• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Failed military coup in Turkey; Erdogan promising swift reprisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
That's the irony right there. The majority of Turkish people side with Erdogan, and thus agree with (most of) his Islamic conservative views. Isn't that the literal definition of a democracy, or doesn't that fit our definition of a democracy?
The literal definition of democracy doesnt and shouldnt allow for the elected person to do whatever the fuck they want and destroy democracy itself. Its quite literally the most anti-democratic thing of all. You're literally trying to say its ok for elected leaders to become dictators. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Why are people here that need this to be explained to them?
Like holy shit you dont even know what a fucking democracy is.

No they don't. Thats pure bullshit. Al Jazeera is an excellent source of news.

Anyway looks like things are beginning to get violent. I hope the Turkish people can come out of this relatively unscathed but if Erdogan wins or loses there is going to be repercussions.
Yes they are, like every news agency they have an Agenda.
They are very pro Political Islam

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
f1hWik9.jpg

Is NBC right or full of crap? Is Erdogan on a plane or in Istanbul?

Chaos17

You keep posting this hashtag and I don't know if it's intentional misspelling, but the word "prey" there means that it's something that Turkey is hunting. You want "pray" if you mean to talk to God.

Edit: not criticizing spelling, but just that it radically changes the meaning.

No worry my fault for repeating typo even after someone corrected me.

Faustek

ok so I've been scurrying to try and find a source more than one that is.

But Erdogan is overthrown, the military has taken power, he is fleeing to Germany.
EDit:
f1hWik9.jpg

Is NBC right or full of crap? Is Erdogan on a plane or in Istanbul?

From my memory this has actually happened before and it has been beneficial?

Goatfucker jokes withheld please.

Zukuu

Banned
That came out nowhere, didn't it? It seems way too coordinated to be something recent.

On what claims are they acting? What are they trying to accomplish?

UV-6

The guy running the periscope seems to think it's Fetullah Gullen (Islamist Extremists) who is behind the Coup.

That's the irony right there. The majority of Turkish people side with Erdogan, and thus agree with (most of) his Islamic conservative views. Isn't that the literal definition of a democracy, or doesn't that fit our definition of a democracy?

You're thinking of populism. That's not democracy. The two are some what incompatible

ok so I've been scurrying to try and find a source more than one that is.

But Erdogan is overthrown, the military has taken power, he is fleeing to Germany.
EDit:

From my memory this has actually happened before and it has been beneficial?

Goatfucker jokes withheld please.
It's unclear at the moment. At least part of the military and air force are attempting a coup. It is unclear how much support they have both within the military and the population. Long night ahead in Turkey.

Again what the military is doing now is ratified in the Turkish constitution.

This isn't something new this has happened at least 4 times before.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
They've started shutting off and banning access to YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter according to BBC.

We are witnessing an incredible amount of history. If the military is genuine in their attempts at restoring a prominent, beautiful, and secular Turkey (as it was in the late 90s and early 2000s) then I am all for it. Erdogan is a massive psycho and the burning irony of him fleeing to Germany after wishing they'd all die and rot two months ago is INCREDIBLE.

Madness

Was almost a certainty with how stupid Erdogan had been. The shooting down of the Russian jet, the increasing theocratic institutions and ideals in government. The sacking of all those generals a few years back left deep resentment with the military.

Every time I posted some factual evidence showing Erdogan is not necessarily democratically elected or a democratic leader he has ignored my post, so don't expect a response.
I don't expect anything, but still gotta challenge that shit when you see it

¯|_(ツ)_|¯

Erdogan leaned heavily on Islamist supporters and we all know how dedicated they can be to a zealous cause. Hopefully the military can snuff out any holdouts quickly while minimizing the civilian casualties.

Definitely a great day for the marginalized people of Turkey.

Yes he did but the idiot zealots will meet steel tipped boot to face if they dare to go against a military force, even with their tactics. The military will iron fist them into submission or make them retreat into Syria.

Just look at Isis, they lose more then they win when they face boots on ground operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom