• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake GAF 2014: Welcome to the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Luna x Harry really doesn't make sense though. I'd give you Neville x Luna.
I preferred NevillexLuna but I do think Harry X Luna had a nice buildup. There was quite a few moments between them in OOTP.

Anyways ugh I never thought I would get this heated over Harry Potter again. I literally stopped thinking about the series but of course JK opens her mouth.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I preferred NevillexLuna but I do think Harry X Luna had a nice buildup. There was quite a few moments between them in OOTP.

Anyways ugh I never thought I would get this heated over Harry Potter again. I literally stopped thinking about the series but of course JK opens her mouth.

Luna x Harry seems decent to me. Makes sense.

Luna x Harry is acceptable.

My rankings:

HxH >> LxH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GxH

Wazzy

Banned
Ron and Hermione was a stereotypical teen (child) romance.
Dude and gal fights all the time, but all that fighting was just hiding how much they liked one another.

What Harry and Hermione had on the other hand was a great trust, a similar background, a smaller intelligence difference, and what actually looked like a spark. He saved her multiple times, came to her help when she was in need, and she in turn confided in him - told him the true true.
Come on. You're completely ignoring RxH friendship solely to support your pairing.

RxH spent lots of time together and were extremely close friends. They bickered, yes, but they were never horrible to each other and it was obvious they loved being around each other.

Harry had quite a few moments he treated Hermiome like utter garbage and Ron had to call him out.

People need to accept the fact they were a trio and there was no better friendship. Ron and Harry were bro's, Harry and Hermione were like brother and sister and Ron and Hermiome cared deeply about each other.

love is the most powerful force in the universe and will save us all

unless it's gay love. that's just weird and you have to become functionally asexual afterwards.

so progressive, rowling
Hahaha so true.

ronito

The problem about saying hxr makes no sense is that it's mainly said when it comes to achievement. Which love doesn't care about

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
love is the most powerful force in the universe and will save us all

unless it's gay love. that's just weird and you have to become functionally asexual afterwards.

so progressive, rowling

I always assumed that Dumbledore was in love (romantically) with Grindelwald and that because he put his relationship with Grindelwald above the needs of his family (and the entire world), his asexual "put everyone else's needs before my own"-attitude is his way of seeking redemption for the death of is sister.

But eh.

Wazzy

Banned
I can't believe I'm arguing Harry Potter pairings.
Rowling is such a massive troll ;_;
Tbh

I could have been fine with HxH if it had been written that way. My issue is mainly that Rowling is completely pussying out on what she wrote.

This is the same author that called you and HXH fans delusional and attacked your ship multiple times.

marrec

Banned
You know, the best Comic Book Movie may be Scott Pilgram vs. The World... or it could be because I just watched that with FK.

Pau

I always assumed that Dumbledore was in love (romantically) with Grindelwald and that because he put his relationship with Grindelwald above the needs of his family (and the entire world), his asexual "put everyone else's needs before my own"-attitude is his way of seeking redemption for the death of is sister.

But eh.
Probably not intentional, but when all other (heterosexual) forms of love aren't shown to have such dire consequences, I have to shake my head a bit. The way to properly avoid such issues: don't just have one gay token character and call it a day.

Smiley90

Probably not intentional, but when all other (heterosexual) forms of love aren't shown to have such dire consequences, I have to shake my head a bit. The way to properly avoid such issues: don't just have one gay token character and call it a day.

but gay love is like, dirty or something, didn't you know

Smiley90

I don't think Rowling intended to portray homosexuality as having dire consequences... I just think she is a bad writer who doesn't think about that kind of thing.

I think she contemplated it,started it, but then never had the guts to actually fully commit to it.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't think Rowling intended to portray homosexuality as having dire consequences... I just think she is a bad writer who doesn't think about that kind of thing.
It's probably also this.

This is the same women who had Harry contemplate Tonks being in love with Sirius.

Sirius, her First. Fucking. Cousin.

Pau

Yeah, I can believe that she didn't mean it and just didn't think about how it fit into her work, thematically.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
The film is pretty funny in an absurdist kind of way. Bother with it.

Acid08

Banned
Depending on what your problem with the book was then, yeah, you probably won't like the movie. The movie is like a greatest hits version of the book, all the important stuff without the filler and much less awkward dialogue. Plus it has great effects and that untouchable Edgar Wright direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom