• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

4 hour n something to Psycho-Pass and Robotic; Notes premiere!
Chu2 Lite 3

chu2l3.jpg

so wahjah it literally hurts

I like this dude more than Kyon and Oreki already.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!Lite 3
tumblr_mbq5wr9NC21rao0vlo1_r1_500.gif

Best episode of both the main series and this spinoff. How his sister can doubt how cool Dark Flame Master is is just baffling, I love when he swipes his hand to go into that mode and changes his voice and goes into that imaginative speak. Yuuta is awesome.

-Minsc-

Kintama - 254

Kintama254_001.png

-Completely out of context screencap.

More Gintama goodness.

Some have compared the humour in Ixion Saga DT to Gintama. While there may be certain baseline similarities Gintama has a seamless flow between serious and comedy which Ixion Saga lacks. To Ixion Saga's credit they've only had one episode. The team behind Gintama has had years of experience perfecting their craft.

/XX/

Oh man, they're really trolling hard with the OP animation.
As Akira Amemiya probably worked on that cut from the opening before his 'staff profile' was deleted from the GAINAX.NET website, now I wonder if he will contribute with more of his animation as the series goes along...

Enjoying this more now. Even the delusions are handled in a way where it's not too embarrassing, and the 'combat' near the end was done well, cutting in and out of the delusion to both deflate and poke fun at the theater of Rikka's performance.
I thought that it could end up being tiring to focus on the absurdity itself of those moments every time, so they go over that, now presenting it differently; made all seem extremely ridiculous at first to later leverage that and go to more pleasant moments for the audience, on a progressing interaction between the characters. It is like an initial setting to make really clear at first how stupidly embarrasing (I'd personally say cute) are the things they can do.

4 hour n something to Psycho-Pass and Robotic; Notes premiere!
I'm ready!

cajunator

Banned
As Akira Amemiya probably worked on that cut from the opening before his 'staff profile' was deleted from the GAINAX.NET website, now I wonder if he will contribute with more of his animation as the series goes along...

I thought that it could end up being tiring to focus on the absurdity itself of those moments every time, so they go over that, now presenting it differently; made all seem extremely ridiculous at first to later leverage that and go to more pleasant moments for the audience, on a progressing interaction between the characters. It is like an initial setting to make really clear at first how stupidly embarrasing (I'd personally say cute) are the things they can do.

I'm ready!

I dont really see how its embarassing. at least not compared to the "performance art" that hipsters pull off these days to get attention. I think delusions are kind of adorable.

Jarmel

Banned
It's a BD of the events at their 10th anniversary festival, I believe. Concerts, voice actor speeches, stuff like that.

Also, that video probably contains potential spoilers for all of their works, so people should be forewarned.

I hope this gets released in the USA. I wouldn't mind listening to some of the stuff.

I don't like these Psycho-Pass color composition >_>
Its seems only Ufotable that able to pull this trick.
some spoiler from ep1

http://i.imgur.com/CjxbT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/orQrm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/huEPl.jpg

Apparently its "picked" from funi's site.

The character art in that first shot is really really bad. Giraffe neck moe. I really have not been impressed with the character animation designs, rather the opposite actually.

cajunator

Banned
One Piece characters designs SUCK.
sorry but they do. I cannot comment on the writing or anything else because I havent watched it, but come on. those designs are TERRIBLE.

Uchip

Banned
One Piece characters designs SUCK.
sorry but they do. I cannot comment on the writing or anything else because I havent watched it, but come on. those designs are TERRIBLE.

yeah, but your opinion holds no weight when you find every character to be cute regardless of how generic and uninspired, as long as they have big eyes.

/XX/

I dont really see how its embarassing. at least not compared to the "performance art" that hipsters pull off these days to get attention. I think delusions are kind of adorable.
Exactly! I was talking with the same adjective Dresden used, but I don't personally find it irritating either (hence the "cute" part on my description of it).

cajunator

Banned
you're claiming that despite having never watched (or read) One Piece that the designs are terrible, and im pointing out that you seem to enjoy all manner of trashy how-to-draw-manga character designs

Ive seen enough pictures of the characters to know the style is awful. I can only comment on what I see.
This is all subjective anyway. Why does it bother you?

Grzi

Ive seen enough pictures of the characters to know the style is awful. I can only comment on what I see.
This is all subjective anyway. Why does it bother you?

It definitely isn't awful, just very unique so it takes some time to get used to it.
I know I hated the designs when I first saw them (although I was a kid then), but now I'm a huge One Piece fan.

Taruranto

October Newtype Character Rankings:

Guys:
1) Kirito
2) Houtarou Oreki
3) Rider
4) Kira Yamato
5) Lelouch Lamperouge
6) Kyon
7) Archer
8) Cinque Izumi
9) Kotetsu T. Kaburagi
10) Barnaby Brooks Jr.

Impressively, all ten of the guys are the same as last month, just with some ranking changes.

Girls:
1) Eru Chitanda
2) Asuna
3) Saber
4) Madoka Kaname
5) Sheryl Nome
6) Yui Hirasawa
7) Kuroyukihime
8) Lacus Clyne
9) Homura Akemi
10) Mami Tomoe

And with the Madoka movie now in theaters, its girls storm back onto the charts.

Note to whoever is reading this post in ten years: I knew Kirito would still be there.

cajunator

Banned
because you're emphasizing the 'TERRIBLE' in your opinion of something that I consider quite the contrary
Is there any reason you feel that way?

They arent pleasing designs.
Maybe I just dontl ike the "shounen" look. but its not a case of being cute or not. I like the Space Brothers character designs for example and those arent all wide eyed. Maybe Serika is a bit. the One Piece designs just look silly as hell to me and Im pretty sure Im not alone thinking that. Im not saying ANYTHING about any other aspect of the hsow. I respect the show and the fans. I just hate the designs of the characters and thats been something al ot of people have criticized the show for.

DiGiKerot

GENTLEMEN,

I have a busy weekend of enjoying Blood-C before all but a few of you who've already seen it ahead of me! Good thing that movie is last up this weekend, else it'd probably cast a negative light on the rest of the offerings (Not that I'm expecting much out of Berserk or Gyo...)

cajunator

Banned
I can confidently say that "moe" has never once enhanced my emotional investment in anything.

You get to be my newly appointed replacement in all matters Utena. I'm too old for this shit. Go forth, young man!

Moe just makes shows more pleasing to watch because of the cute factor for some people.
What I was saying is that moe itself does not make or break a show. the other aspects of narrative and character writing and production values have much more to do with whether a show is good or not.

October Newtype Character Rankings:

Guys:
1) Kirito
2) Houtarou Oreki
3) Rider
4) Kira Yamato
5) Lelouch Lamperouge
6) Kyon
7) Archer
8) Cinque Izumi
9) Kotetsu T. Kaburagi
10) Barnaby Brooks Jr.

Impressively, all ten of the guys are the same as last month, just with some ranking changes.

Girls:
1) Eru Chitanda
2) Asuna
3) Saber
4) Madoka Kaname
5) Sheryl Nome
6) Yui Hirasawa
7) Kuroyukihime
8) Lacus Clyne
9) Homura Akemi
10) Mami Tomoe

And with the Madoka movie now in theaters, its girls storm back onto the charts.

Oh oh o SAO & Hyouka are strong .i approuve

Cwarrior

Here I thought one piece fans and chopsticks fans are one and the same.

Nichijoe is definitely one the better character designs to come out of anime in quite some time, it looks charming although it could use some variety.

Before it I didn't know kyoani could do anything but generic sadly it bombed now there back to generica! anime.

But it's ridiculous comparing anything to one piece cause it's got character design on smash, every new character introduced is sight to behold, you never know what ludacris insane piece of walking art you will meet next and when you think it couldn't get any more ridiculous (in good way) it just does.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
One Piece's character designs are atrociously bad
just like everything else One Piece
, why is this even a point of contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom