• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocolate 11

8UbHh.jpg

Ahahahahahahaha, this show.

Drama bombs.

A fake wedding for the already emotional unstable girl.

Even more kidnapping.

I thought this was about some election in a high school. I feel better now that my high school was not like this one bit.

The show was about drama since day one though. lol

You know, reading the synopsis, if the anime/VN wasn't so idiotic, it could actually be making a comment about the role of cliques in high school... so maybe there was some inspiration there, however remote. lol
Certainly chocolate is used as a political tool in the animu. lol

They hid it well under the whole election angle. :[

Jex

Hm...

Granted, none of them were particularly bad source materials but the adaptation did elevate them.

I haven't read the source material for any of these works so I cannot confirm/deny how much better they are than their sources. However, I must say that Maria Holic isn't a good show - sorry.

/XX/

Oh, speaking of staff-whoring - I guess I should ask since I do this every season. Are there any shows this season that are:

1) directed by SatoJun
2) written by Yoshida
3) starring Kobayashi (where is Ginga? Dead? :()
There is more of -oneoff- coming... you have seen already the first episode, right?

cajunator

Banned
SAO isnt popular enough to win a Gafwide vote.
It doesnt have the awareness. Gaffers might dig up slightly older shows or abstain from voting altogether. Or else choose Fate Zero.

Pooya

Oh no. More exists. More definitely exists >_>
Fate stay Night is ok to watch if youl ike Saber or Ilya because both are very cute in it. Still not worth it though because you have to witness Shirou.

dunno, if you like Saber from Fate/Zero chances are SN will ruin her for you >.> she almost feels like a different character in SN.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can assure you that Bakuman is the smartest anime since Sword Art Online.
I... uh... I...

To quote kayos: "Wait, what?"

It makes for a good hatewatch considering how dumb the last 2-3 arcs of the manga. I think you might end up loving it.
I dropped it midway through the first season. The idea of a show about making manga seems interesting. It's just that all the characters are horrible. :(

fertygo

Chocolate 11

Ahahahahahahaha, this show.

Drama bombs.

A fake wedding for the already emotional unstable girl.

Even more kidnapping.

I thought this was about some election in a high school. I feel better now that my high school was not like this one bit.
Shame in the end they adapt the worst route (just like most VN adaptation)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I haven't read the source material for any of these works so I cannot confirm/deny how much better they are than their sources. However, I must say that Maria Holic isn't a good show - sorry.
I respectfully disagree good sir.

And I've read snippets of Haruhi, Nisemono, a few chapters of K-On and one chapter of Zetsubo sensei, and a chapter of Holic. For all of those I will wholeheartedly say the anime was much more engaging.

As for Hyouka, I'm merely imagining how boring the series would be without KyoAni's godlike animation work.

SAO isnt popular enough to win a Gafwide vote.
It doesnt have the awareness. Gaffers might dig up slightly older shows or abstain from voting altogether. Or else choose Fate Zero.
I think sao is popular, mmo folks definitely probably have heard about it in the mmo.s and guilds, and at least the nonanime people I talk with

cjkeats

I'm glad my title for the anti-sister-fucking show is catching on. lol

And you know, between School Days and Myself; Yourself, I'm not sure which is crazier. I suppose School Days has the ending, but M;Y is fucked up in its own right. :p

Also, you should have skipped most of Endless Eight if you were just watching it on disc!
I laughed out loud at work when it clicked what you were talking about.

I think Myself; Yourself lays it's crazy on kinda thick, while School Days is just a train wreck in slow motion.

I watched Haruhi on Crunchyroll, and I consider that arc to be abusive towards my bandwidth cap. Some where in that arc I lost track what episode I was on, so I think I missed one or two anyways, and I didn't care enough to make sure.

He seems to have taken School Days rather well.
Would have loved to see a meltdown reaction. But oh well.

I don't want to talk about my meltdown here, because if someone hasn't seen it I's hate to ruin it. But trust me, a meltdown started around 6 or 7 episodes in were I started loudly cursing at the screen. Fuck every character on that show.

So I guess it's unanimous I should watch Fate/Zero? I can't tell if you guys like it..
lol

Jex

I respectfully disagree good sir.

And I've read snippets of Haruhi, Nisemono, a few chapters of K-On and one chapter of Zetsubo sensei, and a chapter of Holic. For all of those I will wholeheartedly say the anime was much more engaging.

As for Hyouka, I'm merely imagining how boring the series would be without KyoAni's godlike animation work.

I did lie a little earlier - I have read a little K-On! and the KyoAni adaptation is clearly superior. However, at this stage I feel that choosing a KyoAni show is cheating!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I did lie a little earlier - I have read a little K-On! and the KyoAni adaptation is clearly superior. However, at this stage I feel that choosing a KyoAni show is cheating!
It is, it definitely is.

STILL.

All is fair in anime and war.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rinne no Lagrange S2 11:

O8Hael.jpg

We've graduated from fingersex to shipsex.

Chekhov's
sandwich
saves the day.

Well, at least we got some explanation for very basic concepts on which the entire plot of the show has been predicated, albeit in a fairly perfunctory fashion. It certainly didn't compensate for an entire season of shit happening just because, and turning
the villain's "dramatic" final case for his actions
into a largely dispassionate infodump was well and truly sad.

All that said, the underlying concepts behind the
Rinne, Vox, etc.
are pretty dull and most of the details of how we even got to this point are still nebulous and likely to remain that way. Anticlimax total.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
She's more of an actual character in SN actually. Zero is just about bullying her.

I was just making sure that at least someone was doing it.

Not really bullying. It's more like a deconstruction of her kingship and her psyche/beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom