• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
SAO 14

So... author got bored of writing this?

but he wrote like 10 more novels right?

I'm.... wait what just happened?

Should i read the ln? I feel like i missed something :X

Read vol 1 of the LN? Sure. It's more fleshed out because it has monologues and more detailed explanations. As for the next sections, yeah. i think Fairy Dance and Phantom Bullet are much better than Aincrad.

Just got out of Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning. Better than I expected. Keep in mind I really liked the series despite the writing falling off toward the end.

Will post a bit more in terms of details when I'm not typing on my iPhone. Lol.

Sword Art Online 14

iJqwEX0iABswi.gif

There's so very much I could complain about, rage over, and ridicule, but...no. Not this time. Even when the dialogue was awful and the animation was shit, it felt good, GAF. It was satisfying.

My only regret is that
the scene above the crumbling ruins of Aincrad wasn't the end of the story forever
. It would have been perfect.

yami4ct

Just got out of Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning. Better than I expected. Keep in mind I really liked the series despite the writing falling off toward the end.

Will post a bit more in terms of details when I'm not typing on my iPhone. Lol.

So jealous. I don't care about it being mostly a rehash. T&B is one of my favorite recent shows. I'd kill to see it in theaters. Here's hoping it eventually get's a wider US release, though I don't expect it.

Narag

Sword Art Online 14

iJqwEX0iABswi.gif

There's so very much I could complain about, rage over, and ridicule, but...no. Not this time. Even when the dialogue was awful and the animation was shit, it felt good, GAF. It was satisfying.

My only regret is that
the scene above the crumbling ruins of Aincrad wasn't the end of the story forever
. It would have been perfect.

Only if Kirito and Asuna had died too :'(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do they have it on Blu-Ray? I can only find DVD
No, they only licensed the DVDs here. :(

Just watched Smile PreCure! Episode 19

So good. :eek:
So :firehawk.
---

Space Bros 27

Because of wonzo, now I can't ignore derp faces. Thanks bro. :(
ivrZll.jpg

Also, since I finally decided to watch the OP, I noticed this:
2Ngghl.jpg

I guess Does is more than just a Gintama insert song band. lol
The OP sounds so much more mellow than their more up-tempo Gintama "action" songs though.

As for the episode itself... well, when you need to spend a minute explaining the back story, you kind of have a problem. But I guess you just have to accept that with this adaptation, since the individual episodes don't really have arcs to them in any tradition sense.

Li Kao

Mmh, there are so many anime I would like to watch after all these years that I have absolutely no clue about what to choose. In fact I'm beginning to ask myself if I saddly don't prefer reading about them and browsing Gaf than watching. That would be sad.

The initial plan for this season was Robotic;Notes, Jojo and Eyepatch-girl first, but there are so many... and older shows like Baccano and Durarara are really tempting me too (even if the little part of it I saw made me quite uneasy / shat some brick (;_; )

There is K-on too, oh and Eden of the east... and hyouka... and space brothers... Oh God, I'm fucked. Let's browse NeoGaf instead.

yami4ct

Mmh, there are so many anime I would like to watch after all these years that I have absolutely no clue about what to choose. In fact I'm beginning to ask myself if I saddly don't prefer reading about them and browsing Gaf than watching. That would be sad.

The initial plan for this season was Robotic;Notes, Jojo and Eyepatch-girl first, but there are so many... and older shows like Baccano and Durarara are really tempting me too (even if the little part of it I saw made me quite uneasy / shat some brick (;_; )

There is K-on too, oh and Eden of the east... and hyouka... and space brothers... Oh God, I'm fucked. Let's browse NeoGaf instead.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I really don't like DRRR or Eden of the East. I found DRRR boring with terrible dialogue and Eden of the East was dragged down with ham fisted political messages. Of that list, Space Bros and JoJo are shows I've seen and can really recommend.

Emitan

Watch K-On! (and join our community thread) and watch Chuunibyou!

Don't need to rush it. You can say that about every single medium. Just find what looks interesting to you and watch it.

It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. You've seen most of the worst the series offers. 13 is actually pretty good and 14 isn't really that awful. 12 is sort of terrible, though.
cajun is rather strongly averse to Kirito, Asuna, and their relationship. I'm not sure he'd be able to handle these last two episodes.

Soma

Naturally.
And I don't mean that in a "I hate these characters and want them to die" way. I just think it would have been a really great ending and balanced out some of the Gary Stuism

Y'know.

I would've enjoyed that ending a lot and probably would've made me like the show more in retrospect.

Oh well.

Hyouka is easily my favorite from that list. I've unfortunately fallen really behind on Space Bros but I hear it's still good.

JoJo and Chuunibyo had some solid first episodes too.

Code:Breaker 1

How well received is the manga for this? I couldn't stand the characters in this, the main duo just comes off as perfect inserts and everyone just acts so obnoxious. The overwrought dialogue is pretty humorous though. DTL will probably like this show. And if anyone didn't get enough dog kicking from Jojo, there's a bunch of that too.

cajunator

Banned
Mmh, there are so many anime I would like to watch after all these years that I have absolutely no clue about what to choose. In fact I'm beginning to ask myself if I saddly don't prefer reading about them and browsing Gaf than watching.
The initial plan for this season was Robotic;Notes, Jojo and Eyepatch-girl first, but there are so many... and older shows like Baccano and Durarara are really tempting me too (even if the little part of it I saw ma There is K-on too, oh and Eden of the east... and hyouka... and space brothers... Oh God, I'm fucked. Let's browse NeoGaf instead.

Now you can understand how I feel.
I am constantly behind because i work an 84 hour work week.
No time to marathon anything until the week after.
I am so behind on everything.

Dresden

Code:Breaker 1

How well received is the manga for this? I couldn't stand the characters in this, the main duo just comes off as perfect inserts and everyone just acts so obnoxious. The overwrought dialogue is pretty humorous though. DTL will probably like this show. And if anyone didn't get enough dog kicking from Jojo, there's a bunch of that too.

It's douche:breaker for a reason.

Or as cosmic put it:

cosmicblizzard: Hey, I got an idea. Let's make a series that's like a combination of Death Note and shounen fighting stuff, but instead of portraying the main character as an unsympathetic bastard that drives the point home he's a villain, we'll completely miss the point and make him seem like an alright redeemable guy despite doing shit that's nine times as evil. I BET EVERYONE WILL LOVE THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom