• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
On a serious note, I kind of want to make a small tribute video for VIII's 15th. It will be finished when it's over but that's not a big deal.

Pair it up with the unreleased trailer song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNs--9t8ZI

But was your fave even relevant enough to get a remake?

I mean, X is younger than VIII.
ahhrpqrg.gif

That logic has to also apply to VII which is the most popular yet also hasn't gotten a remake. It's getting a remake because it's easier to do.

Keep trying sis. I admire your persistence.

That logic has to also apply to VII which is the most popular yet also hasn't gotten a remake. It's getting a remake because it's easier to do.

Keep trying sis. I admire your persistence.

But VII "supposedly" is the best game ever, so why wouldn't Square devote their time and resources to make a remake? It would totally be a cash cow.

It's because VII and VIII are shit and not even Square cares about them.

Did your fave even get a sequel?

Wazzy

Banned
A remaster for the PC as far as I know.

But considering they are also remastering X-2, clearly quality has nothing to do with remakes/remasters.

I like both tbh

X-2 has one of the best openings ever.

WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?

I CAN HEAR YOU!

Wazzy

Banned
But VII "supposedly" is the best game ever, so why wouldn't Square devote their time and resources to make a remake? It would totally be a cash cow.

It's because VII and VIII are shit and not even Square cares about them.

Did your fave even get a sequel?

They've already admitted it's because they want a game to surpass VII's quality before they consider a remake.

You also have to apply that logic to VI since it only got a cheap shitty mobile remake and not a full fledged one.

Now I know you ain't calling VI, VII, VIII and IX shit.

Your fave also ended on a cliffhanger while mine didn't.

This attempt at trying.

Chuckie

I like both tbh

X-2 has one of the best openings ever.

WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?

I CAN HEAR YOU!

Really? I thought X-2 was pure fanservice crap with a horrible story. Final Fantasy Fashion Show

for me it is: IX > VIII > X > VI >>>>>>>>>>>> X-2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Final Fantasies after that.

They've already admitted it's because they want a game to surpass VII's quality before they consider a remake.

You also have to apply that logic to VI since it only got a cheap shitty mobile remake and not a full fledged one.

Now I know you ain't calling VI, VII, VIII and IX shit.

Your fave also ended on a cliffhanger while mine didn't.

This attempt at trying.

No, just VII and VIII.

And how exactly did X end on a cliffhanger? I'm not even talking about the sequel.

Wazzy

Banned
No, just VII and VIII.

And how exactly did X end on a cliffhanger? I'm not even talking about the sequel.
Still ignoring that you would have to call those games shit since they haven't gotten remakes and are older than X too.

Tidus was thought to have disappeared only to see him in the water with no idea if he was waking up in Zanarkand or Yuna's time.

Also shiiii now I'm getting excited to play the remasters ahhhh

Wazzy

Banned
Really? I thought X-2 was pure fanservice crap with a horrible story. Final Fantasy Fashion Show

for me it is: IX > VIII > X > VI >>>>>>>>>>>> X-2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Final Fantasies after that.

Nah it's actually a fantastic game and sequel. The music is great, the battle system is the best in the series and the storyline is actually a great continuation of the world after Sin's defeat. Lot's of politics and religious debates and a lot of character development from Yuna who begins to break from her sheltered life and finally tries to live.

I would rank them something like:
VIII>X-2>X>VII>IV>VI>V>IX>XII>XIII>III>II>I

Still ignoring that you would have to call those games shit since they haven't gotten remakes and are older than X too.

I'm going to address this because my brain is running on fumes from lack of sleep.

VII and VIII are shit. VI is great, as is IX. My point is this: VII and VIII are widely considered the "great" FF games (I have no fucking idea why), and they are "gaming classics". I would consider, and this is just my perspective, that VI and IX were not as popular / acknowledged by the fanbase for some reason.

Now, with that being said, I will state this: if VII and VIII are so great, and are older than X (remember, we're considering these two "classics"), then why have they not gotten remakes yet? VI and IX do not have the fanbases to support remakes, as much as I would like them to.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm going to address this because my brain is running on fumes from lack of sleep.

VII and VIII are shit. VI is great, as is IX. My point is this: VII and VIII are widely considered the "great" FF games (I have no fucking idea why), and they are "gaming classics". I would consider, and this is just my perspective, that VI and IX were not as popular / acknowledged by the fanbase for some reason.

Now, with that being said, I will state this: if VII and VIII are so great, and are older than X (remember, we're considering these two "classics"), then why have they not gotten remakes yet? VI and IX do not have the fanbases to support remakes, as much as I would like them to.

I hope you know I'm just messing around with our back and forth. :p

But anyway, the creators have admitted that the assets for VII-IX are expensive to rebuild and would cost tons of money whereas they said X was much easier to update. They're just thinking of the best and easiest way to make cash and a VII-IX remake would not be it. Plus X is the second most popular Final Fantasy.

But seriously, I love X and X-2. I just vastly prefer VIII.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
WOOOOOO GOLD FOR SWITZERLAND

Cross-Country, Halfpipe Snowboard and now Downhill Skiing.

There's a theme there.

Acid08

Banned
They'll do a VII remake when Square desperately needs money, it's their ace. If they run into financial trouble it'll be the best thing they can do that will guarantee them a huge success. More money than these X remasters can possibly dream of making.

Chuckie

Nah it's actually a fantastic game and sequel. The music is great, the battle system is the best in the series and the storyline is actually a great continuation of the world after Sin's defeat.

That whole fake Tidus thing was too ridiculous for words to be honest. And it is the only thing that stuck with me. Battle system was great, I give you that.

I loved X, and really looked forward to X-2. But it was a huge disappointment for me. (Nowhere near as shite as XIII though)

Going back to the X-2 discussion on the previous page, yes it was fanservice laden. And the main plot kind of sucked.

But the greatness of the opening and the battle system cannot be denied.

I also hate the Bryan Singer X-Men films.

To be honest, outside of maybe one or two films here or there, I don't really like any comic films pre-Iron Man

Batman and Superman had some good films back before Marvel got their shit together in the 2000s. We had that rush of comic movies post X-men/Spiderman and it hasn't let up since. There are some more obscure properties that got movies too that people don't usually remember when they think "comic book movies". Stuff like The Crow, Blade and Road to Perdition

Batman and Superman had some good films back before Marvel got their shit together in the 2000s. We had that rush of comic movies post X-men/Spiderman and it hasn't let up since. There are some more obscure properties that got movies too that people don't usually remember when they think "comic book movies". Stuff like The Crow, Blade and Road to Perdition

I'd forgotten about Road to Perdition, but that's definitely in that category of "outside of maybe 1 or 2 here" or there. Soo so good. Such a good (almost) swan song for Paul Newman too.

Now watching Batman (1989) for the first time as an adult. I think I saw this when I was quite young but don't remember much.

Batsuit looks so awkward and silly, goddamn.

Chuckie

Now watching Batman (1989) for the first time as an adult. I think I saw this when I was quite young but don't remember much.

Batsuit looks so awkward and silly, goddamn.

I loved it as a kid, but when I rewatched it a year ago or so it definitely felt really dated.
For me time was kinder on Batman Returns. But that has always been my favorite of the old ones. So gothic and creepy.

Batman Returns, Forever + Batman & Robin are ones we had on DVD when I was younger so I saw those ones much more recently. I hate the penguin in returns tbh. Batman & Robin is literally one of the worst films ever made, but it's also one of my most watched movies of all time. Mostly because of the god-tier rifftrax commentary.

The wierdest thing about B&R, other than being utterly absurd in almost every way, is that there are one or two moments where it actually becomes a good movie for about 10-15 seconds before returning to complete shite. Specifically, the bits with Alfred dying and one moment with Mr Freeze. Arnold is much more enjoyable in that film than Uma, who may I say looks dreadful in those Ivy outfits.

Chuckie

I loved the Penguin in Returns. Such a sad freak. Loved all the penguins with rockets too haha. So absurd.

Makes me wanna buy this:

iu5mYhv.jpg

MutFox

Banned
Just got to work after just over 4 hours of sleep...
I forgot my phone... Have never forgotten my phone... :|

Then I found this thread on the 2nd page of community...
SECOND PAGE.

It's gonna be a bad day, all signs point to it...

AcridMeat

Banned
Had phone alarm set for 9 and went to bed earlier than I thought so I could get a nice amount of sleep.

...forgot alarm by my bed was still set for 7:30 fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

SRG01

Road to Perdition is a comic book movie? What?

edit: Hoooooly crap. Just looked it up. *mind blown*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom