• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Psycho Pass ep1

This was pretty bad, honestly. The opening fight really did nothing for the show, the exposition was terribly handled, and Akane just flat out sucks as a character right now. However, there's definite potential for this to get better, so I won't write it off just yet.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 02:

Any doubts I may have had about the overall quality of the product in the first episode are gone. This shit's beyond amazing, underwhelming production qualities be damned.

I see... no one likes Mr. Itagaki here... :-(

Hey, man, declaring MAPPA dead was hardly an original statement on my part! And I'd most certainly never implicate Mr. Watanabe anyway. Anyone who knows where my name comes from can probably infer that I'm somewhat........biased on the matter.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
School Days 12

ibnJ6tJ4S61p2X.gif

You made it! Congratulations! :D

Robotic;Notes 01:

RoboticNotes_01.jpg

Yep, that about sums you up.

The main guy is basically GAF incarnate. The main girl is cute, but overbearing. Premise is kind of boring. Artwork is acceptable.

I hope the next couple of episodes pick things up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
2nd OP:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAAdQPt4mWM

Not as good as the first on either music or animation level. Also good fucking god are the designs for the new arc, bad.

Uh... I completely disagree. The first OP, the direction and the animation was extremely boring other than the part in the middle. It felt like there was no real importance at all. Here it's more interesting. The music is also leaps better than Crossing Field.

/XX/

Everytime I hear about MAPPA, I remembered about that Pluto's OVA hope... ;___;
I hope they really make it.
Another thing the good guys at Deculture say is that Mr. Watanabe expects to work on a new series each passing year from 2013 and onwards. So, it seems he will try to be very active from now on... and as MAPPA is some kind of a new home for him, they'll probably be busy with many new things (maybe that includes those Pluto OVAs).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Fun facts, BGBW (major School Days spoilers, uninitiated do not read!):

-
Makoto rapes the little sister in the VN.
ibhb1bbUCM96ce.gif

I kind of guessed the second. Though I suppose saying "taking advantage of a distraught girl" undersold it.

BGBW's journey was magnificent and I'm glad to have been here for the ride. You should look into the VN, there's something crazy shit and crazy endings soon that.

That would mean playing the part of Makoto right? I think I'll pass on that unless it's a text based adventure game.

Code:
BGBW PC:~ BGBW$ School_Days -new
 ___     _             _   ___               
/ __| __| |_  ___  ___| | |   \ __ _ _  _ ___
\__ \/ _| ' \/ _ \/ _ \ | | |) / _` | || (_-<
|___/\__|_||_\___/\___/_| |___/\__,_|\_, /__/
                                     |__/  

I noticed that she rides on the same train I take at the beginning of the Second Semester.
The only things that I know about her are that she's in the class next door.
She seems to like book, and always reads them on the way home.
Although it was only a small discovery that we ride on the same train everyday.
It's just that being able to gaze at her, Katsura Kotonoha, from afar a little bit
brightens my School Days...

----------------------------------
Act One - The Start of a New Term

I'm standing at the school gate. What should I do?
>Look

The other pupils are entering the school. I should hurry as I don't want to be late.
We're going to be changing seats today. I hope I get a good one.

What should I do?
>Go South

I walked away from the school gate. I am at the side of the road.

What should I do?
>Walk into traffic

I don't know what 'Walk into traffic' means. If you need help type in the command 'help'.

What should I do?
>Kill yourself

I don't know what 'kill yourself' means. If you need help type in the command 'help'.

What should I do?
>Ruin the lives of everyone you know.

I walked into the school to start a new School Day.

Jarmel

Banned
Uh... I completely disagree. The first OP, the direction and the animation was extremely boring other than the part in the middle. It felt like there was no real importance at all. Here it's more interesting. The music is also leaps better than Crossing Field.

It's the vocals in regards to the music. Her voice really doesn't sound fit to carry a fast-paced song. As for the visuals, it's storyboarded and directed better but then there isn't any real good fight sequences compared to OP1 like for example the bit at 0:58 is very lazy.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
ibhb1bbUCM96ce.gif

I kind of guessed the second. Though I suppose saying "taking advantage of a distraught girl" undersold it.

That would mean playing the part of Makoto right? I think I'll pass on that unless it's a text based adventure game.

Code:
BGBW PC:~ BGBW$ School_Days -new
 ___     _             _   ___               
/ __| __| |_  ___  ___| | |   \ __ _ _  _ ___
\__ \/ _| ' \/ _ \/ _ \ | | |) / _` | || (_-<
|___/\__|_||_\___/\___/_| |___/\__,_|\_, /__/
                                     |__/  

I noticed that she rides on the same train I take at the beginning of the Second Semester.
The only things that I know about her are that she's in the class next door.
She seems to like book, and always reads them on the way home.
Although it was only a small discovery that we ride on the same train everyday.
It's just that being able to gaze at her, Katsura Kotonoha, from afar a little bit
brightens my School Days...

Act One - The Start of a New Term

I'm standing at the school gate. What should I do?
>Look

The other pupils are entering the school. I should hurry as I don't want to be late. We're going to be changing seats today. I hope I get a good one.

What should I do?
>Go South

I walked away from the school gate. I am at the side of the road.

What should I do?
>Walk into traffic

I don't know what 'Walk into traffic' means. If you need help type in the command 'help'.

What should I do?
>Kill yourself

I don't know what 'kill yourself' means. If you need help type in the command 'help'.

What should I do?

Damn. You are ripping this show a new one

Code:
What should I do?

iScRt0JSkItpo.gif

Yours were some of the best School Days impressions I've read. Bravo.

/XX/

Hey, man, declaring MAPPA dead was hardly an original statement on my part! And I'd most certainly never implicate Mr. Watanabe anyway. Anyone who knows where my name comes from can probably infer that I'm somewhat........biased on the matter.
Nah, man... I was pulling your leg for not supporting Teeky&#363; enough, but don't worry... I don't really blame you for anything, comrade!

Ultimadrago

Zetsuen no Tempest 2

Another day, another snippet of small talk on revenge from and for characters I don't instate any motivations worth interest. For the aftermath that displays itself belly-up in the presence of Yoshino, it really feels as if nothing happened at all. There's no weight behind the whole town
turning into metal

The character designs still work effectively, but the characters themselves are as pedestrian as they started (given the circumstances). Mahiro and Hakaze's relationship stays strictly business and the audience must be reminded this every half of the episode. The story isn't difficult to follow at this point, but the script is questionable. Most notably, Yoshino's confrontation with
the lifeless metal bodies of peers
, sounds like something to come straight out of a (visual) novel with no regard for adapting to animated episodes.

The choreography on the other hand is different. The action is still solid, though unfortunately, nothing quite as satisfying as the
"head smash"
from episode 1 returned. I've heard this isn't going to be a "battle show", but with the quality of the fights starting from the previous episode in contrast to the copious empty dialogue, this is a sad case of affairs.

Overall, the material tiresome to watch already. However, I'm hopeful for fights in the future that won't disappoint in entertainment value.
More head smashing please.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nah, man... I was pulling your leg for not supporting Teeky&#363; enough, but don't worry... I don't really blame you for anything, comrade!

I know you didn't mean anything! I suppose we're inadvertently caught up in some kind of leg-pulling competition now. I'll just end it here, hahah.

duckroll

I was under the impression that he would take another extended break like he did after Samurai Champloo. I'm so happy he's more active now.

According to the site, he says that from now on he hopes to work on a series every year, so yeah it sounds like he's back to being more active in the industry.

/XX/

Ah, okay. I'm kinda surprised I didn't make that connection earlier.
That road-roller behind should be a clear giveaway, man.

I know you didn't mean anything! I suppose we're inadvertently caught up in some kind of leg-pulling competition now. I'll just end it here, hahah.
Yeah, heh. Sometimes, specially using this language, I don't know for sure when something is being said seriously or not! I'm a little slow like that...

I was under the impression that he would take another extended break like he did after Samurai Champloo. I'm so happy he's more active now.
See this! He pretends to work on a new project yearly, difficult to be more active than that from now on.

Narag

Another suitable punishment would be to make him watch that system wars anime. Maybe he wouldn't be so frivolous in discussing such once he's seen the real horrors of war.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Another suitable punishment would be to make him watch that system wars anime. Maybe he wouldn't be so frivolous in discussing such once he's seen the real horrors of war.

That's a punishment? It's clearly show of the season material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom