• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

Its modern day, with kings from various time periods. Some of the kings are more primitive and ruthless obviously. This is an era where Rider
goes to a shopping mall
so its assuredly modern.
Fate/Zero takes place in the mid-90s. It's not exactly "modern day", but yeah.

The characters outfits outside of Wavers, and the churches and castles most of this has taken place in so far don't do much to let you know where in time it's taking place, but then here's a dude on a computer with a typical laserjet printer.
h6Hl1.jpg

So yeah, 90's makes sense.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero takes place in the mid-90s. It's not exactly "modern day", but yeah.

Well thats still modern era. The 90's arent that different from today.

the only solution to this perplexity is to watch glass fleet and ask yourself "Have you ever found yourself moist with tears of shame?".

I've asked myself that after one episode. But the answer of course, is absolutely NOT.
Tears of joy maybe.

Nanana not listening! :D

Oh come on. It had some redeeming qualities. the girls were cute, the KOTOKO music is great and...uhh....well.....it had some redeeming qualities!

Chuu2 2

Interest up 100%.

(She still loses to Oreki's sister though!)

Oreki's sister doesn't have a head. She could be in a magical girl show with faustian elements for all you know.

Narag

Glass Fleet 21

What an amazing rescue.
Lost my shit when they're worried about the glass battleship being missing then BAM right through the roof. Introducing those prisoners was the worst fucking thing as they're basically red shirt cannon fodder now.

cajunator

Banned
Space Brothers 27

What an incredibly heavy question to ask. Mutta got it right though.
Sometimes the truth is infinitely better than a well fabricated lie, because being trustworthy is more important than being perfect.
Also, Serika is still the cutest girl of last season.
Oh yeah and new OP > previous OP and Previous ED >>>>>>> New ED, although the new ED is decent.

OceanBlue

I know I said I would stop deleting frames by hand, but... KyoAni plays dirty tricks. For some scenes in Chu2koi 2, the characters are animated on twos and move on alternating frames, so it's as if the scene is animated on ones.

I mean, that makes for good visuals, but it's really annoying to deal with when making GIFs. I haven't even gotten to the actual "sakuga" parts yet, so I can't even imagine how dealing with that is going to be.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chu2 2:
I wish I could say I didn't enjoy this but I did.

Fuck you KyoAni. You're killing the industry.

About the Magi breast stuff...

I think I'd have more issue with it if he wasn't a little kid. That and maybe the fact that I get my junk/ass groped every other day at elementary school colors my judgement a bit though.

Not having breasts puts me at a advantage though considering some of the grope stories I hear from female coworkers. Little kids, guys. Little kids. OTL.

Mandoric

Banned
The characters outfits outside of Wavers, and the churches and castles most of this has taken place in so far don't do much to let you know where in time it's taking place, but then here's a dude on a computer with a typical laserjet printer.

That's a late-90s Canon bubblejet.

814DDGNPF3L._SL500_AA300_.gif

About the Magi breast stuff...

I think I'd have more issue with it if he wasn't a little kid. That and maybe the fact that I get my junk/ass groped every other day at elementary school colors my judgement a bit though.

Not having breasts puts me at a advantage though considering some of the grope stories I hear from female coworkers. Little kids, guys. Little kids. OTL.

You ever get kancho'd?

Risette

A Good Citizen
I know I said I would stop deleting frames by hand, but... KyoAni plays dirty tricks. For some scenes in Chu2koi 2, the characters are animated on twos and move on alternating frames, so it's as if the scene is animated on ones.

I mean, that makes for good visuals, but it's really annoying to deal with when making GIFs. I haven't even gotten to the actual "sakuga" parts yet, so I can't even imagine how dealing with that is going to be.
Can't you use blending?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
my Japanese roommate told me that its quite normal to get kancho'd
also the thing where they stomp your groin while holding your legs

Just found out what Kancho means. What the fuck, that's a real thing?

God damn.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Kancho attempts happen to often that they've lost all meaning. Walk into any group of kids and 3 out of 5 of them will try to kancho you.

A few years ago I started wearing loose jeans to ES days so that kancho attempts end in failure/the kids hurt their fingers instead.

Kancho them with your fist in return.

sleepykyo

Clinton is a threat to Rider's plan for global domination.

Chuu2Koi 2

Damn, that was good. Never cease to impress, KyoAni.

Storywise, not bad being really introduced to two of the three girls in the OP/ED. Not sure where they are planning to go storywise but still would like to see.

Action was amazing. Really liked the shifts back and forth which made it fun to watch.

Hayate no Gotoku: Can't Take My Eyes Off You 2

YES! The best character makes an appearance! It's a bit disheartening to know she'll be relegated to the eyecatch sketches, but it's better than nothing. Too bad we won't get to see the iPhone story or the quiz.

Anyway, this is really weird. It's like they're combining what the series was like (manga spoilers)
before and after Nagi lost the mansion.
The violet mansion and tenants are there, even the manga girl.

Not much to say other than that. More 4th wall breaking humor and silliness. Still not sure how I feel about it, but I'll keep watching for now.

Seeing Fumi was quite surprising. I love her expressions.

I'm not sure I like how the story is turning out. I can't imagine why they would introduce the new characters without any back story unless they plan to turn the clock around later on in the story.

The Ruka stuff is still really awkward. Is it supposed to be some weird red herring to make people think she's a villain or something?

Magi 1
tumblr_mbjj2t1VB11qejvrxo2_r3_250.gif

Pretty good start I think. Awkward boobs focus for Aladdin felt strange and even more with that Madoka voice. I think he has an interesting backstory that definitely needs to be explored and I hope soon as that place looked intriguing. Alibaba is main attraction though with the best choice of voice at times sounds exactly like Ouma Shu (I think it was during all typical moments for such a character) and then at times different so helped me to audibly begin to differentiate him from the other characters. He has tons of good faces and Aladdin too. I like his personality and his new motivations and
ending friendship moment was really touching and stuff. Loved it

The soundtrack has lots of good songs especially during the scene in the market and
then the desert hyacinth* action scene
Both made me wanna dance and the vocals in the second one was interesting. Im ready for the dungeon stuff to be explored so I hope all world introduction stuff is done and we can swiftly get to the real good stuff and get a few more of those cool characters in the OP introduced soon

Solune

Has anyone seen the Viewtiful Joe anime? Is is shit?

It's pretty mediocre, the best episode was 44.
Frost Tiger vs Fire Leo
. That said the JP VA just doesn't live up to the original game. I mean if you're an avid fan go for it but, it's not really that crucial to pursue. Also the inclusion of Blue Jr. was completely unnecessary but they went through the trouble of making him canon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom