• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendliest people in the entire nation, a mix of east coast and west coast stuff, best food around if you're in the chicago area...

Best food is subjective, because we have that here too. An insane variety, as well. There's nothing quite like fresh seafood.. It's not limited to just one city; it's everywhere, up and down the coast. Especially in New England.

The scenery and history is beautiful here. Colonial buildings, sites of great battles, historical landmarks, gorgeous beaches... The list goes on and on.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Grilled fish is o.k but as someone who lived near the beach for a time, the beach and anything that smells like the beach is gross. The beach smells like dead fish and ejaculate, and contains copious amounts of both. I feel truly sorry for anyone that suffers from trimethylaminuria.

Grilled fish is o.k but as someone who lived near the beach for a time, the beach and anything that smells like the beach is gross. The beach smells like dead fish and ejaculate, and contains copious amounts of both. I feel truly sorry for anyone that suffers from trimethylaminuria.

...I think you were probably at a shitty beach

Things are just so... Rushed and... I dunno. People seem "cold" in all of the East coast cities (NY, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Montreal). I'm not entirely sure how to explain it

Always a bit of a culture shock when I go to the East coast. Never been to the west apart from some of Cali.

People in the south are nice, but the politics... Oi vey. Couldn't stand it down there.

Also I hate fish. So that's a non-starter for me. :p

TrueGrime

*Watches the aussies go at it. Amused*

UdTfs.gif

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Drinking with people? That's an early warning sign for depression you know. You should drink alone, much healthier.

usea

sippin on coke and rum, I'm like so what I'm drunk
so gimme that TOOT TOOT, lemme give you that BEEP BEEP

singing the best song ever #sorrynotsorry

I went to a wedding today and had a great time. Normally I don't really care for weddings. I got nothing accomplished this weekend though, and I even missed a couch-to-5k day.

Quebec is a great city / province though.

It's Canada's Texas.

And most people who play games online that have a bunch of people with QC in their names will tell you otherwise too, I'd assume.

Also, Smelly disagrees too.

"They speak French there. And they French they speak isn't French" (can vouch, it's disgusting what they do to French.)

"Yet they claim it's French. And if you say otherwise they think you're a fucking idiot. And if you're not from Quebec, they think you're a fucking idiot anyways."

It's Canada's Texas.

And most people who play games online that have a bunch of people with QC in their names will tell you otherwise too, I'd assume.

Also, Smelly disagrees too.

"They speak French there. And they French they speak isn't French" (can vouch, it's disgusting what they do to French.)

"Yet they claim it's French. And if you say otherwise they think you're a fucking idiot. And if you're not from Quebec, they think you're a fucking idiot anyways."

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same Quebec, because from my experience it was fine; the people were pleasant, the scenery was gorgeous, and it was just an overall great city.

It's Canada's Texas.

They're not wrong in your case, apparently.

The language differences are due to the fact that Québec became part of British North America in 1759; the language in France is formally maintained by a government institution that does not exist elsewhere. Add to it that for some reason English-speaking kids in North America (including me) are for some reason not taught the language as it is spoken by any French community on the continent and you get shitty sentiments like that expressed in your post.

Toronto > Everywhere else in Canada.

But we share Rob Ford news with you, so we get everything good about Tdot without the bad.

They're not wrong in your case, apparently.

The language differences are due to the fact that Québec became part of British North America in 1759; the language in France is formally maintained by a government institution that does not exist elsewhere. Add to it that for some reason English-speaking kids in North America (including me) are for some reason not taught the language as it is spoken by any French community on the continent and you get shitty sentiments like that expressed in your post.

But we share Rob Ford news with you, so we get everything good about Tdot without the bad.

You call me am idiot, yet fail to notice that it wasn't me who said that. Unless you're pretending that the French in Quebec is proper French. Which is the only thing I explicitly stated I agreed with (that it was not. Because it isn't.)

Gg.

Reading comprehension is fun.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
You know it brah.

I should be finishing season 3 tonight, then the first two eps of season 4 are sitting ready to watch on the sky box. I just gotta be behind!

You're still not finished? Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh we were discussing this stuff like a week ago*

I need someone to discuss this stuff with. My usual tv buddy is failing me tonight ;__;

*Time may be shorter than what actually happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom