• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Shinsekai yori - 02

Ugh. What a painfully dull and boring episode. I understand the concept of world building but it could have at least been done in an interesting and enjoyable way. The first half of the episode was just atrocious. May they never revisit this theme ever again.

Especially frustrating because the last 5 minutes or so managed to be much more effective than the first 15 at doing the same exact thing but this was actually enjoyable to watch.

cajunator

Banned
Asuna x Kirito are one if the worst ships to arise this year. Her awful personality, weakness, lack of humor, incompetence, and design is all lacking. I havent encountered a ship this bad since Naruto x sakura, Ichigo x Orihime, Aizen x Orihine, and Luffy x Nami, Natsu x Lucy.

Its not a "ship" but you're right.
Its a hilariously bad relationship. Even if the two are just dumb kids its completely stupid.
But regardless, its not a "ship".

Steroyd

Asuna x Kirito are one if the worst ships to arise this year. Her awful personality, weakness, lack of humor, incompetence, and design is all lacking. I havent encountered a ship this bad since Naruto x sakura, Ichigo x Orihime, Aizen x Orihine, and Luffy x Nami, Natsu x Lucy.

Why not just say you hate guys with girls.

Plus Asuna is one of the more competant women in anime, which is pretty damning to the level of stupid women are usually portrayed in anime.

I really cant wait to get the series on dvd (no way its coming to bluray) and revisiting it.
I guess the joke eventually gets old but before it does it is incredibly hilarious.
How such a mild mannered kid becomes the raging asshole frontman of a death metal band.
Its amazing stuff.

They have the live action in bluray. :(

Jex

Plus Asuna is one of the more competant women in anime, which is pretty damning to the level of stupid women are usually portrayed in anime.

Don't you make me make a list for you to show you that you're wrong! Heck, I might even need to make an argument too.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online 14

This was indeed stupid as fuck and pretty rushed, but not quite as awful as people were saying. It was totally nonsensical though. No emotion or care for any of these characters, and I think thats SAO's main flaw. I just ultimately didn't give a shit about any of it or the fate of any of them. Even the ones I liked like Lisbest and Silica. Everybody was just "there" with no real purpose or emotional weight to ground them in the story. Unless the show goes in some wildly different direction from here on, its very hard to care about this world in the anime.

Grzi

Whoa, let's not go there.

Even the same author made a female character more competent than her (Kuroyukihime from Accel World) not to mention like a million other shows.

Uchip

Banned
Don't you make me make a list for you to show you that you're wrong! Heck, I might even need to make an argument too.

Asuna is somewhere in the middle imo
not obnoxious but also really boring
similar to kirito actually :|

I think the worst part of Sword Arts ending is
the justification for being a mass murderer being something about the creators floating castle fantasy, and they dont even question it. the show just wants you to accept that its all good.

Westlo

He just wants to ship Kirito with Kirito, make it happen Kawahara!

Yeah doesn't really deserve that much hate lol... wonder how next arc will get received lol...

Asuna is somewhere in the middle imo
not obnoxious but also really boring
similar to kirito actually :|

Yeah, good match than lol.

Anyway next SAO season (next year hopefully), #Team
Sniper
, let's go!

cajunator

Banned
Whoa, let's not go there.

Even the same author made a female character more competent than her (Kuroyukihime from Accel World) not to mention like a million other shows.

Overall, Accel World despite its many flaws felt like a more complete series. I know, it was longer, but it did more in twelve episodes than this piece of shit show could dream of.
Its hard to imagine where SAO will go from here though.

NeonZ

Asuna is competent on paper, but she's very often written into a damsel in distress role. Overall, she doesn't end up special at all.

Uchip

Banned
actually I take it back, the worst part is that apparently
Kirito hasnt reached puberty and didnt grow a beard let alone stubble in the time he spent in there. Yet hes still clearly into girls sexually. I know its stupid but its not hard to draw :|

duckroll

Time for another bunch of Psycho-Pass pics:

SGjn6.jpg

fRSCH.jpg

sys0i.jpg

YVfUP.jpg

6UUfY.jpg

Om nom nom nom...

Defuser

Oniichan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne ep1
Goddamn, another incest(Faux?) show with a longass title? Ever since Oreimo came out we been getting nothing but poor man shitass copycat shows. Funny part is Oreimo wasn't even about the sister wanting to jump on the brother's dick.

Asuna is competent on paper, but she's very often written into a damsel in distress role. Overall, she doesn't end up special at all.
Yep she is nothing but a Sammich maker, thats all.

fertygo

Kirito hasnt reached puberty and didnt grow a beard let alone stubble in the time he spent in there. Yet hes still clearly into girls sexually. I know its stupid but its not hard to draw :|

I know the episode is fucking bad, but you're even beyond [insert] to point this.

I'm 21 and hair not ever grown in my face, good god... sometime I pity the series itself for something like this.

Time for another bunch of Psycho-Pass pics:
Om nom nom nom...

I wish they had a bigger one of the left side of the top image, really like that character.

On Asuna
Yep she is nothing but a Sammich maker, thats all.

Unfortunately that is the only thing she has excelled at, everything else major she has done has been riddled with faults
-she had to be saved by kirito on more than one occasion, weak
-she failed as his shield in the stream burst episode, easily knocked aside, little offensive aid,
-she almost died against the dude from the other guild when she let her guard down after she unparalyzed kirito

Sandwiches and then what she did in 14 was her only two moments of truly glory

Narag

I know the episode is fucking bad, but you're even beyond [insert] to point this.

I'm 21 and hair not ever grown in my face, good god... sometime I pity the series itself for something like this.

It seems obvious he was under some sort of care that included that sort of thing lest we analyze his fingernail length next.

Uchip

Banned

it would have been a nice touch though
even walking right after that should be impossible

Westlo

On Asuna

-she almost died against the dude from the other guild when she let her guard down after she unparalyzed kirito

Sandwiches and then what she did in 14 was her only two moments of truly glory

She still saved your waifu Kirito's ass in that episode while he was paralyzed

And she can cook up a mean stew.

Approximately 10% of the 14/15 year olds I teach here have facial hair. It's uncommon as far as I can tell.

Him having it would be stranger as far as I'm concerned.

Uchip

Banned
Approximately 10% of the 14/15 year olds I teach here have facial hair. It's uncommon as far as I can tell.

Him having it would be stranger as far as I'm concerned.

how old are the characters supposed to be?
regardless, having an oldboy type transformation would have had a lot more impact

DiGiKerot

Hamzou pimp-slapping Hibiki won him Newtype Mascot of the Year!

Actually, ANN half-arsed reporting on the Newtype awards a bit and only listed the winners. Full run-down on Yaraon reads something like (and someone correct me if I'm wrong - Yaraon shorthands a lot of these things...)

Show of the Year
1) Fate/Zero
2) iDOLM@STER
3) Nisemonogatari
4) TARITARI
5) Hyouka
6) Bodacious Space Pirates
7) Sword Art Online
8) Nyaruko-san
9) Kurokos Basketball
10) Penguindrum

Director
1) Atsushi Nishigori
2) Ei Aoki
3) Shinbo

Script/Scenario
1) iDOLM@STER (Huh?)
2) Fate/Zero
3) TARITARI

Character Design
1) iDOLM@STER
2) Fate/Zero
3) Hyouka

Mecha Design
1) Bodacious Space Pirates
2) Eureka Seven AO
3) Aquarion EVOL

Soundtrack
1) Fate/Zero
2) iDOLM@STER
3) TARITARI

CM
1) Fate/Zero
2) iDOLM@STER
3) "KyoAni" (Presumably one of their self-adverts?)

Theme song
1) iM@S (Ready!)
2) Fate/Zero
3) iM@S (Change!!)

Theatrical Feature
1) K-On!!
2) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The Movie Second A's (or whatever the heck the full title is)
3) Wolf Children

Game Animation
1) Tales of Xillia
2) iM@S Shiny Festa (which... isn't actually out yet)
3) Robotics;Notes

Mascot Character
1) Hamzou (iM@S)
2) Rinon (AnoNatsu)
3) Shantak-kun (Nyaruko-san)

Female Character
1) Amami Haruka (Huh?)
2) Saber (Double Huh?)
3) Chitanda Eru

Male Character
1) Rider
2) Ararararararararararagi
3) Kiritsugu

Voice Actress - Eriko Nakamura
Voice Actor - Akio Ohtsuka

Animation Studio
1) ufotable
2) A-1 Pictures
3) Kyoto Animation

Westlo

Yeah even being half asian I didn't really get facial hair until late 16/early 17....

lmao @ Newtype giving best female character and VA to Haruka/Eriko Nakamura

If anyone from Idolmaster... MikiChihaya got robbed @_@

OceanBlue

Firemind

My Little Sister Can't Be This Predictable #1

When he said "It's not excuse me" I instantly replied with "Okaeri?" I laffed.

I like how she seemed to be flat as a board when clothed, but when she took a bath, she grew a few extra cups. Pandering to multiple demographics. Brilliant.

I like this guy already.

Team Ana

Jex

The propensity of Japanese males to grow or not grow facial hair by a certain time is the least of SAO's worries.

Uchip

Banned
The propensity of Japanese males to grow or not grow facial hair by a certain time is the least of SAO's worries.

the terribleness was overhyped here
when it came down to it the only thing that really disappointed me was the appearance not being disheveled enough :)

OceanBlue

Yeah even being half asian I didn't really get facial hair until late 16/early 17....

lmao @ Newtype giving best female character and VA to Haruka/Eriko Nakamura

If anyone from Idolmaster... MikiChihaya got robbed @_@
Hopefully Eriko becomes more popular due to this. Imai Asami and Kugimiya Rie are popular enough.
READY!! Being theme of the year is something I definitely can't argue with.
Even if people don't like the subject material, I think most people can at least appreciate that the OP is technically decent as well and can understand why fans like it. At least in my opinion.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga whatever:

http://i.imgur.com/KgyCxl.jpg

It's the start of a love triangle!

But really, as much as I understand why
sports shows have to go through a losing arc, it can get kind of tiresome when it happens in every single show. I'm hoping they can capitalize on it like with some Friday Night Lights style storytelling anyway. The next episode looks potentially interesting at least.
It had become more tiresome how they won every fucking match. Momoyama Predators are too 1337 for their own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom