• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Waiting ducky and others impression for PP, my friend that stream it live say its oretty cool though.

And a lot of
gore and Hanakana goes mindbreak

Cwarrior

Sushio's Sanji is like... exponentially cooler! Specially with those glasses on Mr. Hosoda's movie...

Sanji wore those same orange tinted lens glass in the alabasta arc that came many years before it and when he did he looked a lot cooler then any moment in that movie as Mr Prince.

Well, I was mainly (hence the "specially" on my previous post) talking about his work as an animation character designer, that I see as more personal than his work as animator over the concepts of others (even if there is an influence on anything he makes).

I haven't seen as a whole his work on the WATER 7 arc episodes, but I remember some scenes from Murad compilation videos... the scene when the Rocket Man sets-off, with all those slow-motion reaction shots, is lovely!

Sorry but am going to have to tell you liking the character design now it's imitated by sushio is a stupid hipster opinion.

The fundamental character design haven't changed ussop still has a long nose, zoro is still a marimo and chopper is still a tanuki looking reindeer it's just that now the clothing detail has dropped the character look flat cause the shading and surface detail is gone.

Still the same characters so if you hated it before your still going to hate it now.

what 7th is doing is like talking trash about skinny jeans but then running out to buy pair when he sees kanye west wearing them.

I respect Envelope opinion more.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne - 01
Woah i don't know what to think about this episode
http://i.imgur.com/TWAgZl.jpg[IMG]
Look at her wearing this proud t-shirt without a care in the world ..

i can't help but root for her to suceed

i also don't know why , but the student concil president remind me of forte stollen and i don't know why ...[/QUOTE]

I hope you enjoy the show more if you know that her VA is 14 years old.

Ultimadrago

Just looking at the studio website banner:

headerdrpe7.png

Looool.

/XX/

Sanji wore those same orange tinted lens glass in the alabasta arc and when he did he looked a lot cooler then any moment in that movie as Mr Prince.
That's true. I think those looked better with the clothes and body proportions shown in that movie, though.

Sorry but am going to have to tell you liking the character design now it's imitated by sushio is a stupid hipster opinion.

The fundamental character design haven't changed ussop still has a long nose, zoro is still a marimo and chopper is still a tanuki looking reindeer it's just that now the clothing detail has dropped the character look flat cause the shading and surface detail is gone.

Still the same characters so if you hated it before your still going to hate it now.

what 7th is doing is like talking trash about skinny jeans but then running out to buy pair when he sees kanye west wearing them.

I respect Envelope opinion more.
But I didn't say I disliked Mr. Oda's designs, myself. I like them, it is just that I appreciate even more how those were translated for the animation on Mr. Hosoda's film, nothing more.

Jarmel

Banned
He also noted that producers warned that if certain elements were not incorporated into Psycho-Pass, female viewers will not watch, but Urobuchi said that Motohiro protected the creators to make whatever they wished.

iDw3YY0xLE5dH.gif

duckroll

The key phrase here is "protected the creators to make whatever they wished." Let's not forget that Urobuchi had no problems with shipping Kirei and Gil officially in Fate/Zero, or the more subtle Rider/Waver relationship. He has no problems with shipping Madoka and Homura too. If you've seen a lot of his novels and VN stuff, being able to make "whatever he wants" can also equate "taboo" relationships in society. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
School Days 10

GUHDA.png

Thank you.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I was almost tempted to leave the review with just that but I'm guessing you expect a little more.

For those who don't understand that snapshot. This is the moment the world sees what the true M.C.Dick looks like. AH HA HA HA HA HA!

Good to see it's Makoto's (I've been calling him M.C.Dick so much I had to double check what his name actually was) turn to get fucked. Well let's hope he enjoys being on the receiving end, because hopefully my wish has come true and his days are numbered. No joke.

It's amazing how all this could have been avoided if he was just honest and broke up with his "girlfriend". But it seems he thinks if he ignores his problems they will go away. I'm guessing his logic is that if he does't say he's not breaking up with you then he's already broken up with you.

Oh and apparently we're meant to feel sorry for friend of "best" girl because she liked M.C.Dick all along a boo hoo hoo.

That's right. I am enjoying seeing this suffering. This is what this show has done to me. After nine episodes of nincompoops running around I am glad they are finally receiving their comeuppance.

Yes it's a short review and that's because not much happened apart from the M.C. being a shit as usual and at the end we're left with him being in deep shit. I'm sure episode 11 will somehow manage to infuriate me further by not heading in the direction I want so I'm going to enjoy the rest of this day imagine M.C.Dick's life in tatters.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The key phrase here is "protected the creators to make whatever they wished." Let's not forget that Urobuchi had no problems with shipping Kirei and Gil officially in Fate/Zero, or the more subtle Rider/Waver relationship. He has no problems with shipping Madoka and Homura too. If you've seen a lot of his novels and VN stuff, being able to make "whatever he wants" can also equate "taboo" relationships in society. :p

That glorious Gil fanservice.

Hope that means my pairing is canon in Psycho Pass and gets screentime...

jman2050

School Days 10

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I was almost tempted to leave the review with just that but I'm guessing you expect a little more.

For those who don't understand that snapshot. This is the moment the world sees what the true M.C.Dick looks like. AH HA HA HA HA HA!

Good to see it's Makoto's (I've been calling him M.C.Dick so much I had to double check what his name actually was) turn to get fucked. Well let's hope he enjoys being on the receiving end, because hopefully my wish has come true and his days are numbered. No joke.

It's amazing how all this could have been avoided if he was just honest and broke up with his "girlfriend". But it seems he thinks if he ignores his problems they will go away. I'm guessing his logic is that if he does't say he's not breaking up with you then he's already broken up with you.

Oh and apparently we're meant to feel sorry for friend of "best" girl because she liked M.C.Dick all along a boo hoo hoo.

That's right. I am enjoying seeing this suffering. This is what this show has done to me. After nine episodes of nincompoops running around I am glad they are finally receiving their comeuppance.

Yes it's a short review and that's because not much happened apart from the M.C. being a shit as usual and at the end we're left with him being in deep shit. I'm sure episode 11 will somehow manage to infuriate me further by not heading in the direction I want so I'm going to enjoy the rest of this day imagine M.C.Dick's life in tatters.

I love everything about this post.

What in the world did you do to poor Akarin?

School Days 10

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

iveyddcKcF2eR.jpg

Psycho Pass 1

Here's another show I went in blind, but unlike From the New World, I liked it. The cyberpunk premise is both interesting and visually appealing. It reminds me of what little I played of Kikokugai, also by Urobuchi.

I've always found the concept of stopping people who are expected to commit future crimes to be appealing (even though I've never seen Minority Report). The Psycho Pass system is a really nice expansion of that. A militant town where a person is tasked to be killed upon getting to a certain level makes for some great stories regarding the premise. And since
Akane was able to bring the level down, we are still able to believe free will exists here and the system is not absolute.

Action wasn't bad either even if I'm not usually a fan of gun-only action (unless it's gun-kata).

Yeah, I'll keep watching this for now.

OceanBlue

Haha, that's hilarious. I'm definitely interested to see how it'll do. Despite this "for or against" mentality that seems to be painted among fans nowadays, I don't think the lack of "moe" during conceptualization is going to turn people off. Not to mention that things like "moe" and fujoshi elements will resonate among the fans even if the fans have to create them themselves. :D

I think, "As a result, he said with a laugh that this work can only be a 'strikeout or a home run,' with nothing in between," rings kinda true though. But, Noitamina should be pretty comfortable with that idea anyway, lol.

Defuser

Psycho Pass ep 1
I like it! It's dark, brutal and really messes one's mind. Premise and concept is interesting and I do love the dominator transformation depending on situation. Visuals and BGM are great. This is the show of fall season or even the show of 2012.

yami4ct

Psycho-Pass 01

Loved it for the most part. Some of the elements seemed a bit forced, like when
Akane was shocked that they'd take in someone who has done nothing wrong.
. She was supposedly trained as a detective, she should know how things work. Also found the setup at the beginning of
some sort of battle between Kogami and a evil dude
felt forced with as little explanation we got. That should be fixed over time. Overall, love the premise, love the animation, like a lot of the characters that were setup. So far, it's living up to my hype. Really happy about that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
School Days 10

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Good, very good.

Emitan

Can't believe people in here are hating on K-On! I guess you have worse taste than I feared.

Chuunibyou 2

Those action scenes were really nicely done. I don't understand why that other girl kept following them after she found out the cat wasn't hers. She looks like an airhead though.

I still don't know what kind of show this is gonna become.
Because no one can resist eye-patch-moé.

Nichijou 11

Yuuko is my favourite girl of the show.
She's my third favorite girl but she's still great.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Polar Bear Cafe 28

The final moments were so heartwarming. I don't care if it's obvious pulling of the heart strings, these are the kind of endings I like. ;__;

I should note that I've always felt that Panda-kun was quite an infuriating character, but at least people acknowledge his character flaws and he tries to rectify them. In contrast Makoto (copy and pasted from my last post) is oblivious to why is is a terrible person and people seem to like him for it. Apart from the "girlfriend" everyone else seems to be aware he is cheating on at least one person.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Psycho-Pass 01:

Well that was an explosive opener. I appreciated that the episode was mostly devoted to illustrating how the Sibyl/Psycho-Pass/Dominator/[every other interrelated piece of terminology] system typically works and then introducing the most basic ethical concerns and moral conflicts regarding the system's use. Because the narrative is so concentrated on exploring the implications of a fictional system of law enforcement with its own fully-realized set of rules, practices, technologies, and chains of command, it's vital to quickly establish a solid foundation of understanding for how everything works if the show is going to successfully build on that foundation and take the concept wherever they plan to take it.

The episode introduced several characters but didn't particularly begin to flesh them out other than
Akane's decision to momentarily oppose the system she was hired to enforce
, so I imagine that the bulk of significant character establishment will begin next week when the consequences of
Akane's insubordination
begins to draw out everyone's individual opinions on the morality of the system. The character designs seem to convey particular character traits fairly strongly, but I have few doubts that the show will provide us with several compelling, well-rounded characters.

Visually, no complaints. The seedy, neon-streaked backdrops are perfect for the scenario, everything exudes budget, and I wasn't even taken out my immersion by the CG. It looks nice. Great stuff all around and can't wait for next week.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Motohiro said that he has been wanting to making anime for a while, but needed a charismatic scriptwriter. So, he made an offer to Urobuchi to join the project, about when Puella Magi Madoka Magica was airing (January-April 2011). People around Motohiro were saying that Madoka Magica exceeded Evangelion, so he watched the anime himself. He said he was amazed that there was a person who could write such a work. He then read Urobuchi's novels and writings and became convinced that absolutely fascinating works could be made when Urobuchi's way of thinking is put onscreen.
Not really, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom