• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phonography by Britney Jean Spears. Why? Because it's incredible.

tumblr_static_tumblr_n1kra3thss1qclky6o4_r1_250.gif

Dude, not the welcome mat :( :( :(

MutFox

Banned
Ugh. Manager didn't show to open the store so I had to stand outside for an hour in the cold rain. I'm already sick and now it's worse. Another manager had to rush in and we opened late.

That really sucks... :(

Wasn't very cool of the Manager...
He should have let the other Manager know sooner. :\

Unless of course it was a family emergency...
I'm guessing it wasn't though... :/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
These are the true miracle workers. Some day I might even pay them.

I'm paying it by letting it live. That has to be enough. I mean, he basically lives next to the head of my bed, that's the worst spot he could've possibly built his web.

Good thing I'm not scared of spiders and he's cool.

Wazzy

Banned
Sounds like you've had a great Sunday. There are not enough negativemen in the world.
I can't even post negatman at the momet. :negativeman:

that sounds like some bullshit, wazzerz. Are your managers usually that "responsible"?
He's been pretty bad for the past 2 months. He's always showing up late and he treats associates like crap. I'm hoping he'll be let go because of this since the other managers just sent an email to our GM about him.
That really sucks... :(

Wasn't very cool of the Manager...
He should have let the other Manager know sooner. :\

Unless of course it was a family emergency...
I'm guessing it wasn't though... :/

Basically what happened is yesterday he didn't show up for his shift(thankfully it wasn't an opening shift) because his grandmother passed away. That's fine and I felt bad for him. The problem is, he knew this and yet told no one he wouldn't be coming in today and he agreed to show up. So he then decides that 50 minutes into his shift that he'll finally call someone else to come and open the store up because he's not coming.

AcridMeat

Banned
Most managers I've encountered are horrible at managing.
Ugh. Manager didn't show to open the store so I had to stand outside for an hour in the cold rain. I'm already sick and now it's worse. Another manager had to rush in and we opened late.
I had this happen one day. I wasn't sick and it was only about 20 minutes in the rain in the morning, but I know that feel.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My manager at my old service job was awesome. Made the job worthwhile. She would always stick up for us when it came to upper management.

I've made it alive, and it's so nice outside. Time to get ready and go explore.

I also found something very weird, but the picture won't load for some reason. Anyway, it was an EA Sports store the only sold clothing. I don't get how that is a good idea?

Got it to work, but it's very large.

Wazzy

Banned
You're all lucky you got awesome managers. :(

Most managers I've encountered are horrible at managing.
I had this happen one day. I wasn't sick and it was only about 20 minutes in the rain in the morning, but I know that feel.

It's the worst, right? All I stood there thinking was "I could be sleeping right now"

AcridMeat

Banned
I should have specified I meant in retail.
I've made it alive, and it's so nice outside. Time to get ready and go explore.
Where are you from? It's been super nice here recently. I've never seen an EA Sports store before that is baffling.
It's the worst, right? All I stood there thinking was "I could be sleeping right now"
Exactly. It was only 3 of us standing out there for a morning shift where no one would show up. I came up with the angriest thoughts and insults in my head in the meantime haha

I should have specified I meant in retail.

Where are you from? It's been super nice here recently. I've never seen an EA Sports store before that is baffling.

From Michigan normally, so it was almost, kind of, looking like Spring outside when I left.

And yeah, I don't get it why they'd call it that. They were just selling college and local sports team clothing and nothing else. I didn't inspect it to closely, but I didn't see any games back there. It was in the airport mind.

AcridMeat

Banned
From Michigan normally, so it was almost, kind of, looking like Spring outside when I left.

And yeah, I don't get it why they'd call it that. They were just selling college and local sports team clothing and nothing else. I didn't inspect it to closely, but I didn't see any games back there. It was in the airport mind.
Ah Michigan then yeah this is definitely something! Oh no kidding that's in SFO? I'll have to see if I can find it next month.

I'm off for a walk to the pizza zone. Professor I'm sure more will be in the area this week we could try to get a proper GAF meet together if you're inclined.

Ah Michigan then yeah this is definitely something! Oh no kidding that's in SFO? I'll have to see if I can find it next month.

I'm off for a walk to the pizza zone. Professor I'm sure more will be in the area this week we could try to get a proper GAF meet together if you're inclined.

It was at the Detroit Metro, so you'll have to visit to see it.

As for the meet up, sure, just let me know when or whatnot, and I'll see if I can fit it in my schedule.

Alright FakeGAF. Serious question time. Should I go clean shaven for professionalism or keep the trimmed beard I have for style points?

AcridMeat

Banned
Trimmed beard but be warned that's what 90% of the GDC male population looks like. If you wear plaid shirts then it's over.

This kids dad must be high or something. They keep saying in this high pitched voice variations of "bro" "breh" "Brah".

His kid was complaining that he went back and bought more pizza for himself. "I'm hungry breh I'll go buy more if I haaaave to."

I'm leaving I can't handle this with a straight face anymore.

MutFox

Banned
Basically what happened is yesterday he didn't show up for his shift(thankfully it wasn't an opening shift) because his grandmother passed away. That's fine and I felt bad for him. The problem is, he knew this and yet told no one he wouldn't be coming in today and he agreed to show up. So he then decides that 50 minutes into his shift that he'll finally call someone else to come and open the store up because he's not coming.

Yeah, sucks about his family situation,
but he has to be resposible enough to let the other Manager know he's gonna be AFK.

Canucks won though, that should cheer you up a bit. ;P
And we beat Luongo! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom