• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I need to avoid all political threads in Off Topic.

So many posts that show about as much understanding of American politics as can be gleaned from a Reddit hot take.
My knowledge of American politics: it's a tyre fire where the left are actually right and the right are goddamned insane

EDIT: OH GOOD. GREAT. EXCELLENT.

FloatOn

all motivation to get things done has flown out the window.

I'm not exactly tired just extremely blah

anyone know this feel?

Fluvian

Banned
all motivation to get things done has flown out the window.

I'm not exactly tired just extremely blah

anyone know this feel?

Yes and I have my personal ways of getting past it, everyday I need a bit of change, new people, places, games, movies etc.
I need something new everyday to keep me motivated, I only feel flat and boring when I think life is never going to change.

FloatOn

Yes and I have my personal ways of getting past it, everyday I need a bit of change, new people, places, games, movies etc.
I need something new everyday to keep me motivated, I only feel flat and boring when I think life is never going to change.

I think it's coming off the holiday for me. I completely turned my brain off for the past three days and now shifting gears into productivity is becoming problematic.

Blah
Back to school
2 pm to 5 pm = 2 classes

Tuesday's X Thursday's are actually decent , I've got a 8 am class tomorrow and every Monday /Wednesday / Friday
Fuck

Zero²

Lol there are so many modern pop-punk bands better than The Ataris

Hehe :3

I may not respond particularly quickly, just a heads up. Things might be happening :3
Anamanaguchi counts as modern pop-punk? lol

Ohhh good luck then rob, just go with the flow and if you don't feel like it don't push it!

giphy.gif

FluidFoolhardyEchidna.gif

HorizonDusk.gif

Lawd.

Fluvian

Banned
I really don't know what everyone is getting hyped about, the gameplay looks like a fairly average cinematic bow shooter game (with a bit of Binary Domain thrown in) and thanks to games like no mans sky large scooped games are becoming less and less interesting.
I think everyone is way too impressed by it's aesthetic design and graphics that their over hyping an alright looking game.

Fluvian

Banned
I'm ready for Horizon Zero Dawn to be either Guerrilla's TLoU or a total disappointment.

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? why can't people have level expectations, to paraphrase you (if it's not amazing it's shit) I hate this mentality so much.
We've gone through this so many times as a community, everyone gets hyped about something, that something comes out and it doesn't live up, then suddenly everyone is going back and pointing out the signs that it wasn't going to be great, a bunch of captain Hindsights if you ask me.

I really don't know what everyone is getting hyped about, the gameplay looks like a fairly average cinematic bow shooter game (with a bit of Binary Domain thrown in) and thanks to games look no mans sky large scooped games are becoming less and less interesting.
I think everyone is way too impressed by it's design and graphics that their over hyping an alright looking game.
Combat looks great, visuals look great, art looks great, it's an RPG, and the concept is very interesting. That's why I'm super excited.

And NMS really doesn't have anything to do with this or other open world games. NMS was far more ambitious and a completely different genre.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? why can't people have level expectations, to paraphrase you (if it's not amazing it's shit) I hate this mentality so much.
We've gone through this so many times as a community, everyone gets hyped about something, that something comes out and it doesn't live up, then suddenly everyone is going back and pointing out the signs that it wasn't going to be great, a bunch of captain Hindsights if you ask me.

Because Guerrilla has a long history of overhyping utterly mediocre games.

Also, NeoGAF.

Just saw someone with a Death Rosenstock tshirt. I am sad I am on the bus and they aren't so I can't high five them

like who?

Just off the top of my head...

The Copyrights, The Dopamines, Off With Their Heads, Banner Pilot, Arms Aloft, The Murderburgers, Rational Anthem, Lipstick Homicide, The Unlovables, Direct Hit!, Pup, Pkew Pkew Pkew, Dear Landlord, House Boat...shall I go on? :p

EDIT: Masked Intruder

EDIT 2: Creeper

Zero²;216037599 said:
Anamanaguchi counts as modern pop-punk? lol

Ohhh good luck then rob, just go with the flow and if you don't feel like it don't push it!
I dunno, but they're pretty great. Though I'm not the biggest fan of their newer stuff.

And thanks, looks like we're having to rearrange though. Which tbh I don't mind, haha *relaxes*

Fluvian

Banned
Because Guerrilla has a long history of overhyping utterly mediocre games.

Also, NeoGAF.

Just looked up who Guerrilla games are, that just makes me question why people are hyped even more, all they've made are killzone games, those games are bland and forgettable.

Their real mistake with Killzone was thinking a largely bland grim dark military shooter could compete with Halo's much more unique and vibrant settings and lore.

Just looked up who Guerrilla games are, that just makes me question why people are hyped even more, all they've made are killzone games, those games are bland and forgettable.
I think everyone likes it when a studio gets to make something different. And it does look pretty good so far.

FloatOn

Just off the top of my head...

The Copyrights, The Dopamines, Off With Their Heads, Banner Pilot, Arms Aloft, The Murderburgers, Rational Anthem, Lipstick Homicide, The Unlovables, Direct Hit!, Pup, Pkew Pkew Pkew, Dear Landlord, House Boat...shall I go on? :p

EDIT: Masked Intruder

EDIT 2: Creeper

I'll have to check some of these out.

Maybe I'll get over the whole "modern punk is shit" thing one of these days :p

Maybe I need to increase my chill when it comes to music and not be such a snob idk

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I feel like Killzone's underserved hype was the result of much the gaming press throwing their objectivity away, either by their own fanboyism (the Xbox vs PS2 idiocy of the era extended well into gaming journalism) or the oh, so juicy sales and clicks from pushing a PlayStation exclusive "Halo killer" at a time when Halo had redefined the FPS genre.

I was a junior editor at a printed mag back then and I couldn't believe the amount of bullshit surrounding that game. As far as I'm concerned, it was an embrionary version of NMS applied to the FPS genre. But unlike NMS, it took several games for most people to realise how damn hollow it was. I'm not mincing words: it was a genuinely shameful moment for gaming journalism, from some of the unchallenged claims to the gratuitous promotion.

I will contend that Killzone and Killzone 2 feature some of the finest art direction ever seen in this medium, but as far as I'm concerned, they were much better tech demos than games. Specially Killzone.

I'll have to check some of these out.

Maybe I'll get over the whole "modern punk is shit" thing one of these days :p

Maybe I need to increase my chill when it comes to music and not be such a snob idk
I remember when that happened for me, it was when I first listened to The Ergs at uni, haha :3

Also Crusades, RVIVR, Iron Chic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom