• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you re-add me please?

PM someone in the chat, anyone can add to it. I'm not sure if you're on my contact list, there's tons of people and most don't have names that line up to their GAF usernames. But let me or someone else know (depending on time of day) and we'll add.

Turin

Banned
George Bush doesn't care about green people

Fine by me.

Grinch-Smile-GIF-the-grinch-27844611-500-363.gif

MutFox

Banned
I still haven't really played my Wii U,
still waiting for a part for my home theatre room... :|
(Hopefully comes today)

I want to play Smash so bad...

Kater

Banned
Drinking some cheap wine and reading Charles Bukowski short stories about how miserable you could have it. Living the life. 😪

Linius

It's better than doing nothing at all, I suppose. I'd rather quench my thirst though to be completely honest.

Are you still playing Fantasy Life? I stopped at 320 hours now.

Ya, pretty much. It's Pokémon time now. Fantasy Life is sitting at 96 hours, which is a lot for me. It's my second most played 3DS title. Still waaaay off first place though. Alpha Sapphire is making steps to third place though. MK7 will fall at last. If only I had decent wifi at the time of release it would have had much more hours.

Anyways, Rune Factory 4 is finally releasing in Europe so that's gonna be another time sink. I'll save that for next year.

Kater

Banned
Ya, pretty much. It's Pokémon time now. Fantasy Life is sitting at 96 hours, which is a lot for me. It's my second most played 3DS title. Still waaaay off first place though. Alpha Sapphire is making steps to third place though. MK7 will fall at last. If only I had decent wifi at the time of release it would have had much more hours.

Anyways, Rune Factory 4 is finally releasing in Europe so that's gonna be another time sink. I'll save that for next year.
Rune Factory is also a life sim, right?

My gaming time on the 3DS was extreme in 2013. Aeound 600 hours in Fire Emlem Awakening, 100 in ACNL and 130 in Pokemon X. This year the only real timesink I had was Fantasy Life and Bravely Default (bought in 2013 but only played most of it in the new year) at 80 hours. The rest are just eShop titles that I finished in about 10 hours max.

Linius

Rune Factory is also a life sim, right?

My gaming time on the 3DS was extreme in 2013. Aeound 600 hours in Fire Emlem Awakening, 100 in ACNL and 130 in Pokemon X. This year the only real timesink I had was Fantasy Life and Bravely Default (bought in 2013 but only played most of it in the new year) at 80 hours. The rest are just eShop titles that I finished in about 10 hours max.

New Leaf is my number one with 450 hours. Never expected to ever put down so many hours. But it's mostly because of the Gaf community I have to say.

Rune Factory got more life sim elements in it than Fantasy Life. There's marriages and stuff. But the dungeon exploring and gathering is much more 'hardcore' than Fantasy Life. It doesn't really aim at a kiddy audience.

Kater

Banned
That's one hard cheese, wow.

New Leaf is my number one with 450 hours. Never expected to ever put down so many hours. But it's mostly because of the Gaf community I have to say.

Rune Factory got more life sim elements in it than Fantasy Life. There's marriages and stuff. But the dungeon exploring and gathering is much more 'hardcore' than Fantasy Life. It doesn't really aim at a kiddy audience.
The thing with ACNL was that I didn't think of doing more of the online stuff. If I would have engaged more with other people in ACNL (like I did in FL) I would have had more fun with it and would have put more hours into it. Now it's a bit late for that though. That's why I'm hoping that we see a AC U just so that I can try the online aspect.

The way you describe Rune Factory I can't help but be reminded of Recettear. It sounds really good. But what do you mean with "much more 'hardcore' than Fantasy Life"? The boss fights at a later stage in FL are very hardcore from my experience.

Linius

The thing with ACNL was that I didn't think of doing more of the online stuff. If I would have engaged more with other people in ACNL (like I did in FL) I would have had more fun with it and would have put more hours into it. Now it's a bit late for that though. That's why I'm hoping that we see a AC U just so that I can try the online aspect.

The way you describe Rune Factory I can't help but be reminded of Recettear. It sounds really good. But what do you mean with "much more 'hardcore' than Fantasy Life"? The boss fights at a later stage in FL are very hardcore from my experience.

Yeah, the New Leaf community is on a low point now. But we're close to getting that fifth OT. AC might be a game I'd buy a Wii U for, but on the other hand I'd never play AC on a console like I did with my 3DS. It's perfect to play in between things, on the road and whenever. Having to boot up a console and sit down for it is something else if you get what I mean.

And yeah, the tower bosses and crazy monsters are pretty strong. But it's mostly the kiddy looks and cute design I meant. Even though Fantasy Life is an RPG at heart, it's pretty straightforward everywhere. I think Rune Factory is a bit more difficult. Probably because they don't have in mind that kids play the games too.

Kater

Banned
Yeah, the New Leaf community is on a low point now. But we're close to getting that fifth OT. AC might be a game I'd buy a Wii U for, but on the other hand I'd never play AC on a console like I did with my 3DS. It's perfect to play in between things, on the road and whenever. Having to boot up a console and sit down for it is something else if you get what I mean.

And yeah, the tower bosses and crazy monsters are pretty strong. But it's mostly the kiddy looks and cute design I meant. Even though Fantasy Life is an RPG at heart, it's pretty straightforward everywhere. I think Rune Factory is a bit more difficult. Probably because they don't have in mind that kids play the games too.
Oh, so you don't have a Wii U yet. I kind of assumed you would have for some reason, sorry for that. AC on console would be perfect for me because AC was something I only really played when I was at home anyways, I never really saw it as a game to play on the go. Plus it would have the advantage that the resolution and the graphics would looks a lot better. Just imagine it! 😚

Now I know what you mean (in regards to FL). Yeah, the cute design is really kid-friendly (Cartoon Violence). Well then, I think I have to check out Rune Factory 4 if there are any screenshots or trailers yet.

Ohhh yeah in for a whole day of trying to figure out what the fuck's up with my PC since the new SSD didn't fix the problem.

Fingers crossed my mobo isn't fucked!

tw6qcRp.jpg

i am so not prepared for this right now.

as much as i looked forward to this 4 years ago, i'm definitely not ready to actually move on after college.

god im a mess

We all wanna be adults until we have to be adults.

Cereal ewww

No one says ewww to Cinnamon Toast Crunch and gets away from me alive.

Ohhh yeah in for a whole day of trying to figure out what the fuck's up with my PC since the new SSD didn't fix the problem.

Fingers crossed my mobo isn't fucked!

The master race has a genetic flaw after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom