• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
Can take my eyes off you.

me as I watch this show

2Lo4o.gif
2Lo4o.gif
2Lo4o.gif
2Lo4o.gif
2Lo4o.gif
2Lo4o.gif
2Lo4o.gif
2Lo4o.gif
2Lo4o.gif

cajunator

Banned
I really like the Hayate franchise.

I do not like this show. I can not watch this show.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, LOOK AT THIS.

ExLTa.jpg

THIS IS BEYOND...................DEEN LEVELS OF BAD.

There, I said it. I'm done with this.

That is worse than Deen actually, and I say that as a Deen fan.

De geso?! lol

We're already up to our neck in puns here.
Actually though, the world could use a Squid girl 3.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 2
tumblr_mbpgd58tMO1qapu8qo1_400.gif

Numerous boring parts and stuff but to not sound like a broken record Ill just say what I liked. Did enjoy all the action stuff close to the end there, looked really amazing and flashy, if only the environments were more destructible. Yuuta playing with the gun was my favorite part, as well as the recording of him as the Dark Flame Master, sounded so cool. I hope for more delusional battles.

tumblr_mbpo7ovPNF1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

Eksu...KARIB oh wait

I love the show, but wouldn't it of been amazing had they played it straight for like, 5 episodes and then all of a sudden introduce all the magical themes she pretends to have as a part of their reality out of nowhere?

It's kind of like what Haruhi would've been like had they aired the episodes in order.

Narag

Element Hunters 9-12

More of the same but it's a good thing. Formulaic endearing episodes balancing real life with the element hunting. Looks like there's an actual plot that's going to be unveiled soon so there's that too.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Element Hunters 9-12:

nAEdml.jpg

Least-educational educational show ever continues to be harmless fun with goofy monsters and really likable characters. Things look like they might be getting really dark really quickly, though.

Jex

Okay, I don't usually like to do manga-anime comparisons in depth after just the first episode, but I feel like enough impressions of episode 1 have been posted mostly containing the same gripe, which warrants a sort of "explanation" on how the anime kinda dropped the ball on a certain narrative point.

For those who are not interested in knowing what the anime is missing, I understand, so I will put it all in spoiler text, and it's up to you whether you want to read and/or respond to it. I just feel it's a point worth discussing since almost everyone who hasn't read the manga has brought up the same valid point.

In the manga, the first chapter features only Aladdin, and introduces the readers to the character independent of Alibaba. In the second chapter, Alibaba is working as driver for a caravan, like he is at the latter half of the first episode. In fact, this is the exact same story, but without Mor in the picture at all, and without Alibaba and Aladdin knowing each other. Aladdin is in the caravan, and this when they first meet. Alibaba doesn't like him, and is trying to ignore him during the journey so he doesn't get into trouble. There are also no slaves involved. But a child is still trapped by the monster, and it ends the same way.

The start of the first episode is actually mostly derived from the third chapter of the manga, where only after seeing Aladdin save his life, and showing off his amazing powers, Alibaba decides to let him tag along, and panders to all his whims and fancies, because he has formulated a plan in his head where he wants to use Aladdin to conquer the dungeon. In fact, it is only then that the incident with Mor happens, and Aladdin breaks her chains. After this, they run from the slave masters, and dive straight into the dungeon.

So yeah, if you're wondering why the character behaviors in the first episode were kinda illogical (and I agree), that's why. Yoshino sux.
This explains everything. I can see why everyone was bagging on Yoshino earlier.

cajunator

Banned
My Little Classmate can't possibly be this Delusional 02

This.....This is my favorite of the season easily.
Kyoani you magnificent bastards.
Delusional girl is absolutely precious. I think most of us were probably some kind of roleplaying character in our youth. Part of growing up and having an overactive imagination. Maybe rikka is a bit old for that, but its nice to see a character still enjoying that freedom regardless of what others think (so long as she doesnt hurt anybody with that Mauser).
Furthermore, I love how Rikka's delusions and imagination suddenly transforms the world she lives in as we see it. Its very Satoshi Kon'esque and you guys know what I think of his work.
I especially appreciated the little nod to Zelda.
Oh yeah and Rikka's sister is awesome. Best girl so far.

Also, I have noticed something that makes me a happy Cajun. Moe has not destroyed a goddamned thing in anime. Its true that its a subjective art style and preference, but the presence of moe/Cute tropes in an anime does not hinder it it any way if the writing is strong and the characters are solid. It merely serves to enhance something that is already highly enjoyable in the first place. Long live Moe. Long live Cute. A hnnnng a both your houses!

Andrew J.

Magi 01

Going forward I will watch this show under the belief that Aladdin is a girl, thus dramatically increasing its :sdburton quotient.

Instro

Chuunibyou 2

KyoAni delivering, big step up from last week both in visuals and comedy. I enjoyed the first episode for the most part, but this week was definitely on another level. Lots of funny moments that clicked really well with the timing and visuals used, and of course the action scenes were awesome. Cool stuff, looking forward to next week.

I think I'm just going to wait for a compilation of all the delusions unless episode 2 had exponentially more than ep 1.

The good thing about episode 2's delusions is that they were all densely packed in the first few minutes of the episode and like for two whole minutes near the end of the episode as well.

You can easily skip all the real world stuff.
But why would you?

fertygo

In my heart, yes.

It's not looking good right now.

This writing job easily is the most unfair job.

The production comitee want focus to certain thing and they just tell the writer to arrange that, but all the critics for the consequence to that decision just for them only lol. Well at least the pay is good maybe, even Urobuchi admit anime writing job is more in-line with his interest than his usual job as game/VN writer.

cajunator

Banned
*sigh* im going to end up watching this trollop aren't I

You should. Chuunibyo is a lot of fun to watch.
Its really not that huge of a step down in quality from Hyouka either. Its a different kind of show and doesnt rely on pretty set pieces to hold your attention.

Uchip

Banned
Then don't read it. Jex at least kind of likes manga, with his only grievance so far being a "lack of time", which I find odd since it takes a lot less time to read manga than it does to watch anime.

tbh ive only read a few shounen manga, Berserk, and a few Osamu Tezuka ones
it would have to be a pretty standout manga to keep my interest

I will keep watching the anime for now
The One Piece anime mixed the beginning sequence up pretty badly and it turned out ok

You should. Chuunibyo is a lot of fun to watch.
Its really not that huge of a step down in quality from Hyouka either. Its a different kind of show and doesnt rely on pretty set pieces to hold your attention.

The problem being that I didn't find Hyouka (even the supposed best arc) to hold my interest, despite being technically good
Same deal with more fun shows like bakuman where the style is still kind of slice of lifey (probably the most boring setting and style for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom