• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Hmm... Bully was alright, Table Tennis was dumb, LA Noire was bad...

They Developed Manhunt right? That game was pretty good.

lol
La noire was a bit soulless but it was the first major venture into a detective procedural. I want more
They're just terms and meaningless. It's like the agonizing threads over whether the Souls games are JRPGs or not.
Pop punk imo

marrec

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234249

Total bullshit, I played the demo and put some decent thought into this thread. It was a legitimate point of discussion with well reasoned points. 5 second reaction my ass. I am offended

Repost it this weekend, it'll get more traffic then anyway.

I really enjoyed the RE7 demo tbh

La noire was a bit soulless but it was the first major venture into a detective procedural. I want more

Ya, in that respect it'd be cool if they could iterate on what was there, but I wouldn't play another one like it.

Jobbs

Banned
idk...mice running...ducks sitting...it's WILD over here.

idk I've never seen a duck on a roof or anything cool in a while over here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last awesome find was my goose pals, but I haven't seen them in ages ;_; (I don't know the migratory schedule of geese off hand but I'm sure they migrated)

Sounds kinda Pokemon-ish.=p

I used to play Pokemon.

There's no collect em all aspect. You have a companion you acquire early in the game and you'll note the flowers growing around the world can be interacted with. You can consume them yourself for suit xp or feed them to the pet for pet xp. If you keep feeding the pet it'll evolve into various forms depending on what you've fed it, and the forms grant you various stat boosts as well as sometimes special powers.

example of pet feeding

did anyone feel like the baby in the Death Stranding trailer looked weird? like everything looked good but the baby looked like someone dropped an infant in Sims 2.

Timu

There's no collect em all aspect. You have a companion you acquire early in the game and you'll note the flowers growing around the world can be interacted with. You can consume them yourself for suit xp or feed them to the pet for pet xp. If you keep feeding the pet it'll evolve into various forms depending on what you've fed it, and the forms grant you various stat boosts as well as sometimes special powers.

example of pet feeding
Ok, that sounds interesting, and wow, that webm looks great, better graphics than I can do for games I create(since 2007).=O

Jobbs

Banned
did anyone feel like the baby in the Death Stranding trailer looked weird? like everything looked good but the baby looked like someone dropped an infant in Sims 2.

Norman Fetus was all

CuCvD4G.gif

Ok, that sounds interesting, and wow, that webm looks great, better graphics than I can do for games I create(since 2007).=O

I suck at most aspects but art, which I had some experience with before starting in games. I've been working on this game for a few years now :eek:

FloatOn

I should play MGSV

I own it but just haven't got around to it yet.

I fucking loved the original MGS but then part 2 got too weird and I checked out on the series

Jobbs

Banned
I should play MGSV

I own it but just haven't got around to it yet.

I fucking loved the original MGS but then part 2 got too weird and I checked out on the series

MGS5 is... Hard to quickly summarize.

It's some amazing gameplay in between some amazing bullshit and has an absolute horseshit story.

Oh, I guess it's not that hard.

Been wanting forever to play Soma and Witcher 3 but instead I'm thinking of playing some Don't Starve.

plot twist: that's you.

ikr

2g9Lnvt.gif

FloatOn

"is rad" isn't a persuasive argument.

try again.

MGS5 is... Hard to quickly summarize.

It's some amazing gameplay in between some amazing bullshit and has an absolute horseshit story.

Oh, I guess it's not that hard.

Been wanting forever to play Soma and Witcher 3 but instead I'm thinking of playing some Don't Starve.

I still need to finish dark souls 3 :eek:

and I played just a few hours of witcher 3 and I'm already in love. I think you'll like it when you get around to it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I liked MGSV's story, but there was nowhere near enough of it and the plot twist was dumped on you at the last minute and not explored beyond that.

The game felt like so much of it was missing, yet it was already super long. I've never played a weirder game.

FloatOn

I wish I didn't have to be geralt (and I know you play as someone else in limited preset moments but I want more than that)

he's an interesting character especially after seeing how he's developed after the events of witcher 2

the dialogue options are not so binary too so you do get to bend him to your liking.

and also give him pretty girl hair if you so choose

Jobbs

Banned
he's an interesting character especially after seeing how he's developed after the events of witcher 2

the dialogue options are not so binary too so you do get to bend him to your liking.

I have little tolerance for any variant of gravely voiced tough guy (which he definitely seems to be a member of) so it's a lot to take

since most male protags in games fit into this group it's easy to see why I so strongly prefer female protags.

Horizon is pure hnnnggg. So cool.

Love the sound, so good, thanks.

In payment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czmaR4wVqoQ

yo

I prefer women singers too but #notallmen are bad

oh okay. so you aren't actually interested in conversations.

you just like to make statements just because

got it
I'm not arrogant enough to think I should try to convince people that my taste is great and that they should totally listen to me. I mean I was when I was 15 but not now.

I'm not interested in conversations about conflicting tastes. They're boring. Nothing ever comes out of them. I don't care if you don't like thing that I do, and vice versa. Why argue over it? Your taste is your taste, that's fine.

I'm much more interested in conversations which have more opportunities for solid goofs. Just chasing weird ideas and exploring them for comedy and such. Way more fun, way more interesting, way more posi. And I like to be posi yo.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Bruh his hair isn't girly, it's beautiful in a manly way

Timu

I suck at most aspects but art, which I had some experience with before starting in games. I've been working on this game for a few years now :eek:
You're welcome!=O

Funny enough I'm terrible at art, lol. I can do a story since I write a lot and do novels, in fact I made a novel in 2013 based on a game I'm trying to create(which has been going on for a decade, lol).

FloatOn

I'm not arrogant enough to think I should try to convince people that my taste is great and that they should totally listen to me. I mean I was when I was 15 but not now.

I'm not interested in conversations about conflicting tastes. They're boring. Nothing ever comes out of them. I don't care if you don't like thing that I do, and vice versa. Why argue over it? Your taste is your taste, that's fine.

I'm much more interested in conversations which have more opportunities for solid goofs. Just chasing weird ideas and exploring them for comedy and such. Way more fun, way more interesting, way more posi. And I like to be posi yo.

you shouldn't just assume that people will be defensive and conversations with people that have a difference of opinion are wasteful.

I happen to believe that people can learn from one another.

and I'm speaking from my own perspective here, I genuinely am interested in the reasons people like or dislike what they do. not so that I can argue but so that I can maybe learn a thing or two.

I won't always agree but I at least like having the discussion. and I really like when people get excited about stuff they like and want to tell me about it and the reasons behind all of it.

It's how I got hooked on The Americans. I wouldn't have watched that show if it were not for some of the people in this thread :D

marrec

Banned
he stole Julien from me you know. I saw her live a couple of days ago. so the marrec-bonus points should go to me!

The cad!

*moves bonus points from Jobbs to Trab on his spreadsheet*

I've gotten so much good music outta this thread you all have great taste.

especially trab

I was hoping for an argument :(
I thought that was too hyperbolic for someone to agree with me

I'm sorry :(

It's legit an issue that has given me pause when doing open mics.

Jobbs

Banned
You're welcome!=O

Funny enough I'm terrible at art, lol. I can do a story since I write a lot and do novels, in fact I made a novel in 2013 based on a game I'm trying to create(which has been going on for a decade, lol).

I used to do comics years and years ago

I've had to learn to do all the stuff myself to some degree because there's no other way to make a game without depending on icky humans :p

he stole Julien from me you know. I saw her live a couple of days ago. so the marrec-bonus points should go to me!

QgpIHxY.jpg

I've got it saved to work through once I'm done listening to Julien don't worry!
Good

They also have a band together called Dear Everyone, but they haven't released anything yet and have only done each others songs as a group from the couple of times I remember seeing them

Trab you should check them out too. Helen Chambers is on a split with Chuck Ragan which is suuuuuper weird

I used to do comics years and years ago

I've had to learn to do all the stuff myself to some degree because there's no other way to make a game without depending on icky humans :p

QgpIHxY.jpg

look at the spreadsheet jobbs! looks like you won't be fathering marrec's babies today
tumblr_mukefff5sA1s33heeo1_500.gif

I like Rainer Maria a lot, look that up too and trab can't claim that one since I probably was listening to them when she was in grade school

I love em though!! it's not my fault your 983473985 times older

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom