• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Failed military coup in Turkey; Erdogan promising swift reprisal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reasons provided by the pro-army coup as to why they're doing this? I haven't heard any reports on that yet - just fighting.

The coup needs support outside of themselves if they're attempting to be successful.

Reckheim

I legitimately think he's a good leader and so does a large portion of the Turkish population. Just look at how he defended Turkish interests during the refugee crisis. He also did a great job for the economy.

Sadly it seems he's more and more evolving into a fascist autocrat which, on the long-term, will cause massive damage to Turkey.

Thank you, I wasn't trying to steer up shit, just wanted to get a different point of view.

Markoman

Ok, the Turks in my town (Cologne, Germany) have hit the streets aswell. I can hear car horns from afar. Don't know how to feel about this. Maybe we should cut down their civil rights here in Germany a little so they feel more at home. /jk Sorry, but this is lunacy

Holy shit people's torso's ripped with blood and stuff spilling out. It's not nice to see, as the camera is quite good too. Damn it!

And it's 1:41am too about to get some sleep.

CNN Turk just shut down. I'm getting the feeling the coup has control of a good portion outside of Istanbul since information is silent from the rest of the country.

Red Fire

Serious question, what are the pro's?

He has done a lot for the economy of turkey, improving infrastructure with building important bridges and airports, his 2023 plans and stuff and also some political things to roughly name a few things.

But that does not belong in this thread i think.

Now people will call me out for being an erdogan fan, im just answering reckheims question.

nynt9

Ehm, translation please?

It's basically the same thing as the image in the OP. Which should answer the question this poster has:

Is there any reasons provided by the pro-army coup as to why they're doing this? I haven't heard any reports on that yet - just fighting.

The coup needs support outside of themselves if they're attempting to be successful.

Cnby1wRW8AAKXxu.jpg

Reckheim

Be careful guys, there are video's out there that are really NSFW (people lying dead on the ground, apparently attacked by automatic rifles)

Maengun1

This is crazy. I'm no expert on Turkey or coups or what would happen afterwards, but I know that I don't like Erdogan one bit and the thought of what he might do after this if he stays in power is scary.

Kolx

It's so weird seeing these images of cops arresting soldiers, lol.

"We're in charge now, taking over control from Edrogan"

"You're under arrest, give me your gun"

"Ok"
It's either you shoot them or surronder. Unless you're willing to shoot your own people you don't really have another choice.

oti

Banned
Don't be fooled by the propaganda. This isn't over yet unfortunately. There will be more blood, more casualties. It's a terrible situation. I really don't care about the outcome at this point, I just want civilians to be safe.

To be honest I'd rather have either side win quickly than get into some prolonged civil war. That's the kind of thing that IS would absolutely love.
Well, Erdogan is supporting ISIS and won't move against them (even after them suicide bombing his country MULTIPLE times, supplies moved from Turkish border posts to ISIS controlled border posts a mere 10 meters away), so I doubt things will change much unless the Turkish tanks at the Syrian border get pulled back.

Chaos17

i imagine the army killing it's citizens in the streets is the new look for NATO.

I'm surprised that the army suddenly open fire like that, so far they only attacked tactic points. But shoot civils like that ? That's odd.
I wonder what changed...

Anyway #prayforturkey

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That Brit in Taksim should get out.

edit: Ok he turned off his stream.

If the military ground forces pulled out of Istanbul, you do NOT want to stay in any public place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom