• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magi 1

AUGtv.jpg

I'm a bit hazy on the opening chapters of the manga, but I could remember enough to know that there were some significant differences. For some scenes, the point still got across well and I'd say was actually handled better than the manga. On the other hand, I do think some pretty vital stuff got condensed or cut out altogether.

That being said, I liked it a lot and don't think the cut stuff will affect my enjoyment of what this adaptation is really about; the Balbadd arc. I am very excited to see how that goes.

Also, I have no problem at all with the ED.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Glad you enjoyed it! Now I'm interested to know what you think about the next canon arc (just skip Ice Hunter, it's boring filler)

I managed to survive through the Warship Island arc. I can do this, hahaha.

(I actually use One Piece filler arcs to take a break. I'm not very productive when I get home from work and spend all my free time watching the show, haha.)

Koihime Musou - 08

Finally a rep from Wu! And I can't believe they took an old man and turned him into a milf-a-licious archer. Holy shit.
This was brillant what a great idea i like this character .Also in regards to your previous koihime posts , sousou is indeed a raging lesbian in the games, this is one of the things they kept intact in the anime.

---------

Hayate no gotoku season 3 ep 1
AKA
My oujo sama can't be this troublesome & selfish 3 - 01

Very nice episode ..i'm glad they didn't reboot the franchise ( it would have been pointless )..instead they are using an original stroyline ( no need for manga ) with new characters and some manga events

This i can follow...

uQufTl.jpg

I wonder how they will use her as a sub plot given her manga background... can't wait.

In short excellent episode as it hyped me for the rest . WHAT AN ENDING SONG ...

Firemind

Damn son if you feel old from an anime in 2007, how old do I feel when I started watching Dragonball Z in the 90's. :(

I'm in the same prehistoric boat as you are. :(

How can anyone not living under a rock not have watched Dragonball Z in their lifetime?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
THAT'S Huang Zhong?

Yep! I had to do a double take myself.

This was brillant what a great idea i like this character .Also in regards to your previous koihime posts , sousou is indeed a raging lesbian in the games, this is one of the things they kept intact in the anime.

That great to hear. I would've played it already if it wasn't for the fact that that the MC was male.

Such potential, wasted. ;_;

wonzo

Banned
Magi 1

Well, that was really underwhelming outside of the nice OP, the well animated caravan scene and mor moe )---(. It felt like it had all the life and charm of the manga completely sapped out of it, even the really off-model SD stuff which works really well in the manga fell flat. Honestly, I'm sticking with this mainly to see how they're gonna handle everything up to Balbadd but I'm not really expecting great things given how poor this episode was. You're better off reading the manga instead.

fuck you yoshino and the shitty ed

remz

Pretty eager to watch the first ep of Magi when i get home from uni, I love the manga.

Interesting that most people going in cold seem to love it, whilst those that read it first are disappointed! D:

hoping the disappointment is just hyperbole

Magi 1

Meh. Can't get any more average than this.

Say "I love you" 1

Good atmosphere in the beginning, slow considered steps, nothing done meaninglessly. Characters were clearly defined and well introduced. Then they turned on the romanace and I wanted to destroy my screen. Oooh, the best looking boy in the school, and he can have anyone! (kill me now) And then he is suddenly interested in our rude, loner of a mc. WHY? WHY? WHY? Ooh, she's so special, she has NO FRIENDS. She has ZERO alluring traits, ZERO! She gets the guy merely by existing - she literally just has to breathe and he's interested in her. This Wish fulfilment nonsense sucks in SAO and it sucks here too. Make your characters show some friggin effort to get what they want instead of just having it fall in their laps.

Firemind

Say "I love you" 1

Good atmosphere in the beginning, slow considered steps, nothing done meaninglessly. Characters were clearly defined and well introduced. Then they turned on the romanace and I wanted to destroy my screen. Oooh, the best looking boy in the school, and he can have anyone! (kill me now) And then he is suddenly interested in our rude, loner of a mc. WHY? WHY? WHY? Ooh, she's so special, she has NO FRIENDS. She has ZERO alluring traits, ZERO! She gets the guy merely by existing - she literally just has to breathe and he's interested in her. This Wish fulfilment nonsense sucks in SAO and it sucks here too. Make your characters show some friggin effort to get what they want instead of just having it fall in their laps.

Don't you see? Every girl he's ever met before has been a slut.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
BTOOOM! 01:

I wasn't going to watch this but, with other shows like Ixion Saga DT and Code:Breaker exceeding my complete lack of expectations, I figured that this deserved a shot too.

I found myself fairly bored by the episode, honestly--I mean, the novelty of
people lobbing explosives at each other
wears off fairly fast even when it's supposed to be this
ultra-tense game of life and death between people being forced to live out a video game
. The jungle environment isn't distinctive, the protagonist is a dick, there was the whole
YOU MEAN THESE NUMBERS COUNTING DOWN ARE A TIMER?!
which is every bit as fucking dumb as everyone said it was, and the PV doesn't exactly inspire hope for compelling antagonists with its brief flashes of various scuzzy-looking creeps. I can't imagine how the premise can expand in ways that are actually interesting, but I''ll give it a couple of more episodes to prove itself.

Also, as a side note, much like thumb rings, CG butterflies seem to have been unleashed as a plague upon this season's anime. This shot was just awful:

There was virtually no perspective applied to the butterflies and in motion some of them just look really really huge rather than being in the foreground like they're supposed to. Blasty of Tempest's were better.

Lucky Star 7

I skipped through most episodes, seems like nothing is going on lol. Girls are very cute tough.

Working
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Joshiraku
GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Kannagi
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Yuru Yuri

I'll look into them, thanks.

Hiiro no Kakera 2 ep 2
tumblr_mbjaeppaTC1rvqd6fo2_500.jpg

Friendship conquers all even
betrayal
Didnt actually expect Ohmi would forgive Shinji and then join Logos like that. What type of plan does he have and will the old man discover it? Suspense

Necrovex

Water 7 Arc

I'm sorry that I doubted you, One Piece. I never thought you would return to the Alabasta Arc glory days after the lackluster Skypeia Arc. But, I was wrong, oh so wrong. There are too many reasons why I was wrong.

Thank you, Gaf. Thank you for convincing me to continue with One Piece. I haven't felt so emotional towards an anime in a few months.

Now, I am moving onto the Enies Lobby Arc. Which arc is considered to be the more epic of the two, Water 7 or Enies Lobby?

Water 7 Arc

I'm sorry that I doubted you, One Piece. I never thought you would return to the Alabasta Arc glory days after the lackluster Skypeia Arc. But, I was wrong, oh so wrong. There are too many reasons why I was wrong.

Thank you, Gaf. Thank you for convincing me to continue with One Piece. I haven't felt so emotional towards an anime in a few months.

Now, I am moving onto the Enies Lobby Arc. Which arc is considered to be the more epic of the two, Water 7 or Enies Lobby?

Water 7 is a setup for Enies Lobby, so the more epic one would logically be the latter.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Magi 01
The first have was just fun to watch, I really liked it. The characters are funny and everything looks really good too. Nothing about it makes the wait for the next episode seem unbearable, but it was still pretty good.

The second half/last bit where the caravan full of wine leaves the city kind of pissed me off. I guess this is the problem with shounen (although this is a blanket statement): Assholes like this guy,
never seem to die. If this was seinen, this prick would have gotten dropped into that crater and left for dead. Also, props to Alibaba and Aladdin for
just leaving the slaves there.

survivor

Banned
Does the K-On movie require any previous knowledge of the first two seasons? I'm trying to get my friend to watch the series but he only agreed to watch the movie and then the series if he likes it. I only watched the first season so I have no idea if there are any story stuff he needs to be aware of.

The second half/last bit where the caravan full of wine leaves the city kind of pissed me off. I guess this is the problem with shounen (although this is a blanket statement): Assholes like this guy,

never seem to die. If this was seinen, this prick would have gotten dropped into that crater and left for dead.

You would probably like Code:Breaker then. Everyone that deserves it dies except for the main character.

fertygo

Does the K-On movie require any previous knowledge of the first two seasons? I'm trying to get my friend to watch the series but he only agreed to watch the movie and then the series if he likes it. I only watched the first season so I have no idea if there are any story stuff he needs to be aware of.

Nope, I only watch like 7 eps of the first season and can enjoy the movie.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Water 7 Arc

Enies Lobby is mind-shatteringly amazing.

One Piece - Water 7 + Enies Lobby Arcs (220-325)
Also known as My Nakama Can't Possibly Be This Awesome

Loved your earlier reviews of One Piece arcs and was kinda wondering that when will you write about Water 7/Enies Lobby. Didn't remember that the arc was that long lol.

code breaker 1

there were no codes that required breaking o_O.

And that ending seemed kinda pointless if the girl is in the freaking OP!

So many pretty boy with magic power shows this season.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Koihime Musou - 09

wAmPw.png
feDYG.png

Sousou's servant talking about how she'll get ready for Sousou later that night. Sousou, with her top tier swag assures her officer Xiahou Dun that she won't be left out.

Later on they run into Guan Yu, and Sousou is quick to pick up where they left off.

hAaD3.png
gob9B.png

#yuriswag

Fanservice episode, and it certainly delivered. Sousou is really tempting me to give the game a shot, if only to see how far her antics go.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments Lain, and Mononoke are pretty free of sentiment. Especially Lain.

Since pizzaroll fell down on the job, watch Trapeze and Tsuritama once you're done with Mononoke, too!
Hey, those come after the "WOW THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER THANKS PIZZAROLL" posts when they finish Mononoke! I mean, who wouldn't want to watch shows from the same director afterwards? It's all part of the strategy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom