• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
wy2nSl.jpg

That doesn't come close to Shiki.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Comedy? imokaywiththis.jpg
As people have already mentioned, it's quite possibly the best anime comedy ever. You probably should start at the beginning, but there's nothing wrong with just starting with the new season that's airing right now. I got into the series with episode 200 and worked my way backwards.

Incidentally, the movie is probably one of my favourite things ever. lol

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kamisama Hajimemashita 1

The art, characters, animation, and story are all so, so, shoujo. But it was good shoujo, so I will continue to watch this.

Mature

As people have already mentioned, it's quite possibly the best anime comedy ever. You probably should start at the beginning, but there's nothing wrong with just starting with the new season that's airing right now. I got into the series with episode 200 and worked my way backwards.

Incidentally, the movie is probably one of my favourite things ever. lol
Is the beginning indicative of the tone and timing of the humor in later parts of the show? I've watched the first few episodes a couple times and can never manage a laugh.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Is the beginning indicative of the tone and timing of the humor in later parts of the show? I've watched the first few episodes a couple times and can never manage a laugh.

the first 2 episodes are filler, the next few are introduction episodes, so they aren't at the level the show reaches later on. I'm sure others will be able to speak with more authority, but it does get very good quite early on, so I'd say just try to get past that initial bump and get to the good stuff.

The comedy does get more assured as the show develops past the character introduction stage. I always recommend people who aren't feeling the first few episodes to check out episodes 25 and/or 79, as they're top-notch episodes that work as stand-alone pieces (even if the latter one is part of an arc) and give a better indication of what most of the show is like.

Narag

Not quite 50 eps into it yet but those feel like sort of a baseline in regards to how the show is. I enjoyed that beginning quite a bit but come episode 25, it just took off to unexpected levels.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not quite 50 eps into it yet but those feel like sort of a baseline in regards to how the show is. I enjoyed that beginning quite a bit but come episode 25, it just took off to unexpected levels.
Yeah, I think I agree. But it's been a while since I've seen the early episodes so I can't be really sure.

I'm going to say it's like any classic sitcom where they take time to just get a feel of the range of each of the characters.

Li Kao

But there is no bare booby ! Where is the bare booby ? All these years... ah... fuck it all (;_; ) catthrowingatable.gif

On a serious note, I knew AniGaf could pull it but that was quick ! Narag, you're my new best friend. Along with Billie, Cosmic, Tomat, Cajun, and well pretty much everybody here.

I heard that Choujin Locke was relatively famous and good, anybody to confirm ? I have a cut z2 dvd somewhere, should watch it. But the cuts and the fact that the rest of the OAVs never came to dvd where I live is pretty depressing in advance.

Mmh, but I digress, so SAO, is this bad, or is this bad ? :p

Instro

Ixion Saga 1

Not sure if I'll be sticking with this one, the comedy is a mixed bag and I don't find the art attractive. Also the main character is annoying as shit at times.

yami4ct

Episode 8 was the one that sold me on Gintama. The constant Gin is lazy and going to lose the show jokes and the Shinsegumi show within the show all made me laugh constantly. Also when
they don't play the theme until 1/2 way through and Gin calls them on it

Emitan

But there is no bare booby ! Where is the bare booby ? All these years... ah... fuck it all (;_; ) catthrowingatable.gif

On a serious note, I knew AniGaf could pull it but that was quick ! Narag, you're my new best friend. Along with Billie, Cosmic, Tomat, Cajun, and well pretty much everybody here.

I heard tha Choojin Locke was relatively famous and good, anybody to confirm ? I have a cut z2 dvd somewhere, shold watch it. But the cuts and the fact that the rest of the oav never came to dvd where I live is pretty depressing in advance.

Mmh, but I digress, so SAO, is this bad, or is this bad ? :p

<3

~_^

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Reg-chan, my nakama, I don't know if this means anything to you, but I feel confident in leaving the job of endlessly promoting SKU in your hands.

May you enjoy a thousand disgusting asparagus & salmon omelettes.
I, too, can revolutionise the world with filthy breakfasts.
I'm gonna finish Utena. I'm just busy with other shows!
There's never a good excuse to put Utena on hold for other shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom