• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
DpjvDl.jpg

Osama bin Laden is dead, and AnimeGAF is alive!
OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD, AND ANIMEGAF IS ALIVE!
OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD, AND ANIMEGAF IS ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEE

yami4ct

I love the "anime is dying" argument. It's like the "PC is dead argument". Anime isn't dying, we're just seeing a lot more of the garbage that comes out because of the internet. Pre-internet, that stuff would have just stayed in Japan for all eternity.

I love the "anime is dying" argument. It's like the "PC is dead argument". Anime isn't dying, we're just seeing a lot more of the garbage that comes out because of the internet. Pre-internet, that stuff would have just stayed in Japan for all eternity.

Stop being reasonable in this thread.

cajunator

Banned

It used to be WAY worse.
Ive seen some stuff that was Japan only and it made Eiken look tasteful.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

We see garbage because there are people that buy said garbage. Regardless at least we get something along the middle for those wish-fulfillment otakus. Sword Art Online and Accel World.

yami4ct

We see garbage because there are people that buy said garbage. Regardless at least we get something along the middle for those wish-fulfillment otakus. Sword Art Online and Accel World.

But said garbage has pretty much always existed. The west just was never exposed to it. A lot of people see the "proliferation" of it as a sign that the medium is dying.

cajunator

Banned
But said garbage has pretty much always existed. The west just was never exposed to it. A lot of people see the "proliferation" of it as a sign that the medium is dying.

Actually, a lot of stuff coming out recently has renewed my faith in the medium.

Dresden

'anime is dying' is a joke that gets tossed around a lot here. Same for 'anime is saved' or 'I read the OP'.

Narag

Anime did die with Ten Tokyo Warriors. This is its second life.

Emitan

Well, I would say you should buy the set from RightStuf... but alternatively, I would say that you need at least the second OVA to have the complete experience since it provides a real ending to the series.

Do they have it on Blu-Ray? I can only find DVD

yami4ct

"Why'd you do it?"
"I wanted a world where I could have a flying castle."

"Couldn't you of done that without killing 4,000 people?"

".... Shit."

We are lead to believe the dude pretty much made/programmed the whole game himself. If that doesn't push someone to commit mass murder, I don't know what would.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
"Why'd you do it?"

"I wanted a world where I could have a flying castle."

"Couldn't you of done that without killing 4,000 people?"

".... Shit."

I think the reason was that he wanted to create a new reality. A world he envisioned that very much acted like the real world. The ability where people can't respawn infinitely but only have one chance at life.

chaged into immortal object

I saw that. A clear oversight.

SAO 14

So... author got bored of writing this?

but he wrote like 10 more novels right?

I'm.... wait what just happened?

Should i read the ln? I feel like i missed something :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom