• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
lOGeSSZ.jpg

Everything about this image. HAhahahaha my goodness...

You guys don't remember the witch hunts that went on last year because of got spoilers and teasing.

Heads rolled. Blood soaked the streets. Children orphaned.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You guys don't remember the witch hunts that went on last year because of got spoilers and teasing.

Heads rolled. Blood soaked the streets. Children orphaned.

There better. It's coming back soon omg.

I will kill anyone who spoilers me.

I ended up getting the Red Wedding spoiled for me while reading the books. I just went to search for pictures of something else on Google and a meme image popped up and RUINED EVERYTHING.

My dad couldn't deal either. A paraphrasing of the conversation we had:

*silence*

Dad: ...he's dead?
Me: Yeah.
Dad: No way.
Me: yeah.
Dad: no, he's not dead. Go back, I need to see it again.
Me: Dad he's gone.
Dad: I don't believe you. There's no way. Start the next episode.

*five minutes into episode 10*

Dad: HE'S REALLY DEAD?
Me: ...yeah

Hmm, as someone who hasn't watched it but felt like shit and began crying just from reading a plot summary, you might be a little broken.

Possibly. I mean, it's not like I never get choked up over anything (it's rare, but does happen). Last two things from games/movies I can remember that did get me was in Persona 4 (MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS)
where Nanako "dies"
and the ending of Ladder 49.

Not much gets to me, but it's not like NOTHING ever does. So I was surprised when this didn't.

I am a major sook during movies, but knowledge that the film was supposed to be mega sad ended up torpedoing the ending for me emotionally. I felt sad, but since it was so easy to figure out what would happen at the end it did not have remotely the impact it seems to have had on other people. Movies that made me feel way worse than that include; Children of Men, Gattaca, Donnie Darko, The Fall, The Lives of Others.

I am a major sook during movies, but knowledge that the film was supposed to be mega sad ended up torpedoing the ending for me emotionally. I felt sad, but since it was so easy to figure out what would happen at the end it did not have remotely the impact it seems to have had on other people. Movies that made me feel way worse than that include; Children of Men, Gattaca, Donnie Darko, The Fall, The Lives of Others.

Gattaca didn't do anything for me either.

I think it's because 1 hour isn't long enough for me to become attached to a character, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom