• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Kill Bill Volume 1 had enough crazy killer Japanese girls for my lifetime. I probably couldn't handle watching Battle Royale.

AcridMeat

Banned
Kill Bill Volume 1 had enough crazy killer Japanese girls for my lifetime. I probably couldn't handle watching Battle Royale.
Man what? Enough Japanese craziness from a Tarantino movie? I mean he loves that culture but...I don't know that's weird to me. There's a lot of great movies to get an idea of what that cinema is actually like.

Damnit, smelly, I was afraid of what I'd find in here after the PM you sent. Sure enough...

...yet again, Dragonz. I don't think that was meant as a personal attack on you or anyone else, just as my accent thing wasn't meant to be offensive.

He didn't like the series. I didn't like the accent. There wasn't any malice meant behind either.

I dunno if she sent it to everyone else. I was curious and asked. She said it was just for you. I got busy and didn't reply and had it in my inbox when I came back.

Dunno if anyone else has it. :lol

Welp.

ibsSBiOUlRZNEg.gif

Damnit, smelly, I was afraid of what I'd find in here after the PM you sent. Sure enough...

...yet again, Dragonz. I don't think that was meant as a personal attack on you or anyone else, just as my accent thing wasn't meant to be offensive.

He didn't like the series. I didn't like the accent. There wasn't any malice meant behind either.

I dunno if she sent it to everyone else. I was curious and asked. She said it was just for you. I got busy and didn't reply and had it in my inbox when I came back.

Dunno if anyone else has it. :lol

I would respond to this in length, but I haven't had my coffee yet so I'm going to keep things short.

First of all, my business with Trans has been resolved and no other input is needed.

Secondly, I'm getting kind of tired with dealing with shit posts directed at me, regardless of their intention. How would you like it if something similar was directed at you?

Thirdly, the business with the accent was offensive. Both have nothing to do with liking something or not liking something, but instead, are personal in nature and I'm not going to simply walk away from that.

If you don't like something, that's fine. That's your business, and you are entitled to feel that way and I can respect that and live with it. But when it becomes personal (i.e. calling a crucial component of my community disgusting or insinuating that I need amnesia as a kindness) it is not funny and doesn't need to be posted.

Now, I'm going to move past it. I would advise anyone and everyone not to bring it up again because, quite frankly, there's no point to starting another argument. And, if it does continue, I'll just have a few more users to my ignore list.

Woah shit got serious.

Moving away from serious, hangovers suck :C

Also Beef mentioned something about sharing pizza which reminded me of something funny. There's this song by Captain We're Sinking where one of the lines is "Well Sarah's father beats her every night and day".

Someone I know legitimately thought the line was "We share a slice of pizza every night and day".

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
If you don't like something, that's fine. That's your business, and you are entitled to feel that way and I can respect that and live with it. But when it becomes personal (i.e. calling a crucial component of my community disgusting or insinuating that I need amnesia as a kindness) it is not funny and doesn't need to be posted.

I'm no master comedian like Dane Cook, but it was at least a little funny

Finished it last night. I'll just say this, you're really, really going to want to keep playing after the trial is over.

Great weird.

I'm starting chapter four now. I'm hoping no one I legitimately like as a character is next.

That's the only weak point here for me. The slinks aren't well-defined and not many of the characters are likable to where you really care much. Like... The swimmer, pop star, programmer, and the purple haired one are okay. All of the male characters are like... Okay.

Acid08

Banned
I'm starting chapter four now. I'm hoping no one I legitimately like as a character is next.

That's the only weak point here for me. The slinks aren't well-defined and not many of the characters are likable to where you really care much. Like... The swimmer, pop star, programmer, and the purple haired one are okay. All of the male characters are like... Okay.
Well the slinks aren't really a huge part of the game like they are in Persona. *DR spoilerz*
But yeah, that was my problem with the third case. Didn't really care about any of the characters who died. But it was still an interesting case, liked how it played out.

Well the slinks aren't really a huge part of the game like they are in Persona. *DR spoilerz*
But yeah, that was my problem with the third case. Didn't really care about any of the characters who died. But it was still an interesting case, liked how it played out.

Agreed. I'm hoping the next one is one of the two who ignore everyone else this time.

Not that it will be. That wouldn't bother the player at all. Still hoping though.

Acid08

Banned
Agreed. I'm hoping the next one is one of the two who ignore everyone else this time.

Not that it will be. That wouldn't bother the player at all. Still hoping though.
Yeah I'm hoping that
Byakuya
is the next. Fuck that guy.
But the titlecard has Hina in it so I'm kind of guessing this next case will have to do with her. Which I'm pretty anxious about, she's awesome. She's basically Chie without the crippling self doubt.

Yeah I'm hoping that
Byakuya
is the next. Fuck that guy.
But the titlecard has Hina in it so I'm kind of guessing this next case will have to do with her. Which I'm pretty anxious about, she's awesome. She's basically Chie without the crippling self doubt.

Oh, I thought you meant you finished the game. You mean you finished case 3 as well?

But yeah, fuck that guy. Or his creepy stalker. And agreed with the second part. I wonder how intentional some of that is. :lol

I also rather like
Ryouko
for some reason. Dunno about you.

Edit: probably because she reminds me of (P4 spoilers)
Naoto

Why is hard actually hard in P4G? I mean really, pretty much in all other games hard was never this bad (for me at least). Or I am bad at this game and I don't know what I am doing.

Acid08

Banned
Why is hard actually hard in P4G? I mean really, pretty much in all other games hard was never this bad (for me at least). Or I am bad at this game and I don't know what I am doing.
Are you running through the previous dungeons to fight the optional bosses? That's usually a big help. But idk how hard Hard actually is. Normal was stupid easy.

Well the dude at Game Stop was praising it to high heavens so I decided to give it a whirl

Seems legit.

Which reminds me, I think the girl from EB invited me to dinner on Friday. Asked what my plans were for the night while processing my purchase, then was like "oh, you could come out with me!" It wasn't till I left the store that it occurred to me that she might not have been just joking.

existentialcrisiszrkh6.png

Are you running through the previous dungeons to fight the optional bosses? That's usually a big help. But idk how hard Hard actually is. Normal was stupid easy.

Did not know that you could go to previous dungeons. Not that there are many of them for me, I just finished
Yukiko's dungeon right now and used way too many revival beads to beat her shadow. Though I did it a few days early so I might go and try to see if any previous dungeons are open.

Acid08

Banned
Did not know that you could go to previous dungeons. Not that there are many of them for me, I just finished
Yukiko's dungeon right now and used way too many revival beads to beat her shadow. Though I did it a few days early so I might go and try to see if any previous dungeons are open.
Yukiko's dungeon is definitely the hardest one because you're way less equipped than later dungeons. Having her in your party makes you way more able to deal with everything.

But yeah you can go through past dungeon to fight optional bosses and golden hands for super easy levels. Just talk to the person in the TV lobby. So if you talk to Yukiko you'll get a "go to castle" option. But the optional boss in there is pretty tough too so I'd recommend leveling up in the next dungeon first, then attempting her dungeon.

You also get special weapons after beating the optional bosses which are usually better than anything you can get at that specific point in the game. Yosuke has one at the liquor store you can go grab without having to fight anything. Same deal, just talk to him in the TV lobby and choose "go to shopping district"

Yukiko's dungeon is definitely the hardest one because you're way less equipped than later dungeons. Having her in your party makes you way more able to deal with everything.

But yeah you can go through past dungeon to fight optional bosses and golden hands for super easy levels. Just talk to the person in the TV lobby. So if you talk to Yukiko you'll get a "go to castle" option. But the optional boss in there is pretty tough too so I'd recommend leveling up in the next dungeon first, then attempting her dungeon.

You also get special weapons after beating the optional bosses which are usually better than anything you can get at that specific point in the game. Yosuke has one at the liquor store you can go grab without having to fight anything. Same deal, just talk to him in the TV lobby and choose "go to shopping district"

Cool, I'll definitely do that, thanks.

Fighting Yukiko's shadow eventually boiled down to me praying that she wouldn't attack my character because way to many of her moves were one hit kills, so it is good that it won't be as bad as that. I think I used 8 revival beads keeping everybody alive. That dungeon as a whole was awful the last few floors was basically me running as fast as a could away from enemies.

Like Acid said, go do the bonus bosses after to get weapons (you'll find them on the ground in the area after beating them), as these ones are way stronger than most.

Yukiko will be helpful because she'll help heal and stuff. Just make sure to beat golden hands when you can (don't bother with magic on them. Try to get the non-elemental damage skill on a Persona - I forget the name. Maybe Acid remembers). 5000 EXP each plus potential shuffle bonus EXP. It's very helpful for leveling.

Always beat the dungeons on the first day if you can do you can work on social links. Social links are a huge part of the game

There's only one other point at the game where the difficulty spikes again.

Don't run. Fight. If you level, go up a floor, then back down. that way, even if you die, your level is saved when you re-try. Assuming you're playing Golden.

Acid: Starting trial 4

tiddums: god damnit, man.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Feels... very much like SMT4. I think I might like it a bit better so far though. But seriously, it feels like it's just another game in the series. Which.... I guess it kind of is. Spin-off and whatnot.

Acid08

Banned
Feels... very much like SMT4. I think I might like it a bit better so far though. But seriously, it feels like it's just another game in the series. Which.... I guess it kind of is. Spin-off and whatnot.
In terms of story, characters, and themes it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different. You should recognize a lot of the spell names and Personas though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In terms of story, characters, and themes it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different. You should recognize a lot of the spell names and Personas though.

oh yeah story/characters/theme is WAY different, that's the part where I think I like persona a bit better. But in terms of personas vs demons, with Igor/whatever it's called in SMT mediating persona/demon fusion, the very same ability names.... that part is very much like SMT. :p

Acid08

Banned
oh yeah story/characters/theme is WAY different, that's the part where I think I like persona a bit better. But in terms of personas vs demons, with Igor/whatever it's called in SMT mediating persona/demon fusion, the very same ability names.... that part is very much like SMT. :p
Yeah definitely. All the SMT mainline games and spinoffs work around the same core concepts. Which I like, lends some consistency to the SMT-verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom