• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE?

Also, just to be clear, I don't have a mic and I sure as hell don't have one hooked up to my computer. So Skype acting like I have a mic is nothing but trash and lies.

MutFox

Banned
I blame the GAF meetup for the Canucks losses...

We lost to the Leafs at the meetup,
1st loss to them in over a decade... :(

Maybe having another meetup will reverse it? (Or make it worse)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I blame the GAF meetup for the Canucks losses...

We lost to the Leafs at the meetup,
1st loss to them in over a decade... :(

Maybe having another meetup will reverse it? (Or make it worse)

naw, we've sucked for much longer than that. :p

NinjaBoiX

Morning you fine specimens. SmokeyDave is now with child! His missus gave birth last night, BritGAF has a new son.
Never leave us again Ninja
I ain't going anywhere kitty cat, I'm back in the clique.
I'm sure NBX is with me on this one, but there's something adorable about girls in winter gear.
Totes Mutes.

I can't even really explain why, I've been sat here trying to articulate it. Surely the amount of thick, chunky, winter clothing should usually be inversely proportional to the attractiveness of any given female.

Tune before I head to work:

Arrested Development - Mr Wendal

LuffyZoro

YOUR CHOICES DEMONSTRATE THE VIRTUES OF MORE THAN ONE FACTION,
SCORING HIGHEST IN ERUDITE AND ABNEGATION TRAITS

dMTSaKd.png

Lookit that.

I was like maxed out on Amity.

I don't know what that means.

I got lowest on Dauntless. Whatever that means.

In the book, society is divided into five factions. People are genetically engineered to fit into one of them, and so, that's where they go upon choosing said faction. They take a test to determine which one they are best suited for.

Erudite values knowledge and deals with all the science / medicine / technology of the city.

Amity values kindness and does all the farming and land cultivation.

Abnegation values selflessness and not only runs the city, but also does a shit ton of community service.

Candor values honesty. They never lie and...I'm not sure what they do.

Dauntless values bravery. They're super awesome and jump out of moving trains and off buildings for the fun of it, and handle all the military operations.

To be suited for more than one is to be divergent.

To be suited for more than one is to be divergent.

Ha! I always wondered where the name came from. I wanted to read it but when I saw 122 holds on 42 copies at my library, I was like I'll pass. Enjoyed the Hunger Games quite a bit. The previous series she wrote before, though aimed at a younger audience was better imo. I enjoy a fair
too much
amount of mainly fantasy/scifi/dystopian YA fiction.

Ha! I always wondered where the name came from. I wanted to read it but when I saw 122 holds on 42 copies at my library, I was like I'll pass. Enjoyed the Hunger Games quite a bit. The previous series she wrote before, though aimed at a younger audience was better imo. I enjoy a fair
too much
amount of mainly fantasy/scifi/dystopian YA fiction.

Me too man ;_;

I picked it up on a whim and blasted through it. It's really a great series, the writing and prose is amazing and the ending is kind of great too.

I would definitely recommend it if you enjoy YA, but just be prepared for the feels the last book will bring.

Me too man ;_;

I picked it up on a whim and blasted through it. It's really a great series, the writing and prose is amazing and the ending is kind of great too.

I would definitely recommend it if you enjoy YA, but just be prepared for the feels the last book will bring.

(Divergent spoilers)
Tris' goddamn shoulder injury is the only thing about the books that annoyed me. God, I got so sick of reading about it. I wanted a goddamn time skip so fucking bad.

(Divergent spoilers)
Tris' goddamn shoulder injury is the only thing about the books that annoyed me. God, I got so sick of reading about it. I wanted a goddamn time skip so fucking bad.

During Insurgent I got sick and tired of (book 2 spoilers)
her constantly whining about fighting with Tobias. But the make up make out session was nice :eyes:

1) Dauntless
1) Candor
3) Erudite

Dauntless and Candor were the same, tied for first. what happens if that's the case, Dragonz/YKN?

Erudite was a close third.

Ohio's on the list. The accuracy.

Oh, it's on MTV's site. That would explain why I probably never watched it if you did send it to me. I just hate their video player so much.

Also, when is chapter four gonna happen yo? :eyes:

O. Um, maybe today? Idk. :eyes:

1) Dauntless
1) Candor
3) Erudite

Dauntless and Candor were the same, tied for first. what happens if that's the case, Dragonz/YKN?

Erudite was a close third.

It means you have equal aptitude for both bravery and honesty, with knowledge as a third. In other words, divergent.

To be qualified for more than one is to not fit into the preconceived factions, and therefore "divergent".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom