because Turkey is still illegally occupying my homeland. What I will say though is I truly hope all of this is resolved peacefully and want to add that Erdogan is a piece of shit.

Oriel

If this isn't sarcasm then I'll ask what is wrong with you?!

qazqaNii

Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful Please be successful.

I am glad to say that it has failed thank lord you are not a politician. Just seeing this from the outside sure has blinded you. I hope u never have to experience a coup....

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

The military is deployed and probably using live ammunition, and you are telling your friend to go outside?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom