• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
Left home really early and I'm still gonna be late. Fuck this weather for fucking up the roads.

Speaking of co-op; anyone up for L4D2 on Steam or some sort of Halo-ing on XBL? GRAW(2) is also amusing, but I automatically assume nobody has it.

I'd be up for L4D2! I'd play Halo but my XBLG sub ran out back in November and I haven't touched my 360 so I haven't renewed it.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Left home really early and I'm still gonna be late. Fuck this weather for fucking up the roads.

I'd be up for L4D2! I'd play Halo but my XBLG sub ran out back in November and I haven't touched my 360 so I haven't renewed it.

This for me as well. I only paid for my xbl so I could play Halo, and when Halo 4 was terrible... by by gold.

Otherwise I'd be up for some Reach.
Which I'd have to borrow of someone I guess.

How many of you peeps got Minecraft?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Just remember that your whole future is riding on this.
Don't choke! Don't choke! Don't choke!
You'll choke.

L4D2 would be fun Crude. Also since team fortress 2 is free to play that would be another easy one to get everyone together on.

My steam name is in my GAF profile for those that don't have it.

My midterm started 4 minutes ago and I'm still stuck on a bus. Sweet.

So you're drinking tonight, then?

Windam

Scaley member
It started 21 minutes ago and with the weather as it is, I still have another 15 minute commute. The class is 50 minutes long. Definitely gonna have to get smashed to get over this.

Necrovex

Hahaha that was terrible (I chose brave).

L4D2 would be fun Crude. Also since team fortress 2 is free to play that would be another easy one to get everyone together on.

In before victim blaming!

tumblr_mjrm9bLW5s1s8zfpfo1_400.gif

:p

This is how I should take my test. I'll impress everyone with my leet skills.

BIGWORM

Well, the last week has been a helluva rollercoaster, to say the least.

Some of you may or may not remember, but on the 29th, a week ago, my house caught fire and I lost everything, including one of my dogs. I'm finally on something outside of a crappy mobile internet (I love the layout of MobileGAF, but wanting to type a situation update on a phone was not happening). Anyway, the fire had displaced two families; mine, and my inlaws, who moved from another shitty town in hopes to start a new life where I lived and find some decent work.

After having talked to a fire inspector from the fire department, a fire investigator, and a code inspector, they're all led to believe it was a space heater that may've had faulty wiring, yet it wasn't plugged in. I was asleep with my newborn in the living room when I woke up choking on smoke. My wife thought the smoke was from her niece using the curling iron in the master bathroom. My first thought was that it didn't smell like burnt hair. At that time, she observed that there was no smoke in the master bathroom but only in the hallway. I open the door to the first room, and half of the carpet was on fire.

My first comment upon discovery? "Holy shit!" (Strange Days, right?) That woke up my brother in law from the far room left of the garage. He ran out, grabbed the water hose for some kind of suppression. Didn't reach, and didn't work. By that time, all of the kids were already out of the house. I ran back in because I knew specifically where mine and my wife's phone was, then vacated out of the backyard. They found my dog Milo succumbed to smoke inhalation underneath the dresser in the master bedroom; I had to bury him at my friend's parent's house in their backyard. I'm still at a complete loss at what happened.

Thankfully, where I used to work, I knew a few people. A nurse has put us up in a place for the time being, though it's only temporary. Donations like food, clothing, diapers, wipes, formula have helped out immensely. My burnt down house made Thursday's front page of my local newspaper. I almost wanted to punch the photographer in the face as he was taking pictures and asking for a statement WHILE MY HOUSE WAS BURNING DOWN! Anyway, the Tekken gaming community had started a donation drive through Gofundme. A good friend of mine Rene, also known as Kor, started one for my family. If anyone wants to help out, I'll leave the link here:

http://www.gofundme.com/6kmxto

Also, the local paper article:

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/ar...40129002/Fire-destroys-northeast-Visalia-home

If anyone in here would like to help out, my family would be forever grateful. I'm sort of scared to make a new thread, as I never have, and I don't want it to be shit all over by random trolling.

*edit* Sorry for shitting on this thread with bad stuff. =/ Thanks all.

Some of you may or may not remember, but on the 29th, a week ago, my house caught fire and I lost everything, including one of my dogs. I'm finally on something outside of a crappy mobile internet (I love the layout of MobileGAF, but wanting to type a situation update on a phone was not happening). Anyway, the fire had displaced two families; mine, and my inlaws, who moved from another shitty town in hopes to start a new life where I lived and find some decent work.

After having talked to a fire inspector from the fire department, a fire investigator, and a code inspector, they're all led to believe it was a space heater that may've had faulty wiring, yet it wasn't plugged in. I was asleep with my newborn in the living room when I woke up choking on smoke. My wife thought the smoke was from her niece using the curling iron in the master bathroom. My first thought was that it didn't smell like burnt hair. At that time, she observed that there was no smoke in the master bathroom but only in the hallway. I open the door to the first room, and half of the carpet was on fire.

My first comment upon discovery? "Holy shit!" (Strange Days, right?) That woke up my brother in law from the far room left of the garage. He ran out, grabbed the water hose for some kind of suppression. Didn't reach, and didn't work. By that time, all of the kids were already out of the house. I ran back in because I knew specifically where mine and my wife's phone was, then vacated out of the backyard. They found my dog Milo succumbed to smoke inhalation underneath the dresser in the master bedroom; I had to bury him at my friend's parent's house in their backyard. I'm still at a complete loss at what happened.

Thankfully, where I used to work, I knew a few people. A nurse has put us up in a place for the time being, though it's only temporary. Donations like food, clothing, diapers, wipes, formula have helped out immensely. My burnt down house made Thursday's front page of my local newspaper. I almost wanted to punch the photographer in the face as he was taking pictures and asking for a statement WHILE MY HOUSE WAS BURNING DOWN! Anyway, the Tekken gaming community had started a donation drive through Gofundme. A good friend of mine Rene, also known as Kor, started one for my family. If anyone wants to help out, I'll leave the link here:

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/ar...40129002/Fire-destroys-northeast-Visalia-home

If anyone in here would like to help out, my family would be forever grateful. I'm sort of scared to make a new thread, as I never have, and I don't want it to be shit all over by random trolling.

Oh my gosh... I'm so sorry :( I didn't know about this previously. I'm really sorry about the loss of your dog.. Please let me know if I can do anything to help!! Is your newborn okay?
Edit: there's also no reason to apologize at all!! I think all of us are happy to hear that you're okay!!

Wazzy

Banned

Fuck I didn't know you also lost your dog.

I'm so sorry. I'll definitely donate.

Make a thread. You won't get trolled, don't worry.

Windam

Scaley member
Didn't get to write since I didn't make it in time. Time to email the prof, beg for mercy and pray he'll allow me a make-up exam. ;___;

The snow on campus is knee high btw.

Didn't get to write since I didn't make it in time. Time to email the prof, beg for mercy and pray he'll allow me a make-up exam. ;___;

The snow on campus is knee high btw.
Wah that sucks too!! :( if the snow is that bad your prof should be semi understanding, yeah? :( my school is on a mountain so whenever it snows exams are usually cancelled..

NinjaBoiX

Bloody hell BIGWORM, that's horrible man.

Your poor doge...

Best wishes for getting back on your feet, GAF is full of good peeps, they'll help you out.

:'(

MutFox

Banned

Sorry about your dog. :(

If I had more then .58 in my checking, I would. I would post this in OT. GAF will help its own as always.

AcridMeat

Banned
Awful stuff BIGWORM. Unemployed but donated what I could. Hope it helps you all get back on your feet easier. :(
If I had more then .58 in my checking, I would. I would post this in OT. GAF will help its own as always.
Seriously, GAF at large would sympathize with your situation.

BIGWORM

Any chance could someone in here copy-pasta my shitty post into OT forum? I'm out running errands right now so I'm back on mobile. =/

NinjaBoiX

Why do people have a problem using mobile gaf?

I often hear "I can't do X cos I'm on my mobile". I use mobile GAF exclusively and am hampered in no way whatsoever.

I don't understand the problem!

MutFox

Banned
Why do people have a problem using mobile gaf?

I often hear "I can't do X cos I'm on my mobile". I use mobile GAF exclusively and am hampered in no way whatsoever.

I don't understand the problem!

Not a problem of can, but it is faster to do stuff with KB/M...
And depending how big/complicated a post can get, the time multiplies...

NinjaBoiX

Not a problem of can, but it is faster to do stuff with KB/M...
And depending how big/complicated a post can get, the time multiplies...
I suppose, but sometimes it's like "I can't post this pic/gif/whatever cos I'm in my mobile."

I don't get it. You have the internet, you have fingers, go to work!

Wazzy

Banned
I suppose, but sometimes it's like "I can't post this pic/gif/whatever cos I'm in my mobile."

I don't get it. You have the internet, you have fingers, go to work!

It's way more time consuming to post on mobile. Sometimes it loads at the pace of a snail, certain sites don't even end up loading *cough*imgur*cough* and typing is much slower and harder.

Like, if you're at home on mobile, that's a different story(but some of those still apply) but when someones out it's completely understandable why they can't post things they normally can.

NinjaBoiX

Maybe it's just because I don't have the choice, I don't have a PC. But it always seems like a weird excuse to me. It's like, the same and stuff. I don't see how it's any more difficult, apart from the luxury of an actual keyboard.

DN0vHQi.jpg

Wazzy

Banned
Maybe it's just because I don't have the choice, I don't have a PC. But it always seems like a weird excuse to me. It's like, the same and stuff. I don't see how it's any more difficult, apart from the luxury of an actual keyboard.

DN0vHQi.jpg

You might have a better connection.

My phone can't load imgur, is slow when loading other sites on 3g and even suffers on GAFmobile at times.

Another thing is previewing your post doesn't exist on mobile so it's even worse to make a thread. No one want's to post a thread full of spelling mistakes and all that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764099

Here's the thread by the way for anyone wanting to donate or keep it on the first page for awareness.

NinjaBoiX

You might have a better connection.

My phone can't load imgur, is slow when loading other sites on 3g and even suffers on GAFmobile at times.

Another thing is previewing your post doesn't exist on mobile so it's even worse to make a thread. No one want's to post a thread full of spelling mistakes and all that.
I must admit, posting a big thread can be a chore on mobile, for all the reasons you just said. If I'm posting a proper OT, I'd try and use someone's PC normally.

And sometimes mGAF will crash and lose all your hard work.

"Noooo!"

But for everyday browsing and posting, I actually prefer mGAF. I find it much nicer to use and stuff. I regularly compose huge posts with loads of text, gifs and (properly tagged!) links with zero issues.

Horses for courses innit. :D

Fair play for posting BIGWORM's thread though Wazzy, you good peeps.
Trying to type on a phone when you use kb/m like...95% of the time is hellish.

HOW DO YOU DO IT NINJA?
'Cos I'm fucking mint as fuck like.

(See how quick and easy that was?)

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom