• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnia

Speaking of movies, the new Purge looks great. That advertisement campaign is spot on for election season.

4 the first showing and 6 regular price. I don't complain really plus this town doesn't appeal much to the teenagers and the old people dont seem to go much to the movies and adults just seem to go to the moves around 7ish pm and 9ish pm ones.

Ah see regular price here is like $13 so $4.99 is a steal.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I see all of my movies at the base theater, because they are only $5 and concession prices are reasonable. It limits me being able to go out with friends though :(

Jobbs

Banned
There's a little movie theater that I go to that's in a run down mall and it looks depressing and terrible from the outside and even in the lobby, but they redid the theaters and have digital projectors and decent sound so it's actually a pretty nice experience. It's hardly ever full of people.

I like to go to the movies at the easton mall, which is the big busy popular mall around here, because before and after the movie I can leer at people. it's also close to where I live

Misha

Banned
There's a little movie theater that I go to that's in a run down mall and it looks depressing and terrible from the outside and even in the lobby, but they redid the theaters and have digital projectors and decent sound so it's actually a pretty nice experience. It's hardly ever full of people.

pretty much describes my local theater. theres rarely more than 10 other people in the room (though deadpool had like 30 and most were kids)

Somnia

Just want to say, thanks for being such an awesome community! Wish I had known about this place a long time ago. Been on GAF since like the beginning of time, but never knew about this community thread.

Halcyon

I like to go to the movies at the easton mall, which is the big busy popular mall around here, because before and after the movie I can leer at people. it's also close to where I live

That theater looks awesome. I'm coming over the stay the weekend.

Here's mine:

store-front-pictures-083.jpg

and if you want to take a tour outside here's the streetview.
I don't know if this works

Jobbs

Banned

remember... blood must not have blood

your words

it's not bad. I hardly ever have the guts to go alone though. I actually can't remember the last time I Did it, but I feel like I have done it

Here's mine:

store-front-pictures-083.jpg

and if you want to take a tour outside here's the streetview.
I don't know if this works

it's a 3d photograph of sadness

Halcyon

ugh setting up budgets and dealing with money sucksssssssssss

fuck adulthood

If it makes you feel any better I haven't bought myself anything for months because I'm putting it all into savings when my wife has our baby and can't work for a month so I can cover all of our bills and a baby.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Or deal with college loans, and I'm potentially a med student. Bring on bad credit. :(

If I do get into med school, I have no idea how I can afford it. Loans and grants I guess.

FloatOn

I'm gonna watch the shit out of Dark Souls 3.

@Float it's no big thing when you get to your 30's. Women REALLY lower their standards :p

1) your first sentence is gross

2) regarding your second sentence. I'm going to be 33 at the end of the month. I dated a girl right after the divorce and it didn't really go so well. Because of that, I spent this past year just trying to be a better human and not focus so much on romantic entanglements. my kidneys failing two months after that breakup also was a pretty big set back. I've turned things around but I guess I still have a ways to go. if all goes as planned I should be asking that girl at the music festival out tomorrow. pray 4 me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm really thankful I don't have any debts. I'm depressive as it is and having debts I don't know how I would be taking that stuff.

You could be unemployed and broke and not deal with money!

heh i just stopped being that so

If it makes you feel any better I haven't bought myself anything for months because I'm putting it all into savings when my wife has our baby and can't work for a month so I can cover all of our bills and a baby.

yeesh. good luck. I can't even begin to imagine having a baby at this stage in my life.

Yes it does, I'm focusing on paying off old debt right now and most of my money goes that way. I made some stupid decisions when I was younger and fixing it now.

I'm tied up with 750 a month total for student loans :\

I know that's long term stuff but it's still depressing. Trying to budget for double that so I can pay it off quicker.

FloatOn

I'm really thankful I don't have any debts. I'm depressive as it is and having debts I don't know how I would be taking that stuff.

I'm pretty close to paying off my credit card debt. After that, all I'll have is my mortgage and student loans totaling less than 150k

I'm considering purchasing a new vehicle this year so that may bump that total debt up to 170k or so... could be worse

she's attractive.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Buy a new car before the easy credit crunch. Auto loans are high on the list for the next recession.

Ford Fiesta is a good buy.

Halcyon

I will think of your penis with hope in my eyes Float

Thats really confusing

cranberryMall.jpg

I believe that's the Cranberry Twp closer to Pittsburgh.

I'm used to my shitty Erie mall being super busy and full of a wide range of people on a weekend.

You go to this mall on a Saturday evening and it's like a few groups of fat middle aged white folk and some annoying kids. There's a place that makes a pretty great hot sub though.

Misha

Banned
She's cute.

very much so, yes.

I believe that's the Cranberry Twp closer to Pittsburgh.

I'm used to my shitty Erie mall being super busy and full of a wide range of people on a weekend.

You go to this mall on a Saturday evening and it's like a few groups of fat middle aged white folk and some annoying kids. There's a place that makes a pretty great hot sub though.

yeah thats where it is. its just weird that theres two different cranberry malls within an hour and a half from eachother

Misha

Banned
please don't correct me in front of everyone

wikipedia said:
In 2003, Rudd married Julie Yaeger[43] and the couple have two children:[44] a son, Jack Sullivan (b. 2006), and a daughter, Darby (b. 2010). He is a fan of MLB's Kansas City Royals and of the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs, for whom he narrated the 2007 season of HBO's Hard Knocks.[45]
:V

Vazra

I'm pretty close to paying off my credit card debt. After that, all I'll have is my mortgage and student loans totaling less than 150k

I'm considering purchasing a new vehicle this year so that may bump that total debt up to 170k or so... could be worse

When I got my laptop ( 2.7k) in 2013 basically as I was close to paying it I got laid off and my last paycheck went into paying the remaining amount of the laptop and my trip to NY was cancelled due to that. Kinda sad I didn't go to NY but definitely more happy I don't have to deal with debts. I hope I get a decent job to save up and move somewhere in the US with better opportunities than here. Taxes here are terrible -_-

Kevyt

My parents pay for college and I live with my father so I don't have any bills or expenses to pay.

I also have a job, and sometimes I don't know what to do with my money so I mindlessly buy things I don't need.

I've never had to worry about money, well except a few years ago but that was a while ago.

tumblr_nyc8l4yUm71qgnlrfo6_400.gif

FloatOn

When I got my laptop ( 2.7k) in 2013 basically as I was close to paying it I got laid off and my last paycheck went into paying the remaining amount of the laptop and my trip to NY was cancelled due to that. Kinda sad I didn't go to NY but definitely more happy I don't have to deal with debts. I hope I get a decent job to save up and move somewhere in the US with better opportunities than here. Taxes here are terrible -_-

dude move to florida

no state tax

Vazra

dude move to florida

no state tax
I got a sister there and an uncle too so that is one of the options.
I have terrible credit due to being in a suicidal depressive funk for a few years. I don't recommend it.
Security Job lasted a year and Kmart was just temp. The unemployed time between those and after used to depress me but looking at the bigger picture it seems the issue is more on this place than me. Lots of places closing down or cutting staff down -_-
would rather pay taxes here than live in Florida
LOL

Somnia

What a day at work, had to walk away from some guy here at work because we started to get into an argument, thankfully he's just some part time guy who won't be here long.

He mentioned how the whole LGBTQ DESERVE BETTER was trending on twitter last night and how they are all a bunch of whiners about a TV show. So I tried to talk to him reasonably and then it went into how Don't Ask Don't Tell was something that shouldn't have ever left and then he said Trump will save this country... I quickly left before I got fired.

God bless red states.

Blue states have higher tax rates.

Yeah, red states are in great shape.

What a day at work, had to walk away from some guy here at work because we started to get into an argument, thankfully he's just some part time guy who won't be here long.

He mentioned how the whole LGBTQ DESERVE BETTER was trending on twitter last night and how they are all a bunch of whiners about a TV show. So I tried to talk to him reasonably and then it went into how Don't Ask Don't Tell was something that shouldn't have ever left and then he said Trump will save this country... I quickly left before I got fired.

The lord is testing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom