• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Finally caught up to you guys...but now I need to go to work. =_____=
I view AnimeGAF at work and still never catch up. It's an endless backlog.
I don't get this new Hayate the Combat Butler show at all.

There's nothing there for anyone who isn't already a fan of the franchise. For those who are, this isn't a particularly funny take on it - most of the gags are thinly spread, incredibly laboured and come across really flat, but they don't really provide enough of anything else to counterbalance the lack of humour. Honestly, it bored me - and I like Hayate as a franchise!

They try a few cute things structurally that may or may not prove interesting by the shows conclusion, but I'm not really sure I'm going to have the patience to see how it pans out.
Very disappointing. Sounds like Live Action Hayate is leagues above this.
Things to do in the next 24 hours.

- Browse forums.

- Continue reading GTO.

- Sleep

- Unimportant stuff like going to work tomorrow and making money.

-Settling down tomorrow evening and watch the return of Kintama. I'm looking forward to seeing Kintoki and the gang again. Been far too long since I've had my Kintama fix.

YES @ the bolded.

yami4ct

we all have bones to pick

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Cat.jpg

Is this the SAO of the season?

I mean this literally has no reason to exist. It's a comedy short based on a guro manga. It's like having a Clockwork Orange cartoon on Nickelodeon.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 1

Seizure-inducing OP and shitty K-on art aside, this wasn't terrible. That being said, I probably won't keep up with it unless there's a guarantee of more delusions. That was really the only reason I was interested in the first place.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But the manga is like 6 years old.
Never too late to bring it back?

Not at all. It's a clean comedy adaptation (perhaps that's not an appropriate word?) of a guro manga which manages to exclude both of the elements that were ostensibly appealing about the original: the striking (if borrowed) artstyle and the cheap shock value of seeing someone
snapped in half backwards
, or what have you.

So yeah, who the fuck knows why it exists really.
Huh, so they even took out all the guro? I suppose it is pointless. lol

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Chu2byo

All my worst fears for this show have been realized.

This is the worst anime Kyoani has ever made
that I've seen.
. It surpasses even Haruhi. There is nothing positive to be found in it, since even the production is below average for Kyoani.

The male main character manages to be worse than both Oreki and Kyon, truly a difficult feat.

DTL's description of the girl is spot on, so I have nothing more to add there.

I guess if I were to sum this up in one word, it would be "repulsive".

Ginga e Kickoff 19-21
tumblr_maqky1tre11r40x2ao2_500.jpg

Aoto Gonzales Takuma got the coolest music in ep 19, and then his backstory with Tagi was really good. and then 21 with
Kota enduring that pain, that hurt a whole lot just looking at it and seeing him sweating so much when he came back in
was so good. One of my favorite multi part matches for this anime. The soundtrack is really good too. Cant wait for 22.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ginga e Kickoff 19-21
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maqky1tre11r40x2ao2_500.jpg

Aoto Gonzales Takuma got the coolest music in ep 19, and then his backstory with Tagi was really good. and then 21 with
Kota enduring that pain, that hurt a whole lot just looking at it and seeing him sweating so much when he came back in
was so good. One of my favorite multi part matches for this anime. The soundtrack is really good too. Cant wait for 22.
Huh, did they finally get the last member?

Given the lack of Kobayashi elsewhere, I feel like I should probably catch up with this one.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is this SAO of the season? BUWHAHAHAHA. There's nothing that will ever replicate SAO for AnimeGAF. Nothing.

jman2050

Crazy Girl Anime 1

I have mixed feelings about this. There were a few genuinely funny moments and the idea and premise behind the series is a good one that I can relate to. On the other hand, the main character is abhorrent and Rikka, while an interesting character, is played in surprisingly muted fashion and didn't really do anything. She was just sort of there as a focal point for the MC to complain over. I don't hate her though, and her shenanigans are cute. I'm okay with that for now.

Basically, I'm not sure if I liked it or not, and will need to watch a few more episodes to form an opinion.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
From the New World 1

So far I like the premise and music of the show, they did a good job telling the background story in mixture of flashback, remaining technology, and school classes. Nothing really happened in the first episode, but the very end made it seems like they are rushing straight to the highlight in the episode 2. I will keep watching for a few episode.

kayos90

Crazy Girl Anime 1

I have mixed feelings about this. There were a few genuinely funny moments and the idea and premise behind the series is a good one that I can relate to. On the other hand, the main character is abhorrent and Rikka, while an interesting character, is played in surprisingly muted fashion and didn't really do anything. She was just sort of there as a focal point for the MC to complain over. I don't hate her though, and her shenanigans are cute. I'm okay with that for now.

Basically, I'm not sure if I liked it or not, and will need to watch a few more episodes to form an opinion.

What about Yuuta did you not like?

jman2050

What about Yuuta did you not like?

Obviously things are subject to change cause, you know, first episode and all, but he manages to be a completely unremarkable straight man who's also kind of an asshole. Literally every line of his dialogue is some variant of either "oh god I was such a spaz I need to be teh normalz!" or "oh god she's such a spaz let me be a jerk about it." And for a company that usually excels in having their characters emote naturally and convincingly, they made Yuuta surprising flat and one-note.

kayos90

Obviously things are subject to change cause, you know, first episode and all, but he manages to be a completely unremarkable straight man who's also kind of an asshole. Literally every line of his dialogue is some variant of either "oh god I was such a spaz I need to be teh normalz!" or "oh god she's such a spaz let me be a jerk about it." And for a company that usually excels in having their characters emote naturally and convincingly, they made Yuuta surprising flat and one-note.

I don't find his reaction to be that absurd at all. I mean... he's been living in his imaginary world and looking back it's embarassing. I mean... some of the shit I did when I was younger embarrasses me. I don't think it's unnatural. Then again, maybe that in general doesn't appeal to you.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't find his reaction to be that absurd at all. I mean... he's been living in his imaginary world and looking back it's embarassing. I mean... some of the shit I did when I was younger embarrasses me. I don't think it's unnatural. Then again, maybe that in general doesn't appeal to you.
Agreed. Crazy girl does some crazy embarrassing stuff in the middle of class.

Monochrome Factor 2
tumblr_mbcpghNK4x1qbxqfpo1_500.png

So close, starting to really like the Akira x Shirogane especially when it catches Akira off guard, but if he wouldnt push him away, though when he was pulling it out of him, great scene.

I wish he would have kept the requirment to have him around him all the time instead of the doppleganger :(

Really good anime.

Dresden

I knew you'd come around on keion eventually.

Instro

Crazy Girl Anime 1

Come now, we know where you stand on Kyoani shows!

The Mamoru Miyano Show Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life 01

I do wonder if parodying One Piece will boost ratings.

Slightly amusing, but with that voice and only being three minutes mean I'm willing to keep watching.

Instro

You act like I don't want these shows to be good.

Besides, Hyouka was decent enough, that's more than I can say for all their other post-Haruhi stuff.

Hey wait a minute, weren't you lamenting the fact that you couldn't troll Hyouka last season? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom