• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

iKToj2UjolwJf.PNG
They're coming.

e_i

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1

Good thing the show is awesome, because the OP and ED SUCK. Trying to give me a seizure, Kyoani? I expect better OPs and EDs from you.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 01
Man, the way you guys complained about this I thought it would be dreadful or something. Turns out it's right up my alley or something because I'm pretty into stuff like this. This show carries itself well with a unique tone and sense of style, and I value a good voice more than pretty much anything. Good sense of humor, quick pace that doesn't dwell, and characters that carry a scene well. Show is pretty good about introducing one element at a time in a way that brings attention to each. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Oh yeah, and the OP and ED are less offensive in context.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 1
tumblr_mbcdm8RlAo1rrw9hco1_500.gif

Yuuta is alright, I wish he would embrace his Dark Flame Master identity more as it would enable this anime to go beyond its boring roots and actually be enjoyable. For his non identity I am interested in how he form new bonds and friendships, since his cool move in his previous school had him as an outcast, though who in the world would stay away from someone that cool to other such amazing lines and even have the outfit for it too, and a sword? Anyway he and Isshiki needs more screen time, both are great interactions and he seems like one to add and help enhance Yuuta's personality and expressions

All the girls are awful, main character Rikka is super annoying and definitely close to the bottom of the barrel this year. She has no redeeming features or values and I hope she somehow gets way diminished screentime. All in the OP and ED just seemed standard anime fare.

OP was actually alright, I think there is some sort of weird appeal with the way it alternates the left and right like that and the song isnt bad. ED is atrocious.

Uchip

Banned
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 01

Man, the way you guys complained about this I thought it would be dreadful or something. Turns out it's right up my alley or something because I'm pretty into stuff like this. This show carries itself well with a unique tone and sense of style, and I value a good voice more than pretty much anything. Good sense of humor, quick pace that doesn't dwell, and characters that carry a scene well. Show is pretty good about introducing one element at a time in a way that brings attention to each. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Oh yeah, and the OP and ED are less offensive in context.

is that lulu?

wonzo

Banned
HidaSketch x365 13 END

I nice, relaxing end to an incredibly nice, relaxing series. I certainly enjoyed this one more than the first season and hopefully the third and upcoming fourth one keep up this trend.

All the girls are awful, main character Rikka is super annoying and definitely close to the bottom of the barrel this year. She has no redeeming features or values and I hope she somehow gets way diminished screentime.

I have really bad news for you.

She is not the only or even the worst chuunibyou girl

7Th

What happened to
The End
is proof that Kyoda and Aikawa are just making up shit as they go along.

yami4ct

I don't think the writer even knows what Truth is

If you asked me last week, I would have told you the writers at least knew what they were doing with him. As of this week, even that's up in the air.

What happened to
The End
is proof that Kyoda and Aikawa are just making up shit as they go along.

What has happened to it? If there was any mention or showing of it, it was so god dang obscure that I missed it.

Hayate no Gotoku: Can't Take my Eyes off You 1

So it's basically just a filler arc? Not so sure how I feel about that...

I will say it is sporadically wacky enough to keep me watching. Alone Nagi is hilarious. Seems Ruka could also be playing a role, which is neat. I really REALLY hope Fumi shows up. Would be awesome.

yami4ct

I thought it was clear that
truth is a secret and has to work with ao to defeat the true villain, the scubs

They retold his origin for the third time this week talking about how he now is
a secret infected by scub coral
Honestly, that little detail doesn't make things any better. It just makes it clear that they just keep adding as they go on. Also, like I said, if the
subs
are the real villain, they've done a terrible job showing it. Truth is actively hostile. The
scubs
have done almost nothing.

yami4ct

It
got destroyed without ceremony when Truth awakened the Archetype thing.

Was that thing really
the end
? If so, fuck that. My interpretation of that moment was that was
that was Truth as The End, in his true form.
. I would have thought that would be a cool twist, but that's clear that isn't the case at this point. Unless the writers just retcon everything again.

Stoof

So I sat down and powered through 10 episodes of Madoka today and I must say, why is this show so goooood. It was not what I was expecting at all, and I'm pleased to be wrong. The animation is nice, the story is dark, the characters are great
and widefaced
, it just all goes together so well. Though it's really surprising that
Madoka is still not a magical girl 10 episodes in.
Well, time to finish the last two episodes and get that hollow feeling after finishing a good anime. :(

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Thanks for lowering my expectations, brothers. This seems to be a well-animated (duh) show about people struggling to leave their childhood behind and trying to avoid bullying populated by KyoAni moeblobs. Some will hate, some will love. With that said, I laughed on two or three occasions, and that's usually enough for me to keep watching. So keep watching I shall.

Yeah, that was fun. And also a little bit...

Don't say it, Brazil.

cajunator

Banned
So I sat down and powered through 10 episodes of Madoka today and I must say, why is this show so goooood. It was not what I was expecting at all, and I'm pleased to be wrong. The animation is nice, the story is dark, the characters are great
and widefaced
, it just all goes together so well. Though it's really surprising that
Madoka is still not a magical girl 10 episodes in.
Well, time to finish the last two episodes and get that hollow feeling after finishing a good anime. :(

Madoka is amazing.
Try to imagine Gaf's situation.
After episode ten the show went on a month long hiatus!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Was that thing really
the end
? If so, fuck that. My interpretation of that moment was that was
that was Truth as The End, in his true form.
. I would have thought that would be a cool twist, but that's clear that isn't the case at this point. Unless the writers just retcon everything again.

Yup. They alluded to it fairly early on only to be dismissed just as quickly. Pretty bullshit.

jman2050

Madoka is amazing.
Try to imagine Gaf's situation.
After episode ten the show went on a month long hiatus!

In hindsight that was a glorious period (the earthquake sucked, not trying to downplay that) but at the time the long wait to see when the final episodes would air or even if they would air AT ALL was crazy.

cajunator

Banned
Oh god that would be awful, talk about a cliff hanger. Madoka has been an excellent marathon show, so I couldn't imagine the waiting.

I know.
I watched it once episode by episode as it aired, then marathoned it 4 more times.
Its on of my all time favorites.
Every single thing about it enthralled me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom