• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The people underneath me smoking weed at least 4 times every single night are annoying the hell out of me. Our heater is broken and makes my apartment unbearably hot, and not being able to open my windows unless I want it to smell like weed is just ugh

Set a giant rat loose in their apartment. Maybe they'll move.

[thirsty edit]:

kearney.gif

I should watch more rugby.

Be still my beating heart. This must be what love feels like.

I assume that you must have enjoyed yourself since you kept going for 8 hours.

Immensely. I played as King Phillipe. Married him to Anna (or is it Anne?) of the Byzantines and had like five legitimate kids, and at least four bastards. She plotted to kill me twice so I successfully plotted to have HER killed, and then I married a teenage princess from England.

And then one of my vassals rebelled, so I went and quenched the rebellion. But then the peasants to the north rebelled too, so it was a struggle but I made it through. Got maimed though, ended up dying a few months / maybe a year later.

My son inherited the throne, but then William the Bastard managed to gain enough traction (it was mostly my fault because I failed to keep up with it diligently) to put elective succession into power. So I tried to imprison him, which failed. He rebelled and I didn't have enough forces left, so I had to surrender and abdicate the throne to one of Phillipe's legitimized bastards, Henri II. And that's where I left off.

Losing the throne isn't the end.

You just have to plot your way back to the top!

I trust you can now see the amazing potential of this game for a Game of Thrones mod. Which you should probably DL and check out once you've had a bit more experience in the base game. I haven't tried it (lolspoilers) but I'm told it's amazing.

One of the DLCs still on sale is "Ruler Designer", which lets you customize the first ruler you play as. Can make the game a bit too easy with minmaxing and gives a huge headstart to the Heir Eugenics programmes I always run, but can also be great fun.

Immensely. I played as King Phillipe. Married him to Anna (or is it Anne?) of the Byzantines and had like five legitimate kids, and at least four bastards. She plotted to kill me twice so I successfully plotted to have HER killed, and then I married a teenage princess from England.

And then one of my vassals rebelled, so I went and quenched the rebellion. But then the peasants to the north rebelled too, so it was a struggle but I made it through. Got maimed though, ended up dying a few months / maybe a year later.

My son inherited the throne, but then William the Bastard managed to gain enough traction (it was mostly my fault because I failed to keep up with it diligently) to put elective succession into power. So I tried to imprison him, which failed. He rebelled and I didn't have enough forces left, so I had to surrender and abdicate the throne to one of Phillipe's legitimized bastards, Henri II. And that's where I left off.

When will Game of Thrones tbh?

I may need to get Crusader Kings II sometime.

Losing the throne isn't the end.

You just have to plot your way back to the top!

I trust you can now see the amazing potential of this game for a Game of Thrones mod. Which you should probably DL and check out once you've had a bit more experience in the base game. I haven't tried it (lolspoilers) but I'm told it's amazing.

One of the DLCs still on sale is "Ruler Designer", which lets you customize the first ruler you play as. Can make the game a bit too easy with minmaxing and gives a huge headstart to the Heir Eugenics programmes I always run, but can also be great fun.

Yeah, I know I can work my way back up, but I haven't figured out the exact mechanics yet. For example, I started out as a High Chieftan in Finland just for shits and giggles, and had no idea how to make myself king or work my way out of that rut. I suppose it just takes practice and being really comfortable with game mechanics.

And yes this would be an amazing Game of Thrones mod. I'm going to have to download it and the ruler designer DLC.

When will Game of Thrones tbh?

I may need to get Crusader Kings II sometime.

It's on sale on Steam..........
Goddamnit, CK2 is way too addictive. I've been playing for the past six hours straight. Skipped supper.

Me too. I went out to make a sandwich and my roommate looked at me funny because I was making food so late.

Basically you can create titles. If you use the mapmodes in the bottom right of the screen, there is "De Jure Duchies", "De Jure Kingdoms" and "De Jure Empires". If you or your vassals control more than 50% (percentage might be different for eahc level I forget) of a Duchy, you can create that Duchy, or Usurp the title from whomever holds it. So in your case, to create the kingdom of Norway or Sweden or Finland or something, you need to have the majority of the De Jure Kingdom of X, then you spend a certain amount of peity and gold to make the title.

That crazy screenshot I showed you before had me forming Aengland, then the Empire of Britannia.

Basically you can create titles. If you use the mapmodes in the bottom right of the screen, there is "De Jure Duchies", "De Jure Kingdoms" and "De Jure Empires". If you or your vassals control more than 50% (percentage might be different for eahc level I forget) of a Duchy, you can create that Duchy, or Usurp the title from whomever holds it. So in your case, to create the kingdom of Norway or Sweden or Finland or something, you need to have the majority of the De Jure Kingdom of X, then you spend a certain amount of peity and gold to make the title.

That crazy screenshot I showed you before had me forming Aengland, then the Empire of Britannia.

Ah, I see. I'll try it out tomorrow.

I'm watching a video of the Game of Thrones mod and it looks great. Obvious spoilers but it's incredibly accurate.

d I was seriously wondering what happened to you because you weren't posting in the thread.

(◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

It's so hard to link good introductory videos now because the patches and DLCs have changed and added so many mechanics. To be honest I haven't even kept up with it since EU4 came out and I switched back to playing that and HoI3 primarily.

:negativeman:

Even so...

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA

1024x576lhat6.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
His hand got bit when he put it into the TV and my avatar was his face the next morning when Chie and Yosuke were talking about the midnight channel in the Junes food court.

riiiiiiiight.

I also laughed at the RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT part from Yosuke after
Rise
shows up :lol

AcridMeat

Banned
Second attempt at a gif. A bit more jank in this one, but hopefully FakeGAF still finds it successful.
Wish I could buy you a beer right now for the last two gifs you made hahaha.

Also I'm dying at "Nah man. Dick is dick."

edit:
D'awwwww, six year old Acrid is adorable.
I vividly remember that photo too. I was really bored while we were in Ikea, so my sister took me to a photo booth in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom