• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. I was just giving you shit and generally saddened by what could have been.

Oh, okay :).

I know there is very little worse than an anticipated show/book/movie not living to what you thought it would be. I will lament the desecration of Heroes post season 1 for a long time.

“I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment,” she says. “That’s how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.”

I hate you so much Rowling.

Harry X Hermy 4ever

Oh, okay :).

I know there is very little worse than an anticipated show/book/movie not living to what you thought it would be. I will lament the desecration of Heroes post season 1 for a long time.

Season 2 was awful, but let's not pretend the end of season 1 lived up to anything anyone wanted it to be.

They teased that big fight for the entire back half of the season and then Peter just sort of becomes the bomb and gets whisked away. Way to use that budget, NBC.

All moved in to my new place and my feet are cold and hurt-y, but I'm decided that January is over and I'm going to turn a corner, come hell or high water.

Also, bloated. I had naan bread for dinner and ate too much.

Oh man. I think I had too much too. :(

That's good though about the rest of it! Take it easy, do what you gotta do, and make a fresh start to the new year

Hey FakeGAF, I finally got my ass to Mars.

uXBfV7Z.jpg

Don't be jealous.

Wazzy

Banned
But she still needs to apologize for the Ginny and Harry romance.

I mean that was terrible on every level.
Oh no doubt. I liked the idea of HxG but it was poorly written.

HxR, though? It was a great couple and it didn't feed into the trope of main guy gets main girl that everyone loves to play into. Why she's suddenly regretting them is beyond me. She's the fucking idiot who even called HxH fans delusional and now she's siding with them?

The women needs to just move on.

Season 2 was awful, but let's not pretend the end of season 1 lived up to anything anyone wanted it to be.

They teased that big fight for the entire back half of the season and then Peter just sort of becomes the bomb and gets whisked away. Way to use that budget, NBC.

But the drop off between season 1 and 2 was the stuff of legend! And lets not even talk about season 3.

I can forgive the fight, but can't forgive the Sylar nonsense and Peter dropping a girl in a cruddy alternate timeline and promptly forgetting about her.

I don't think I had ever dropped a show before that one. I either watch until cancelled or it finishes its run.

But the drop off between season 1 and 2 was the stuff of legend! And lets not even talk about season 3.

I can forgive the fight, but can't forgive the Sylar nonsense and Peter dropping a girl in a cruddy alternate timeline and promptly forgetting about her.

I don't think I had ever dropped a show before that one. I either watch until cancelled or it finishes its run.
I remember a quote from the producers wondering why everyone hated Season 2. It was, to paraphrase, something like "Everyone loved all of these things about season 1 and we're doing the exact same things over again. What on earth is the problem?!"

Wazzy

Banned
You guys can laugh at RxH fans being upset but at least they have a great reason to be.

HxH fans used to send threats to JK if she didn't put HxH together.

Hermione and Harry made so much fucking sense.
So what if it is a trope, it wasn't the drivel that was RonxHermione/HarryxGinny.
No it didn't. Ron and Hermione were always building up and were better written. Anyone could see it a mile a way. Just because two people are close friends does not suddenly mean they have to be in love.

Now, I'll give you Harryx Ginny because it should have been LunaxHarry would have made sense.

Wazzy

Banned
JKrowling needs to do the world a service and just shut up about Harry Potter. Everything she retcons or adds in is incredibly stupid.

HEY GAIS DD IS GAY!

"Uhhh why didn't you put it in the book?"

WHO CARES HE'S GAY!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
JKrowling needs to do the world a service and just shut up about Harry Potter. Everything she retcons or adds in is incredibly stupid.

HEY GAIS DD IS GAY!

WHO CARES HE'S GAY!

was pretty obvious he was gay though

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I was on the edges of many a HP fandom wars during my Buffy fandom days.

I remember when people said stuff like "During my punk rock days". Now they say stuff like "during my Buffy fandom days".

"Hogwarts, you're lonely, I'm lonely. We don't have to be. Besides, you can't go around manipulating your staircases."

Everytime I read this I die laughing.

I am literally in tears right now.

"Hogwarts, you're lonely, I'm lonely. We don't have to be. Besides, you can't go around manipulating your staircases."

Everytime I read this I die laughing.

I am literally in tears right now.

Whoever wrote that had to be doing a parody. There is no other explanation. The person could not be serious. The humor seems too intentional.

No it didn't. Ron and Hermione were always building up and were better written. Anyone could see it a mile a way. Just because two people are close friends does not suddenly mean they have to be in love.

Now, I'll give you Harryx Ginny because it should have been LunaxHarry would have made sense.

Ron and Hermione was a stereotypical teen (child) romance.
Dude and gal fights all the time, but all that fighting was just hiding how much they liked one another.

What Harry and Hermione had on the other hand was a great trust, a similar background, a smaller intelligence difference, and what actually looked like a spark. He saved her multiple times, came to her help when she was in need, and she in turn confided in him - told him the true true.

Pau

HEY GAIS DD IS GAY!

WHO CARES HE'S GAY!
love is the most powerful force in the universe and will save us all

unless it's gay love. that's just weird and you have to become functionally asexual afterwards.

so progressive, rowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom