• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Shin Koihime Musou - 01

W6bUt.png
EZ4bT.png

nFxXY.png
03oMr.png

131024319122.gif

YES! I take back everything bad I said about you from last season Zhang Fei! Ma Chao was already a favorite of mine, but she got bonus points by how adorable she was in this episode as she tried to establish a closer relationship with Zhang Fei. There was honestly a shit ton of screencaps I could've used, but this moment stood out the most for me. I wasn't too keen on starting this after I just powered through the first season, but if I can get more moments like this I won't mind doing another marathon. :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hyouka 11.5: Best romance episode of the year.

I don't think there are many manga-based shounen that work as two-cour only.

There aren't any except maybe JoJo because it's divided up into parts. Also cancelled stuff like Busou Renkin.

Edit: I figured you just meant long-running. If we're talking shorter monthly stuff, yeah 2 cour is doable.

While Gintama is clearly shonen and kid focused, it's funny for all ages. It's like a Pixar movie. Plenty of universally funny things with a bunch of stuff only adults will really get. The way it lampoons other anime, drops random references, and continually breaks the fourth wall makes it constantly a joy to watch.

I'd watch more Pixar movies if they were as dirty as Gintama.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
noooooo dont abandon me ;A;

I can change
I'm expecting a double chocolate cake next time we watch K-ON together.
There aren't any except maybe JoJo because it's divided up into parts. Also cancelled stuff like Busou Renkin.

Edit: I figured you just meant long-running. If we're talking shorter monthly stuff, yeah 2 cour is doable.
Yeah, meant long-running.

Since we've got some Utena people amassing at the moment, I'd like to ask a question. Does Anthy ever stop being a terrible character? If so, how much longer do I have to wait if I've only finished the Student Council Saga?

wonzo

Banned
Tanken Driland 8

This episode featured a moe as hell thief and wise words of reflection from Pollon
shortly followed by him actually doing something right for once!

I quick look around the net tells me this has at least 25 episodes listed with airing times so it looks we're getting another cour of this!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When I try to romance someone i'm an acquaintance with, i'll be sure to stare at their boobs a lot and see how that goes.
Don't lie, you probably stared at her boobs the very first day.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Since we've got some Utena people amassing at the moment, I'd like to ask a question. Does Anthy ever stop being a terrible character? If so, how much longer do I have to wait if I've only finished the Student Council Saga?

I remember not liking her at first, but she grew on me as the series went on. She's a bit of a weird character at first. The way she behaves is somewhat like an airhead, and somewhat like the quiet bullied girl, and yet she's much much weirder. She becomes more interesting later in the story mostly for her role in the story, and why things are the way they are. It's been awhile since I've been able to see it in its entirety (thinking about picking up those DVD collections sometime soon) so I don't quite remember exact details.

Thoraxes

The answer is: Kind of.
And then you'll watch the movie and your reality will be shattered and you'll write a braindump review post like I did from becoming broken.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shin Koihime Musou - 01

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy256/The_Rumor/131024319122.gif

YES! I take back everything bad I said about you from last season Zhang Fei! Ma Chao was already a favorite of mine, but she got bonus points by how adorable she was in this episode as she tried to establish a closer relationship with Zhang Fei. There was honestly a shit ton of screencaps I could've used, but this moment stood out the most for me. I wasn't too keen on starting this after I just powered through the first season, but if I can get more moments like this I won't mind doing another marathon. :D

3b9wBl.jpg

Uh huh. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom