• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Tiddum's post is a reference to this eight year old post where someone said that another game looks like it ran on a PS2. It's been used as a meme on NeoGAF ever since.

Oh I see. Thanks for explaining that, I was confused as to DeafMutes post and the link, I was thinking "does he actually believe that?" lol

LIVIN' LA DOLCE VITA
LIFE COULDN'T GET MUCH SWEETER
DON'T YOU GIVE ME A REASON
THAT IT'S NOT THE RIGHT SEASON
BABE I LOVE YOU A LOT
I'LL GIVE YOU ALL I GOT
YEAH YOU KNOW THAT IT'S TRUE
I'VE BEEN SAVIN' ALL MY SUMMERS FOR YOU
LIKE FROOOOOOOOOOOOOT, LIKE FROOOOOOOOOOOT

iw4dOuBnk36Ei.gif

Buzzin' on three beers.

I LUH TO GET ON

I LUH TO GET 2ON

WHEN THE DRINK BE TOO STRONG

WHEN THE TREE BE WAY TOO STRONG

GETTIN' FADED TURN IT UP

POUR IT ON UP TILL I CAN'T EVEN THINK NO MORE

Kevyt

LIVIN' LA DOLCE VITA
LIFE COULDN'T GET MUCH SWEETER
DON'T YOU GIVE ME A REASON
THAT IT'S NOT THE RIGHT SEASON
BABE I LOVE YOU A LOT
I'LL GIVE YOU ALL I GOT
YEAH YOU KNOW THAT IT'S TRUE
LIKE FROOOOOOOOOOOOOT, LIKE FROOOOOOOOOOOT

iw4dOuBnk36Ei.gif

Woah dude...

(Was a webseries from Johnny McGovern)

YOU GIVE ME THAT HUMMINGBIRD HEARTBEAT

SPREAD MY WINGS AND MAKE ME FLY

THE TASTE OF YOUR HONEY IS SO SWEET

WHEN YOU GIVE ME THAT HUMMINGBIRD HEARTBEAT

I think this song might be about cum. But I'm not sure.

LOOK INSIDE

LOOK INSIDE YOUR TINY MIND

AND LOOK A BIT HARDER

'CAUSE WE'RE SO UNINSPIRED

SO SICK AND TIRED OF THE HATRED YOU HARBOR

SO YOU SAY IT'S NOT OKAY TO BE GAY

WELL I THINK YOU'RE JUST EVIL

YOU'RE JUST SOME RACIST

WHO CAN'T TIE MY LACES

YOUR POINT OF VIEW IS MEDIEVAL

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU VERY VERY MUCH

zeemumu

Why can't Iris be less like a worse version of Lois Lane and more like Felicity? And I think Flash has fallen for that exploding arrow trick in every incarnation that he's ever had.

And as for playstation, they haven't announced much that I care about. Uncharted looks nice, and No Man's Sky looks promising, but that's about it.

Turin

Banned
It's not even that they're lazy. They're working on several projects right now and nobody asked for half of them.

They need to learn better priority management.

Do you honestly think they wouldn't fuck it up at this point?

I think it'd have to be M rated anyway. They got away with some shit on the PS1.

Turin

Banned
And Barret's adorable potty mouth. And there's also some carnage that got filtered by the PS1 graphics. Not to mention those weird Jenova spawn that come right out of The Thing.

Acid08

Banned
I think people underestimate just how gigantic an undertaking remaking FF7 is. There are zero assets for them to reuse, the entire thing would need to be built from the ground up. Plus I'm not sure they would even be able to keep a lot of the stuff like the cross dressing mission in the game. It's a super weird prospect remaking that game. Still hope they do it at some point though, it's a guaranteed success for Square.

Kater

Banned
Was the crossdressing offensive in some way because I can't see why they couldn't keep it in the game. It's not sexy lingerie that he's wearing in the game, right? Shouldn't be a problem then.

I mean, Monty Python did crossdressing a lot and that's not a big deal either.

Acid08

Banned
Was the crossdressing offensive in some way because I can't see why they couldn't keep it in the game. It's not sexy lingerie that he's wearing in the game, right? Shouldn't be a problem then.

I mean, Monty Python did crossdressing a lot and that's not a big deal either.
It's not that it's offensive but it's totally at odds with what Square as a company has been doing for years. If FF7 were to be re-made I think there would be pretty significant changes to it to be in line with modern Square ideals. I would expect a lot of the wackiness in FF7 to be toned down and for it to be an even more serious game than it was before. It would be modern Square's vision.

Basically, I don't see that game being a straight up re-make, more like a modern take on it.

zeemumu

It would have to be M lest the crossdressing and gay bathhouse scenes corrupt America's youth. Also, the implied sex scene between Cloud and Tifa.

The cross dressing wouldn't warrant an M rating. And they got away with some stuff in Crisis Core and that was only Rated T, and Zack was in a pool of his own blood at the end of that, and Jenova was basically naked.

Kater

Banned
It's not that it's offensive but it's totally at odds with what Square as a company has been doing for years. If FF7 were to be re-made I think there would be pretty significant changes to it to be in line with modern Square ideals. I would expect a lot of the wackiness in FF7 to be toned down and for it to be an even more serious game than it was before. It would be modern Square's vision.

Basically, I don't see that game being a straight up re-make, more like a modern take on it.
That's much more likely than them changing it because they fear age rankings. Yeah, I could see that.

Turin

Banned

My main concern is that in trying to be more serious it'd be too much like Advent Children. Too anime-like and with no sense of humor at all.

Man, that's kind of irritating

Was watching the Ring of Honour Final Battle iPPV and it's just gone awful. Like buffering every few seconds and skipping backwards.

I suppose that's the world's way of telling me to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom