• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Failed military coup in Turkey; Erdogan promising swift reprisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSJ

Not sure what's happening here...

2JmCdja.gif

In a video if it you see shots being fired back at the helo, they aren't shooting at the immediate civilian presence on screen. However those last few rounds, gad damn.

TyrantII

So numerous people on GAF think the world should just stand by and let despot dictator shitheads ruin their countries if democratically elected(even though fraud might be involved in that).

They got their WiiU's, so fuck you. Untill someone comes for them.

MUnited83

For you.
I can't help but laugh whenever I read the word 'democratic' in combination with 'election' when it comes to Turkey. Strange opinions in here, really.

Honestly, the only way I can see GAF having so many very smart people defending Erdogan in the name of "democracy"; I gotta believe they are paid astroturfers for Erdogan, because someone being so dumb and ignorant to this point is frankly baffling to me.
So numerous people on GAF think the world should just stand by and let despot dictator shitheads ruin their countries if democratically elected(even though fraud might be involved in that).
Yep. It's fucking disturbing. These are the kind of people that let Hitler thrive for too long.

What I find disgusting is the sizeable portion of people in here that are apologists for a anti-liberal facist, that was "elected" with questions surrounding the ballot.

Is is economically motivated, or religious? The Turkish version of I got mine, fuck you?

What about jailing journalists and political enemies is not disgusting? Rolling back civiliberties or the freedom of the press?

I'm not a fan of Erdogan. But a coup is not the right way. How do you think he will react now?

roytheone

Are there still negotiations about turkey joining the European Union? Pretty sure that is basically doomed now, if it wasn't already.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If you support a violent take overs and think the way to change is for people go down to the streets with weapons and start shooting who ever they disagree with than don't be shocked when it happens in your country.
I am fine with take overs if the government becomes more and more authorian

By the way, The Turkish Constitution says that the military must safeguard the secular nature of Turkey

Thanks for reinforcing that again. I think it's something that's really important to remember during this time and it's clear that Turkey's government has been moving away from secularism for a while.

Sijil

If Erdogan wins due to the Turkish people protests, then honestly they deserve that despot and all the baggage that comes with him. Too bad neighboring countries have to suffer from his Neo Ottoman dreams.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So is it really over? Well, there goes the last chance to stop that fucker.
Hope this is what you really wanted Turkey. Just stay out of the EU now.

Mr.Sumal

I love on how you don't even try to have actual arguments. You know Erdogan is not democratic and is actively destroying democracy. Yet, you keep on jerking off to every fucking thing he does, while complaining at the same time about "undemocratic actions"

Whatever you smoke must be some good shit.

Where did you get this idea that i jerk off to his actions

I simply do not support this failed coup

With Obama making that statement I'm going to assume US intelligence expects this to fail, otherwise I would imagine he would have waited a little longer. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

Sax1031

Banned
Looks like warning shots, but holy fucking shit at that helicopter gun power, we humans can really make guns that can vaporise anything in its path.

Not seen those types of flashes outside of lighting storms.

that's not a helicopter.

that is an f-16.

this_is_the_bullet_that_fires_from_the_gun_in_the_front_of_an_f16_fighter_jet.jpg

more than likely the rounds being fired at the protesters.

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

It's honestly very funny to witness. It's like democracy is the word of God and we mustn't dare to disagree with it.
The best part is that they're ignoring that the entire claim of being "democratically elected" is a dubious proposition to start with.

MMaRsu

Well, kiss secular Turkey good bye.

I hope Turkey is excited for the tourism rock bottom drop they're about to have as they increasingly turn to Islamic strong arm government.

what a waste

Agreed. Used to love going on vacation in Turkey. If Erdogan stays in power I will never visit again sadly :(.

Pusherman

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

democratically elected

It's honestly very funny to witness. It's like democracy is the word of God and we mustn't dare to disagree with it.

As opposed to that sacred word secular? A concept so special it seemingly justifies acting against the wishes of the people and the political opposition and that might even justify violence against innocent civilians. Get the fuck outta here dude. I don't like Erdogan but this is no way to enact change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom