• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

Glass Fleet: The Legend of the Wind of the UNNIIVVAAAAAAASSSSS 22

glassfleet22d.jpg

Geez, what happened to his head?

Beats

Thats nice to hear. The figurines were always well packaged and undamaged when I got those. Im sure discs would make the trip as long as the packaging isnt super cheap Sentai Filmworks quality shit.

Also, your avatar is sublime and from the greatest show ever.

I'm always more worried about the cases themselves. I've ordered shows/movies where the things holding the dvds/blurays were totally broken, but the discs themselves were perfectly fine. It's only happened a few times, but never with stuff I got from Japan.

i finished watching Hayate no Gotoku Can't Take My Eyes Off You - 02
and

It was alright , good even ..the show quality doesn't drop ...but indeed it was as confusing as possible if you follow the manga ..

There are people in the house , nagi still has her mansion ( that is even new ) considering what we knew before she left it ( i mean there was water everywhere in that room )..nagi already knew her fellow manga artist and there is still no mention of hinagiku at some point now i even expect chibi athena to appear since everything is messed -up .
And since the first episode had a scene at las vegas i dunno if there aren't going to throw wataru in the mix too ..

i have mixed feeligns but the quality is still there so i'll continue watching ..

PS: the opening is good

No hina is a travesty.

OP is good, but it feels so different from your typical hayate OP.

No hina is a travesty.

OP is good, but it feels so different from your typical hayate OP.
Hina + masamune = best hayate comedy.

Didn't you watch the post-credits scene? That character "everyone is waiting for" is most definitely her.

Could be athena

-------
Chuunibyou_Demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!_-_02
i can't help but think this is a waste of effect when i know what's really happening ..i can only praise her for having a nice and vivid imagination but still ..

Saint Seiya Omega 27

Aria proved that she is the most awesome female character in the anime and went out fairly well. I loved how she took control of the situation from essentially start to finish this episode, doing things of her own volition and even with everyone else down stood her ground to retailiate against Mars. Perhaps it was because of this that when that bar was thrown and sent straight through her and all that blood came out that I realized it was a fatal hit and couldnt resist not tearing up. She had lots of moments throughout the anime and to be offed at just 27 episodes is tragic. :( I cant :( Aria has secrued her spot on the most memorable female characters of the year chart for me

Episode had nice action and I have really no complaints for anything, excellent episode. A for effort.
So close to defeating Mars, I cant wait for him to be defeated, and Eden, Eden must defect immediately

Pooya

Crazy Girl - 2
This episode was better than the first, it was actually pretty funny. Even the animation seem better now to me. I'll keep watching this I think.

Maedhros

One Piece 566-567

God... how much budget does these episodes had? 1 dollar? Goddamit, totally underwhelming, when stills (them manga) can have more sense of impact than a real animation, there's something very wrong here... the best attack there was from Brook, and from Franky... everything else was underwhelming compared to the manga, specially Usopp and Sanji.

What a piece of shit. Derp faces everywhere too. Pacing, animation... everything is a fucking mess. Considering how popular this series is, you would think that they would put more money on the show... we get this instead.

I think I'm done with this. I can't watch it like I've watched before. At least I've got the best arc in animated form before this mess started to sink.

Ps.: Shirahoshi voice is worse than the voice of Satan.

4 minutes into Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and am groaning every couple seconds at the lame forced humor, this is Little Busters all over again. Anime-GAF, why have you forsaken me!?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I haven't mentioned this (since I've been too busy watching it) but I'm doing a re-watch of Revolutionary Girl Utena since it's been quite some time since I last saw it. I started yesterday and watched episodes 1-9. This morning starting around 8am I have been marathoning the hell of it, going from 10 to currently 31. I plan on finishing it up tonight and writing the longest impression I will ever do. :D

Note: And knowing me and what I do remember of it, there will be salt.

Enron

Banned
I really like the Hayate franchise.

I do not like this show. I can not watch this show.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, LOOK AT THIS.

ExLTa.jpg

THIS IS BEYOND...................DEEN LEVELS OF BAD.

There, I said it. I'm done with this.

Have you liked any shoujo before?

I have although once I got exposed to a larger number of them and became used to their tropes I probably am harsher on the newer ones I view. Lovely Complex was the first one I can remember seeing and I enjoyed it.

Edot: Haha, I was totally thinking of Deen when I saw that picture too.

Zetsuen no Tempest 1

Finally sat down and watched the whole thing. It looks good. I like the general aesthetic and the main character designs. Having just rewatched Sword of the Stranger today, there's some similarity between that film's art and the wintertime art here, and certainly the action choreography shows that Ando hasn't lost his touch since then. It sounds great. The voice actors are putting in a great effort, and Michiru Oshima's sweeping score is worthy of an epic. The whole atmosphere is right up my alley. I loved how the end of the episode transitioned into the OP, which is itself smartly planned and executed.

Still, I find it difficult to be drawn in. Even besides the preconceptions I have due to duckroll and dresden's criticisms of the manga, the writing already feels like it's toeing the line of becoming irredeemably pretentious nonsense. It's not that I had difficulty figuring out what was going on - at least until the end upped the craziness factor. Actually I can't understand why people found the timeskips/flashbacks confusing; everything seemed logically structured and connected to me. But the place where the story is at seems more suited to the middle of a narrative than the beginning. I mean, it's the first episode and already
the town's been destroyed and we're in straight-up apocalyptic territory
. If you're going to have such seemingly big stakes, you need more time to prepare the characters and setting so I can understand and be invested in them. I just don't see how this story can develop in an acceptable way, and apparently it doesn't! I'll keep watching for now in hopes that Ando can salvage something from the manga's story, but I'm not going to expect that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom