• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Well now we'll stop again since you noticed.

Assuna sux. Klein x Kirtio forever.

After the latest episode, it's sealed in stone now.

Htf1H.jpg

Solune

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1

Was great. I was going in as Shoujolune expecting typical antics and get my kicks but Haru and Shizuku's interactions are great and didn't expect them to polarize as much as they did. Looking forward to watching more.

yami4ct

We are kind of a refuge for people who just can't seem to fit in anywhere else in the online anime community, though as people like cajun and Chet have proven, you can have totally orthodox interests and flourish perfectly here. Name any anime and you're almost certain to find someone here who enjoyed it, or has at least seen it.

We have all types. People like me with more old school taste( action shows, good drama and comedies) to others with an adoration of the romance shows. We serve all kinds.

AutumnAve

One show I think you're guaranteed to like this season is Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, which is from the same studio as K-On, Haruhi, and Hyouka.

Besides that, even though it's a few seasons old, I'd recommend Working!! and its followup, which are good comedies about people working in a restaurant.

Thank you!

Thoraxes

The other characters didn't have focus long enough. I don't even know their basic archetypes! :(
Just what I garnered from the first episde.

Red is rowdy rough, and tough, who is the most feminine, but acts gruff. Will beat the shit out of you if you fought her (c'mon, she has an eye patch).
Silver is the perfect waifu, good at housework, cooking, cleaning, and cares about taking care of her man. She's also diligent in her studies, and is always organized.
Yellow has trouble expressing her feelings using body language, but deep down she has a dominating personality that soars to the top when you actually talk to her. Most likely to shank you if you cheated on her.

Imouto sucks.

OceanBlue

Red is rowdy rough, and tough, who is the most feminine, but acts gruff. Will beat the shit out of you if you fought her (c'mon, she has an eye patch)
Silver is the perfect waifu, good at housework, cooking, cleaning, and cares about taking care of her man. She's also diligent in her studies, and is always organized.
Yellow has trouble expressing her feelings using body language, but deep down she has a dominating personality that soars to the top when you actually talk to her. Most likely to shank you if you cheated on her.

Imouto sucks.

That's not true! The imouto is cute. She plays the brocon thing straight a bit too much, but I'm sure she'll get more scenes that will round out her character.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The other characters didn't have focus long enough. I don't even know their basic archetypes! :(

Red is rowdy rough, and tough, who is the most feminine, but acts gruff. Will beat the shit out of you if you fought her (c'mon, she has an eye patch).

Imouto sucks.

Thoraxes breaking down the show already! lol

OceanBlue

Just out of curiosity, what do people here think about ef? I liked ef - a tale of memories, but I didn't finish ef - a tale of melodies for some reason.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Imouto sucks.

Oooh la la~

And no one mentioned Kannazuki no Miko for the new member? Shame on all of you!

Dresden

It's all the same, in the end. We consume milk and thus do we produce our offspring, and then, we are consumed by the earth, which produces the grass that the cows consume to produce milk.

All a part of the great cycle. A pity Kayos cannot appreciate this.

Thoraxes

It's all the same, in the end. We consume milk and thus do we produce our offspring, and then, we are consumed by the earth, which produces the grass that the cows consume to produce milk.

Obligatory.

Kayos will learn the methods of our universe in due time, I have no doubts.

6TOJq.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Now you're just trolling/making fun of me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now you're just trolling/making fun of me.

We're going to strand you on an island and unless you can discover the deeper meaning in Dresden's words after a month, he won't take you on as his apprentice. Be wise in coming to a revelation.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
We're going to strand you on an island and unless you can discover the deeper meaning in Dresden's words after a month, he won't take you on as his apprentice. Be wise in coming to a revelation.

But I thought I was duckroll's apprentice. Well shit....

Joule

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 1:
dYVtD.jpg

Good job show.
Like others have said, it like they covered a lot of ground in just one episode but didn't feel rushed at all. What a compelling feeling. The colour design really does look something like Tsuritama (which I just marathoned the other day) which is a great look. It's so colourful and nice to look at. With these colours even the more mundane settings look good. There's certainly a lot of visual competence here in the design and the direction. The music is fitting too. The Tomatsu OP and the ED are fun to listen to as well.

The chemistry Haru and Shizuku have is what really sold this for me. They work well together (even when they fight it matches up well). I don't find myself disliking Haru like some others have. He's just a lonely goof (that window bail out) more than anything and I don't hate that. Shizuku though I really like. Tomatsu sells her well. I like that she just doesn't take Haru's junk. Throwing drinks back like a boss. I'm interested to see how they both grow together.

On a side note, Mi-chan has got that Harima Kenji look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom