• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Saint Seiya Omega - Episode 27

Good episode, but not super-amazing. Luckily I already had lower expectations after the preview. This is a pretty solid conclusion to the current arc which has been pretty lackluster aside from some stronger episodes. Some characters have better backstories compared to others, and I really like the Eden/Aria one, so they saved the best for last.

My feelings about this episode are pretty similar to how I felt about the first episode of the show. It looks good, there are pretty colors, but I don't really like how obvious the direction of the episode becomes once it starts. It feels like every moment is telegraphed about 2-3 scenes before it actually happens, and I find that pretty boring. Ep3, 10, and 20 were much better imo. Ep1 and 27 are on par.

Oh, I also dislike the "bunch of characters transform into pretty rainbows and smash against a giant silhouette" type of action. It's really lame. Gimme a good fist fight any other day.

Grzi

Hunter x Hunter 50
tumblr_mbir3aVfOk1rq8fcso2_250.png

Going back to the first version of Departure! I hope that means that next week will be a different song, though I kind of like Departure, especially the Uvo image when the song says "You can smile".

This episode was quite amazing especially off of last weeks, Gon and Killua always have such a gripping moment, and this time like last I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Both Gon statements to Killua
when they were in the room and then the one when they escaped and Gon was like its his job to be stupid and Killua's to be cool and etc
were really awesome and touching. Love their bond and friendship so much and I hope we get way more time with them.

50 episodes in and I think I enjoy this way more than most of the other long running series were at for 50 episodes. Going back I think Ive only had really minor complaints that arent really important in the grand scheme of the series. After experiencing some of YYH (up to volume 5) and now HxH, this writer for this series is really talented and consistently delivers much of what I want. Id definitely put him in my top three writers for manga, and is possibly starting to rival and dethrone Fairy Tail as my favorite longish shounen series.

Holy shit is this really happening?

Oh yeah, forgot to post these.

Took some snaps of Tiger & Bunny merchandise/random anime stuff at the theater.

I'm starting to feel like "That photo guy" at this point. XD.

Code Geass poster. Might check this out in theaters just to get the full experience before I write about it in any official capacity.

Tiger & Bunny poster.

Adorable Kotetsu.

Random T&B related magazines and manga compilations.

Lastly, the troll as hell Evangelion Q poster. They played the trailer in front of the movie and it's a trollerific as ever. PIANOS FOR EVERYBODY. I'm convinced the main character of Q is going to be a sentient piano.

/XX/

I looked up most of the main staff just now and they don't particularly seem to be tied to AIC (although to be honest I don't know of many staff members tied particularly to AIC), so I'm sure there's no big difference. Maybe they'd rather have their own animation studio producing it. Or maybe they were busy with Haganai, I guess.
So those that worked on it will only have to change of building, right? Since the production of the previous series ended, A-1 Pictures have expanded on usable space as some of their teams have changed location to the new Koenji Studio (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39218678&postcount=15100). As a result maybe they can now tackle in-house some more of those works 'prioritary' for Aniplex Inc., like this one.

Hopefully the next SAO arc delivers as the criticism of the show really got to him and I fear it's because he thinks it reflects poorly on him since he enjoys it quite a bit. I certainly don't want to see him go but if ia temporary absence is necessary to get his stress levels in order, so be it.
I just hope you are right, Narag...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
it feel flat to complain about the lack of explanations ( that are the result of the impossibility to adapt everything ) when the same problems were in the previous episodes.
I did say I wouldn't mind even a crappy explanation, but the whole
coming back from the dead
was a bit much seeing as we had seen many others go through the same thing. At least the
paralysis was a one off so I can kind of buy it
. Please remember most of my nitpicks are extreme. I actually find it funny some take offence to the idea that I'd actually interested in the show enough to want to know more.

The answer to how they defeated the boss is obvious .. it was given in ep13 ..
Fishing?

I think the main problem was that episode 13 was actually rather enjoyable so the averageness of 14 stung a bit more, especially for a "grand finale". If it came off of 11 and 12 I may have seen the episode in a more favourable light.

NomarTyme

Man did I have wild thoughts about what JoJo Bizarre Adventures was gonna be like.... completely opposite lol. Decent episode will continue to watch.

I did say I wouldn't mind even a crappy explanation, but the whole
coming back from the dead
was a bit much seeing as we had seen many others go through the same thing. At least the
paralysis was a one off so I can kind of buy it
. Please remember most of my nitpicks are extreme. I actually find it funny some take offence to the idea that I'd actually interested in the show enough to want to know more.
I will . but your post was a nice summary of some of the complain i've read there.

areyouserious.jpg ?
I think the main problem was that episode 13 was actually rather enjoyable so the averageness of 14 stung a bit more, especially for a "grand finale". If it came off of 11 and 12 I may have seen the episode in a more favourable light.

that's entirely the fault of the original author..it's sudden and abrupt but that's how sao was written at first ..

OceanBlue

I just love the character animation on Mr. Nishigori's works. He could even make the most uneventful slice-of-life project really shine just with his pure talent.

It seems to me that he likes those fast hair flips (when pink-haired girl raised her head) and quick cloth movements (when pink and yellow were running). I remember those in Idolm@ster 25 as well. Apparently there are a couple of key animators for the OP. I wonder who did the fire pillar!

Finally watched the first episode of From the New World. It reminds me of what I expected Higurashi to be when I watched it first. Definite undercurrents of dystopia and forced conformity. My favorite scenes were the drawing activity, as it was a brilliant way of highlighting each of their personalities, and the folk tale, as folk tales tend to pass on ideas that a culture wants to preserve and teach children. I can see why everyone was so excited for it.

cajunator

Banned
Totally agree with you. I'm 33 and a freelance business consultant and programmer. That's usually very dry, serious, and taxing (I still love what I do, though). Games and stupid anime shows are a great way to relax and keep the inner child alive, which in turn helps being more creative.

Yeah pretty much. for me its not really about creativity though, so much as it is to just relieve stress and give me something to escape to after work has kicked my ass. We have people quitting all the time. dispatching is fast paced, high pressure, and NOT for everybody. To be honest I don't know how the hell I do it. Its just something I ended up being good at.

GLorious. Cannot wait to watch this. Yandere girl is ADORABLE.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's also a long running Zelda joke dating back to aLttP and the bugnet.
It could be used instead of the Master Sword to reflect Agahnim's magic.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It's also a long running Zelda joke dating back to aLttP and the bugnet.
It could be used instead of the Master Sword to reflect Agahnim's magic.

Mind blown. o_o

Also fuck this page exploded while I was asleep. o_O

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Now people are gonna tell me they didn't know they can reflect Phantom Ganon and Ganondorf's magick balls with an empty bottle.

Code:Breaker 1
tumblr_mbj0dr5RHX1qaben4o2_500.gif

Well Code:Breaker for the second new anime this season with an abundance of cool character designs (K as the other one). So many good ones in the opening animation like him, and then a few more. I hope he's introduced next. Anyway, Ogami Rei is pretty phenomenal of a character, his power looks awesome and rivals that of Rin's from BLue Exorcist. He has such a good personality and I love his "motto" of sorts. Good display of taking out the trash. I like it. Definitely on the list for one of the best protagonists this year.

Sakurakouji was way overpowered and to lose like that is embarrassing. Fortunately Ogami Rei saved the day and looked stunning while doing it. I really like how the flames were during it.

Ah and best image from the ED, ED is really good too.
tumblr_mbj0arI0IR1qej6too2_500.png

Caesnd

I really like the Magi character designs, and Ohtaka draws some of the most hillarious facial expressions I've ever seen, so I hope they'll get those right.

Also, RyougaSaotome: please don't stop posting pictures!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
School Days 6
Though saying that one of the other girls seems to have the hots for M.C.Dick. Moral of this story is that girls love cheaters which is why I'm going to be wearing a Game Genie around my neck.

:lol

Keep going!

Maedhros

BTOOM 1

How stupid can a human being be? I mean, holy fucking shit... it exploded, it has a timer? HOW THE FUCK CAN HE NOT SEE IT'S A TIMED BOMB!? Are you retard MC?

I'm starting to understand the story... Maybe it's SAO + Battle Royale... they are all there for some shit they did. MC is an exception.

fertygo

From the New World 02

Well, I'm lying if saying this episode ain't boring.

Some point really intriguing me though, seriously their lesson always pretty suspicious.

1. The moral of story lesson is always
sacrifice yourself for village's good
2. The teacher seem don't give a shit
when the student playing trick n cheating with the rules, they just given the task n expect they complete in no matter what.. its like mindset in the real battlefield.

Yep, no doubt
these kids gonna sent to warzone.
Although that's pretty obvious.

Necrovex

One Piece 241-251

You guys weren't kidding about the quality of this arc. I am very lucky that I don't have much homework this weekend, or I would have a major moral crisis on whether to watch One Piece or finish my work.

I have unleashed too many man tears during these episodes. Time to continue to power through these episodes.

Sword Art Online 14

Despite the numerous, yet predictable, breaks in logic and the mediocre characterization, this was a pretty good episode, and a rather satisfying conclusion to the first arc. It was certainly much less offensive and rage-inducing than others were making it out to be.

The main action sequence was quite good, as it was one of the few fights in the series that consisted of some rather impressive animation. Another notable aspect was the music, which was much improved this episode, as it was a rather disappointing aspect of the show up to this point, since Kajiura's work on SAO has been far below the quality of her usual output.

All in all, SAO has been mostly entertaining, but the plethora of obvious flaws in it's writing and characterization bring it down considerably. I'm not really looking forward to the next arc, since, save for a few moments, it's pretty terrible. It certainly doesn't help that the worst character by far is introduced and involved in an unnecessarily large portion of the story.

Maedhros

Busou Shinki 1

Shitty show of the season number 2. The cutest one is
hamtaro
. :3

It's just a show made to sell dolls. Even the battles aren't that good anyway. Dropped.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Code:Breaker 01:

Before I say anything else, manga readers confirm/deny:
is Sakurakouji dead
?

Maedhros

Shinsekai Yori 2

I still don't understand most of the concepts of the show. I still don't understand what are they training... Cantus is the name of these gravitational abilities, but what's their purpose.

The mysterious tone is still there, but I hope they start to explain things already. This show is just 13 episodes, right?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just finished Gurren Lagann 18...

Okay so far it has been pretty good, but it's getting ridiculously stupid.

I knew Rossiu was going to be a dick from the very start, but his actions here don't make any sense. Simon is the only one who has been able to prevent the total destruction of humanity, so he wants to lock him up as an example just because the populace is dumber than dirt? What a fucking asshat.

And about that, the citizens being angry and irrational is even worse than in Spider-Man. You don't grow up in daily warfare only to become a little bitch in just 7 years. It also doesn't make sense how they blame Simon for everything. It was publicly broadcast that it was because the population reached 1 million, yet all they do is pay attention to the moon thing. They also blatantly ignore the fact that they were being hopelessly wiped out until Simon showed up. What's with the undying faith in the government forces that were getting swatted down like flies?

All of this is just stupid filler when you KNOW they have to reach a point where they get to a final battle with the anti-spirals. The least they could have done is have the stupid filler make sense. The writing in this part is really, really bad.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

I knew Rossiu was going to be a dick from the very start, but his actions here don't make any sense. Simon is the only one who has been able to prevent the total destruction of humanity, so he wants to lock him up as an example just because the populace is dumber than dirt? What a fucking asshat.

And about that, the citizens being angry and irrational is even worse than in Spider-Man. You don't grow up in daily warfare only to become a little bitch in just 7 years. It also doesn't make sense how they blame Simon for everything. It was publicly broadcast that it was because the population reached 1 million, yet all they do is pay attention to the moon thing. They also blatantly ignore the fact that they were being hopelessly wiped out until Simon showed up. What's with the undying faith in the government forces that were getting swatted down like flies?

All of this is just stupid filler when you KNOW they have to reach a point where they get to a final battle with the anti-spirals. The least they could have done is have the stupid filler make sense. The writing in this part is really, really bad.

The story takes a massive downturn after
the timeskip
, I think it's still worth watching, though. I personally preferred the movie adaption of the second half of TTGL more than the TV version. You may want to give it a try sometime down the road.

Rossiu is just following in the footsteps of his father.

hxh 50

ooh so good! Was surprised that the 2 weren't tagged by the string lady or something... or are they??

And really DTL? I mean sure this is better than FT... but that doesn't take much, especially for the kinda budgeted looking show (love the OST though!).

Also, only 2 out of 3 new pages were about SAO? Dunno how impressed I should be.

Before I forget:

Bleach 274

More fights that never seem to end. Entertaining I guess for the whole water vs ice but we all know that Water resists Ice. Play your Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom