• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Not when they are drawn by Sushio.

sherlockdoorclose.gif

Grzi

~ I'll get to it eventually, but it's on the bottom of my stack of things to be watched ~

Always the same answer...

I feel like a girl in a relationship with an alcoholic, she keeps trying to get him to stop drinking and he always uses the same excuses.

I'm getting you off the booze Envelope!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Always the same answer...

I feel like a girl in a relationship with an alcoholic, she keeps trying to get him to stop drinking and he always uses the same excuses.

I'm getting you off the booze Envelope!

You're that sure you can change me, eh?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
October Newtype Character Rankings:

Guys:
1) Kirito
2) Houtarou Oreki
3) Rider
4) Kira Yamato
5) Lelouch Lamperouge
6) Kyon
7) Archer
8) Cinque Izumi
9) Kotetsu T. Kaburagi
10) Barnaby Brooks Jr.

Impressively, all ten of the guys are the same as last month, just with some ranking changes.

Girls:
1) Eru Chitanda
2) Asuna
3) Saber
4) Madoka Kaname
5) Sheryl Nome
6) Yui Hirasawa
7) Kuroyukihime
8) Lacus Clyne
9) Homura Akemi
10) Mami Tomoe

And with the Madoka movie now in theaters, its girls storm back onto the charts.

Kirito where he belongs.

/XX/

SOMEONE STOP THESE MONSTERS
Unfortunately, this guys are doing it on their own and they even are the only right holders of this properties in countries like France, no one can prevent this from happening...

... well, their company could go bankrupt... or something, but as they have already sold these productions at the ongoing MIPCOM (http://www.animationmagazine.net/events/mipcom-day-2-wrap-more-toon-deals-and-pick-ups/)... very difficult now to avoid that this... 'things'... could see the light of day.

Defuser

Chunibyou demo Koi Ga shitai! ep 2
Remind me why Kyoto animation hasn't done a shonen show yet? Anyway dat sakuga although all it was in her imagination. Best part of the show is Tsuyuri just tagging along for the fun.

edit:
Lite 3
Jun fukuyama does a good job switching his lelouch persona on the whim. At least this dark flame master got some sense when it comes to reality.

Cwarrior

Sushio's Sanji is like... exponentially cooler! Specially with those glasses on Mr. Hosoda's movie...

Movie 6 is not the first time or the last time sushio worked on one piece or drawn sanji,

Sushio worked on Movie 2 and did the sanji fight in that movie, his art & animation was lot better in that movie.

He also worked on the rocket man episodes in the water 7 arc in the tv anime.

Don't get me wrong I really like sushio's work just not the huge down grade in the quality of art in movie 6.

oh yeah also the baseball pirate king special.

Maedhros

Moe just makes shows more pleasing to watch because of the cute factor for some people.
What I was saying is that moe itself does not make or break a show. the other aspects of narrative and character writing and production values have much more to do with whether a show is good or not.

K-On is completely unwatchable for me because of the focus on... moe?

cajunator

Banned
K-On is completely unwatchable for me because of the focus on... moe?

K-on is probably unwatchable for you because its just a cute show about girls doing cute things and doesnt really have a purpose otherwise.
However a show like, for example, Madoka Magica has a carefully and well written script, good character development, an intriguing story, and good production values. It still has moe, but its not the focus of the show.

/XX/

Movie 6 is not the first time or the last time sushio worked on one piece or drawn sanji,

Sushio worked on Movie 2 and did the sanji fight in that movie, his art & animation was lot better in that movie.

He also worked on the rocket man episodes in the water 7 arc in the tv anime.

Don't get me wrong I really like sushio work just not the huge down grade in art in movie 6.
Well, I was mainly (hence the "specially" on my previous post) talking about his work as an animation character designer, that I see as more personal than his work as animator over the concepts of others (even if there is an influence on anything he makes).

I haven't seen as a whole his work on the WATER 7 arc episodes, but I remember some scenes from Murad compilation videos... the scene when the Rocket Man sets-off, with all those slow-motion reaction shots, is lovely!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Chuunibyo Lite 3

Great stuff. Man, I like this series because it fleshes out the character all the while remaining entertaining. Very enjoyable.

Maedhros

K-on is probably unwatchable for you because its just a cute show about girls doing cute things and doesnt really have a purpose otherwise.
However a show like, for example, Madoka Magica has a carefully and well written script, good character development, an intriguing story, and good production values. It still has moe, but its not the focus of the show.

What's moe about Madoka?
The part where the witch eats Mami's head? Or the part where they discover that they are fucking dolls separated from their souls?

Sorry, but you totally didn't understand the point: even if you argue that the characters in Madoka are moe (which I don't think they are at all), it's not the focus of the show. It's an element. In K-On, on the other hand, it's the focus.

yami4ct

October Newtype Character Rankings:

Guys:
1) Kirito
2) Houtarou Oreki
3) Rider
4) Kira Yamato
5) Lelouch Lamperouge
6) Kyon
7) Archer
8) Cinque Izumi
9) Kotetsu T. Kaburagi
10) Barnaby Brooks Jr.

Impressively, all ten of the guys are the same as last month, just with some ranking changes.

Wait, Lelouch and Jesus Yamato are still making these lists? This is why we can't have decent mecha show protagonists, Japan.

Well, at least Kotestsu's on there.

Steroyd

What's moe about Madoka?
The part where the witch eats Mami's head? Or the part where they discover that they are fucking dolls separated from their souls?

Sorry, but you totally didn't understand the point: even if you argue that the characters in Madoka are moe (which I don't think they are at all), it's not the focus of the show. It's an element. In K-On, on the other hand, it's the focus.

Whoa! let's not get ahead of ourselves for a minute here, you have to get to episode 3 to understand that it's not your typical magical girl anime, which is a barrier for some people if they don't like shows like K-ON or magical girl anime in general.

cajunator

Banned
What's moe about Madoka?

which is exactly what I said before. Madoka Magica didnt focus on moe, but it had moe. Moe itself doesnt ruin a show. all you did was agree with me!
Furthermore, Mami Tomoe won a damned Saimoe tournament lol.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne - 01
Woah i don't know what to think about this episode
TWAgZl.jpg

Look at her wearing this proud t-shirt without a care in the world ..

i can't help but root for her to suceed

i also don't know why , but the student concil president remind me of forte stollen and i don't know why ...

Metrotab

Banned
Chuunibyou 2

Those action scenes were really nicely done. I don't understand why that other girl kept following them after she found out the cat wasn't hers. She looks like an airhead though.

I still don't know what kind of show this is gonna become.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So I just read the first chapter of Code Breaker and the anime really paints that one thing Ogami does in a really bad light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom