• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

The lab finished 46 minutes early. :'D

Also, do you get someone who's just a friend a gift for Valentine's Day? I'm gonna take her to see Frozen and then dinner, so is a gift even needed? Halp me FakeGAF, you hopeless romantics!

If she's just a friend then you don't need a gift.

NinjaBoiX

I don't really like Drive, it's super pretty and the music is great (that hideously cheesy Real Hero aside), but it feels like it should be about 20 minutes long with all the pauses and protracted silence. And the characters motivations seem, I dunno, implausible. It's just a bit boring really.

"But wait, here is an explosion of violence out of the blue! Weren't expecting that eh?" Meh.

Carey Mulligan is adorable though. *-*

Haha, I figured as much! I was like, "but we IRL bro's and stuff, you're just an internet bro at the minute." I didn't really know what to say as it would be as much Acrid's decision as mine, but I hate ignoring posts addressed directly to me. It's rude. :/ You cheeky monkey you!
:D

Yeah when that happens to me I'm just like "uh...uuuuuh...mmmmmmsomething else" and NEVER GO BACK TO THE THREAD.

Anyway, what instrument do you play? Are you any good? I used to play piano as a kid, I can't really play anymore though. I've messed about with Reason in the past but that shit is complex!

Guitar yo. Been playing since like year 8, which is what...12? 13? So approaching 10 years now then. So I would hope I'm at least ok >_>

I posted my personal Bandcamp (it was going to be for a band but it fell apart so now it's not!) in the RPJ thread I think (might be earlier in this thread), got a couple of songs I've written along with some...covers...that are...there >_>

I've got a few more songs but those are the ones I've recorded so...yeah.

I wish I'd kept up with piano. Fucking love that instrument, super hard though.

And yeah, I don't get music software at all either. I did a course on it too. Shit's confusing.

Also yes Hotline Miami is awesome. Stuff made from 80s nostalgia is fucking great. EDIT: THIS INCLUDES DRIVE STOP BEING WRONG.

I don't really like Drive, it's super pretty and the music is great (that hideously cheesy Real Hero aside), but it feels like it should be about 20 minutes long with all the pauses and protracted silence. And the characters motivations seem, I dunno, implausible. It's just a bit boring really.

"But wait, here is an explosion of violence out of the blue! Weren't expecting that eh?" Meh.

Carey Mulligan is adorable though. *-*

it's definitely a case of style over substance but I still dig it.

guys, do you think a weird ring like this could still be altered in size or am I being crazy :/
570---.schlangenringewuln.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Trab, that ring looks like it would be a nightmare to resize. It could probably be done, but I'd imagine it would cost a pretty penny!

Yeah when that happens to me I'm just like "uh...uuuuuh...mmmmmmsomething else" and NEVER GO BACK TO THE THREAD.
You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

:p

I bookmarked your bandcamp link bud, I'll check it out tomorrow as my housemates are down for the night now.

AcridMeat

Banned
I don't think XBoi is wrong on Drive. There are parts where the silence is painful. Doesn't stop me from loving that movie though I understand how others don't.

Windam smiley is right no gift if you're already going out like that.

NinjaBoiX

I don't think XBoi is wrong on Drive. There are parts where the silence is painful. Doesn't stop me from loving that movie though I understand how others don't.

Windam smiley is right no gift if you're already going out like that.
XBoi, I like it!

I can still watch and enjoy Drive for the visuals, musics and Mulligans, but it just feels like it could've been so much better. Maybe I'm more disappointed by it than anything.

Only God Forgives is pretentious, self-indulgent, meandering nonsense though. This is a cold hard fact.

Night night you beautiful motherfuckers, we'll have some more craic tomorrow innit.

Peace.

XBoi, I like it!

I can still watch and enjoy Drive for the visuals, musics and Mulligans, but it just feels like it could've been so much better. Maybe I'm more disappointed by it than anything.

Only God Forgives is pretentious, self-indulgent, meandering nonsense though. This is a cold hard fact.

Night night you beautiful motherfuckers, we'll have some more craic tomorrow innit.

Peace.

I don't think we can be friends anymore D:

Ok...ok, I'm better now.

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

:p

I bookmarked your bandcamp link bud, I'll check it out tomorrow as my housemates are down for the night now.
You typo'd good

Sweet, thanks. The fourth song is annoying 'cause I played it almost perfectly but the high e string was out of tune so the choruses sound like balls :C

Woah, woah, woah, where did those GIFS come from?

MCU community thread. Dunno how they got out though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The End of Evangelion begins with a 14 year old guy masturbating at the hospital bed of a 14 year old COMATOSE girl whose clothes he just ripped off.

Japan, seriously.

Acid08

Banned
The End of Evangelion begins with a 14 year old guy masturbating at the hospital bed of a 14 year old COMATOSE girl whose clothes he just ripped off.

Japan, seriously.
Hey you're the one that wanted deeeeeeeep seeeeeeeerious crap to watch. Did you already finish the series?

AcridMeat

Banned
Man that sounds deep. Oh what the fuck Acid already beat me to it hahahah

I'm enjoying Samurai Champloo so far, about 5 or 6 episodes in. The best part about it is definitely going back to Nujabes' music.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey you're the one that wanted deeeeeeeep seeeeeeeerious crap to watch. Did you already finish the series?

The show begin kinda boring and then developed into utter and complete mindfuck. That original ending was nearly as unsatisfying as the ending to ME3 though, for fuck's sakes.

I read the synopsis for the alternative/complement/REAL GODDAMN ending and I'm watching it now. Aside from the ending, the show was decent. :lol

Then I'll watch Death Note.

Seriously though, I prefer shows where character's faces don't randomly explode and change art style when they're surprised/angry, if you know what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom