• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
My body is ready

lEyLv.jpg

I hate the dvd/blu combo shit, but whatever

yami4ct

So Robotics;Notes is real bad? Good. Saves me the trouble of watching it.

Zetsuen no Tempest 02

Boy this show is real pretty. The animation continues to wow me. Battles are well choreographed and fun to just look at. Story continues to be inoffensive melodrama. Enough intrigue to keep me semi-interested, but not enough really good bits to latch on to. This seems perfectly set-up to be this season's popcorn show. It's just fun to watch. If it doesn't amount to any more than that, I guess I'm ok.

survivor

Banned
while terrible, it did give rise to a conversation with my friend about how augmented reality pokemon battles would be cool... and ended up missing half of the episode because of it
That tablet sure was nice, too bad it was wasted on a dumb first person fighting game

I don't believe I remember you publicly dropping a show since Gosick.

This must be quite the painful experience.

The first couple episodes of Gosick were far better than this crap

Anyway, all the shows aired and the ones I will be sticking with so far

My Little Monster
Kamisama Kiss
Chuunibyou

I was hoping to end up watching more shows but 3 is good enough for now.

Dead

well not really...yet
I purposefully waited for glorious Blu-Ray to experience Blood-C

I only hope it can surpass my expectations of the blood franchise (highlight so far, Blood+ OP3)

yami4ct

I purposefully waited for glorious Blu-Ray to experience Blood-C

I only hope it can surpass my expectations of the blood franchise (highlight so far, Blood+ OP3)

You haven't watched it yet? Oh boy. Can't wait to see this. The uncut gore is something to behold for sure. It's almost too much at times.

Uchip

Banned
Not really. I mean if you look at the stuff 5pb has done, of course there is going to be some sort of twist to it.

yeah but this time there was absolutely no subtlety or relation to anything
it was just like "oh yeah and then this crazy thing happens!" at the end

Btooom! 2

Interesting that they skipped all the way to chapter 32 to cover Himiko's back story. That may or may not mess up some of her development.

Anyway, they really butchered a few scenes here. Both
rape
scenes weren't only censored, they were stupid. First of all,
the friends getting raped was just implied instead of explicitly shown. That's cool and all since there are TV standards to be upheld, but they could have at least portray it without looking stupid. Glasses ho got dragged into a dark room while clawing against the floorboards. That's horror movie shit, not rape scene shit! In the manga, she had hands on a clear glass door crying while being raped. It was effective and more importantly, was straightforward. What's happening here is just confusing.

As for the
Himiko "rape scene,
I don't even know what to say to that atrocity.
Fat dude was friggin motorboating her. That's not horrifying, that's funny.
It was just ridiculous all around.

Oh well, next few weeks should be better. Though I am worried about censorship here. Would be a shame to not
see the 14 year old rape the dead woman that he killed.
At least black stuff out or something. The kid won't be half as menacing without that scene.

Dresden

psycho-pass - 01

That was . . . decent. Urobuchi can probably deliver a fun story with a base like this.

A problem with the writing is that the episode would have been better with less of it. The exposition isn't a huge problem, but the episode would be stronger if more of it was implied/shown rather than told. Stuff like Akane aiming her gun at the old man, etc. Gives enough info without the infodumping hidden under the guise of a newbie being shown the ropes.

Enjoyed it. A solid start.

Not moe.

yami4ct

psycho-pass - 01

That was . . . decent. Urobuchi can probably deliver a fun story with a base like this.

A problem with the writing is that the episode would have been better with less of it. The exposition isn't a huge problem, but the episode would be stronger if more of it was implied/shown rather than told. Stuff like Akane aiming her gun at the old man, etc. Gives enough info without the infodumping hidden under the guise of a newbie being shown the ropes.

Enjoyed it. A solid start.

Not moe.

Exactly my thoughts. It wasn't the massively awesome, subtle piece of science fiction it could have been, but anime rarely accomplishes that. Up there with JoJo as my favorite start of the season. I predict Shinsekai will surpass that, since it's a slower build, but excited to see where all these things go.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
K 02:

6AcrA.gif

Good news: after this episode, I finally kind of know what the story is about.

Bad news: it's about some white-haired kid with amnesia being hunted by two rival bishounen gangs. He also has a pet kitten that can transform into a magical naked girl who "hates clothing". Behold, the combined POWAH of at least seven anime/LN writers.

This was an episode that began with
white haired-kid (henceforth called "protagonist-kun" until I can remember his name) barely escaping being murdered by the leader of the not-shinsengumi who is accusing protagonist-kun of being involved in a murder that he doesn't remember
. The episode ended with
them casually cooking breakfast together in protagonist-kun's apartment.

Oh, and not-shinsengumi-san still intends to kill protagonist-kun. They merely agreed to DROP EVERYTHING LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE BREAKFAST. Seriously

Also it's still the most visually-repugnant thing ever:

K.

yami4ct

Oh, you watched it uncensored?

...I feel sorry for you. It was fun when it was implied. Uncut was just gross.

It has pluses and minuses. A lot of it was over the top and gross, but it did make moments like
the horrific deaths of the twin characters
all the more satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom