• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What constitutes as "so many"?

Misha

Banned
I didn't even know that was a myth

Americans just always seemed to be worse at drinking

Which, admittedly, is probably somewhat down to having a much healthier drinking culture than what we have here, where a lot of people go out and get utterly fucked every weekend

funny thing is I constantly hear from Europeans (including brits) that americans have a much more unhealthy drinking culture because our drinking laws make us want it more.

either way tho theres still a huge pressure to drink (and in settings like college to drink a lot) so regardless of whether its healthier, its not really healthy at all

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
funny thing is I constantly hear from Europeans (including brits) that americans have a much more unhealthy drinking culture because our drinking laws make us want it more.

either way tho theres still a huge pressure to drink (and in settings like college to drink a lot) so regardless of whether its healthier, its not really healthy at all
Lol. American drinking culture is VERY tame.

If I wasn't such a dirty flipper I'd probably have about 5000 games
From trading in / reselling I've had a lot of shit

I should get rid of these 100+ Atari games I have, they are trash , lots of CiB ones too

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'd love to have a displayed collection of games that hold personal significance to me, with presentable artwork. Stuff like Super Metroid, Arcanum, Half-Life 2, etc. And I still have a lot of those boxes laying around. But I've moved too many times to cart that stuff around, and have always lived in shared accommodation where finding the space to display that stuff is difficult. Now I've got my own apartment I could probably look into rebuilding my physical collection, but eehhhh.

I've fuck all video game stuff on display in general, now that I think about it. E3 Geralt statue and a handful of amiibos. That's about it.

EDIT: Oh and my Bayonetta 2 collectors edition. Which is like...the second full CE I've ever purchased.

FloatOn

I don't see the appeal of collecting physical games. It seems like a tremendous hassle for something that is novel at best.

Then there is the issue of most old games aging very poorly.

They are a hassle

I'm just going to keep my nes X snes X N64 X GameCube before I move, I'll get rid of most of my physical stuff

DVDs I wanna just list for $1 or $2 each at a yard sale and then donate everything else

EatChildren

I don't see the appeal of collecting physical games. It seems like a tremendous hassle for something that is novel at best.

Then there is the issue of most old games aging very poorly.

Any form of collection display is symbolic and personal as it serves no greater purpose than to distinguish identity and interests. People like to surround themselves, especially in their homes, with the iconography that makes them feel comfortable. For someone who has a legitimately rich interest in video games as a medium of creative expression, then I can see why having a tremendous collection would be appealing.

FloatOn

They are a hassle

I'm just going to keep my nes X snes X N64 X GameCube before I move, I'll get rid of most of my physical stuff

DVDs I wanna just list for $1 or $2 each at a yard sale and then donate everything else

I used to buy DVDs on the cheap but then I realized even those were hugely inconvenient when nearly everything is streaming somewhere.

I fully embrace the all digital future. The sooner physical media dies out the better imo.

Any form of collection display is symbolic and personal as it serves no greater purpose than to distinguish identity and interests. People like to surround themselves, especially in their homes, with the iconography that makes them feel comfortable. For someone who has a legitimately rich interest in video games as a medium of creative expression, then I can see why having a tremendous collection would be appealing.

Fair point. I have some concert posters framed around my house. But it would be excessive I think to frame a print of every show I went to.

Maybe one day I'll want to get some old game stuff in my house but I can't see beyond getting only my absolute favorites and nothing more.

FloatOn

Someone hold me

Like so?

UC_online_horizontal_poster2ABC_short.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
The term 'emo' is often interpreted very loosely, but most of that isn't what I'd call emo. Paramore is not emo.

Also tfw shit from like 2007 is some ancient blast from the past...

FloatOn

The term 'emo' is often interpreted very loosely, but most of that isn't what I'd call emo. Paramore is not emo.

Also tfw shit from like 2007 is some ancient blast from the past...

Emo to me was stuff like the get up kids. But like I said post punk from the 80s is the superior musical form imo

Me: I'm the only one here who can call anyone gay, by right

Friend: hey I've had sex with a dude

Me: wtf you have?

Friend: hell yeah dude

Me: you a top or bottom?

Friend: the fuck? Of course I'm a top

Me: right on man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom