• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I've been engaged twice, both times to women I met on a MUD roleplaying website.

Basically I don't know what the deal is with me but words seem to work wonders.

It's undeniably strange though, don't use this as advice on how to meet people. It isn't supposed to work.

Rob, buy that boat and join a yacht club >:)

Actually I've never met anyone at a yacht club. But having hobbies is great.
Probably actually going to spend that money on something useful

Like a flat

Punk shows ;)
I already know everyone there :c

You seem to like music a lot. You should try and learn an instrument.

Boats are bad investments.

I'd rather date someone with a yacht than another self involved musician douche. the world already has too many
...did you both forget that I play guitar and have been for like 15 years? :c

I'd rather date someone with a yacht than another self involved musician douche. the world already has too many

335834.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
What's the advantage of having sex on a cruise compared to anywhere else? I hate the ocean; I hate being trapped with random ass people, so it's two big strikes against cruises for me right off the bat

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
What's the advantage of having sex on a cruise compared to anywhere else? I hate the ocean; I hate being trapped with random ass people, so it's two big strikes against cruises for me right off the bat

Well, presumably in most cases you won't be in the cabin with random ass trapped people, just your partner. So that's one strike potentially removed. I guess if you're viewing it as, "we're all trapped on this boat", then yeah... but I mean, we're all trapped on this planet, too!

Fluvian

Banned

A plane on the other hand, I'm totally into that.

FloatOn

Cruises rule. Unlimited drinks and food and when you are not hanging out at the pool you fuck all day in your cabin!

It's a hedonistic dream

it's romantic! and hot because it's kind of out in the open but also really sorta private. it's hard to describe.

Xiao Hu

Ok folks, I need your opinion/preference on this: I've been assembling a scenario for a potential fantasy novel over the course of several years now but my mind keeps changing the foundation of the universe constantly. So far I've gone through

a) The last remnants of human kind flee on simple ships to new shores to escape a cataclysmic event. They end up at the vast borders of a decaying decadent empire where they try to establish a new dominion (think of the last centuries of the Roman Empire and the constant invasions of barbarians that established their own kingdoms on Roman soil).

b) Imagine a humanity that doesn't adhere to any concept of theism. Instead great scholars have influenced and taken care of the people's spiritual desires stressing rationality over superstition (think of something like oriental philosophies but instead sat in a western society). So barely a century ago something tremendous happens and people emerge who wield the power defying fundamental physical laws, and 'greater beings' from the other side seeking dominance over this world.

c) A historic fiction about Europe in 17th century. It uses a similiar concept like b) concerning the sudden 'appearance' of magic. I wanted to put emphasis on a turning point in history where science and magic never split but remained part of the same thing. Europe's grand powers use the few mages to pursue their own ambitions, true magic artifacts are scarce and treated like state secrets while those who dare discover ancient knowledge in dangerous grimoires.

I have narrowed it down to b) and c), a) is would be a nice choice to play around with political dynamics like in Dune or Morrowind. b) and c) allow me to explore how the age of enlightenment and the development of humanism would have been affected by something that both contradicts rationality yet is still a natural force.

A little bit of feedback would be really appreciated.

zeemumu

also I'd like to add that a yacht is like the hottest place to have sex at. I'd kill for yacht sex

I don't know, trab. The yacht could capsize and you could get stranded on a floating piece of wreckage, only to be saved by a passing crime boss and his band of mercenaries who take you in and then find the guy you were on the yacht with after he's teamed up with the crime boss' mortal enemies, then the guy has to choose between saving you and his new girlfriend that his ally is also in love with, and ends up choosing you, causing the other guy to swear revenge on both of you, then you get into a fight and are presumed dead only to come back later as a crime fighter with an assassin girlfriend and you help the guy stop his revenge-seeking ally and his band of mercenaries headed by Summer Glau, then you get impaled with several arrows and fall off a roof, forcing your sister to take up the crimefighting mantle in your name while you get revived in a deus ex machina pool to join another group of crimefighters.

And also you have to work out on a salmon ladder like every single day.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I've only been on a cruise once. I was eleven... the matron at my orphanage took me and one other kid. All that happened was that she and her sister gambled a lot and I did karaoke and had a bunch of eighty-year-olds tell me I killed it with my cover of Melissa Etheridge's "Come To My Window".

What a time to be alive.

Summer Glau capsizing story

In retrospect, however, I wish this happened instead.

FloatOn

Ok folks, I need your opinion/preference on this: I've been assembling a scenario for a potential fantasy novel over the course of several years now but my mind keeps changing the foundation of the universe constantly. So far I've gone through

a) The last remnants of human kind flee on simple ships to new shores to escape a cataclysmic event. They end up at the vast borders of a decaying decadent empire where they try to establish a new dominion (think of the last centuries of the Roman Empire and the constant invasions of barbarians that established their own kingdoms on Roman soil).

b) Imagine a humanity that doesn't adhere to any concept of theism. Instead great scholars have influenced and taken care of the people's spiritual desires stressing rationality over superstition (think of something like oriental philosophies but instead sat in a western society). So barely a century ago something tremendous happens and people emerge who wield the power defying fundamental physical laws, and 'greater beings' from the other side seeking dominance over this world.

c) A historic fiction about Europe in 17th century. It uses a similiar concept like b) concerning the sudden 'appearance' of magic. I wanted to put emphasis on a turning point in history where science and magic never split but remained part of the same thing. Europe's grand powers use the few mages to pursue their own ambitions, true magic artifacts are scarce and treated like state secrets while those who dare discover ancient knowledge in dangerous grimoires.

I have narrowed it down to b) and c), a) is would be a nice choice to play around with political dynamics like in Dune or Morrowind. b) and c) allow me to explore how the age of enlightenment and the development of humanism would have been affected by something that both contradicts rationality yet is still a natural force.

I like B

I guess I could kinda see it if I had my own boat and didn't have to share with a bunch of strangers
oh yeah I didn't mean a cruise. there are also smaller yachts
I don't know, trab. The yacht could capsize and you could get stranded on a floating piece of wreckage, only to be saved by a passing crime boss and his band of mercenaries who take you in and then find the guy you were on the yacht with after he's teamed up with the crime boss' mortal enemies, then the guy has to choose between saving you and his new girlfriend that his ally is also in love with, and ends up choosing you, causing the other guy to swear revenge on both of you, then you get into a fight and are presumed dead only to come back later as a crime fighter with an assassin girlfriend and you help the guy stop his revenge-seeking ally and his band of mercenaries headed by Summer Glau, then you get impaled with several arrows and fall off a roof, forcing your sister to take up the crimefighting mantle in your name while you get revived in a deus ex machina pool to join another group of crimefighters.
hot enough 4 me.
still really on a dryspell here.

I also vote b

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I vote A.

That said, however, my tag is literally a reference to a somewhat niche 90's space opera. Of course I'm voting A.

In her book Bossypants Tina Fey suggests cruise trips are just for people who hate flying. I love flying and have never been on a cruise trip, so maybe she has a point? (Plenty of yachting though)

There's something very powerful about a yacht and the sense of control it gives you. Not to mention the natural motion of the water gets you into an interesting rhythm. It's no surprise sexual tension is heightened.

zeemumu

still really on a dryspell here.[/SPOILER]

What if you and your friends get stranded on the yacht only to find an abandoned cruise ship so you get onboard to check it out then some maniac starts killing off your friends and you fight them off, leaving you as the sole survivor, and then you see your friends (and yourself) approaching on the yacht again and realize that you're stuck in a time loop and these events are destined to keep repeating forever, so in a bid to break the loop, you become the killer and get fought off by yourself and thrown off the ship, only to wake up on the shore and head home and find your past self being abusive towards your daughter so you kill your past self and take her place and try to drive away with your daughter only to get into a car accident that ends up killing your daughter so you drive to the docks to reinsert yourself back into the loop in a vain attempt to stop all of these horrific events from happening?

my point with these hypotheticals being that yachts are weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom