• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Dunno. It's good though. Have you never seen S;G?

Nope. Never seen it!
Just checked every place in town. all sold out of Steins;Gate.
Sad Cajun :(

The three hardest parts for watching Super S for me were that:

1. Greater focus on Chibi-Usa.
2. Many of the characters the villains pursue have little to no connection with the Sailor Senshi. Where in the previous season you would learn a little bit about the girls in each episode, here there is wayyy too much focus on random schmucks.
3. I've never seen a plot develop so fucking stagnantly in my life than in this season. I realize that the main plot has always kind of taken a back seat to each contained story in the episode, but you'll seriously see a stretch of like, 20 episodes without any real plot development whatsoever.

To me, the season got better after
the Amazon Trio arc ends
, at least in my opinion. But man, it can be one hell of a drag getting there.

Also, first post on Anime-GAF.

Jao!
Welcome to the party!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sword Art Offline 15

If you cry offline you cry in re... doesn't really work now.

iEui5jS1ZMVVo.gif

All these years in the future and people still haven't learnt to use PNG over jpeg (or come up with a better alternative). Even worse compression than a Nintendo game.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Nope. Never seen it!

Jao!
Welcome to the party!

Steins;Gate is amaaaaaaaaazing. It's so good.

Hey so are any of these shows so good that I can't miss 'em?:

-Tsuritama

-From the New World

-Sword Art Online

Uh... Those are good watches but you want to watch something like Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass.

kayos90

You guys remember that newspaper that Keita was reading in episode 3 of SAO? Well, it seems like BT translated it. It's really cool actually considering the easter eggs and stuff.

Weekly Argo

Clearing group breaks through the 28th floor! -No casualties this time either-

We're one step closer to the clearing of the game. The clearing of 28th floor was carried out over approximately 1 week. It was likely a floor that could be cleared without a hitch, but it seemed to have been greatly influenced the unavoidable mental wariness of our players, no thanks to how the might of the Force has been substantially reduced on the 25th floor.

There was much difficulty involved in clearing the game at the beginning, but we've managed to steadily advance through the floors until the advent of the 25th floor. It should still remain fresh in your memories as well, but that two-headed giant-type monster had annihilated close to all of the elites within the Force. Due to that case, the might of the Force ended up sharply declined.

Affecting not only the essential (can't read this part), (can't read this part) due to the pressure caused by that, it ended up imposing a mental burden upon those who participate in the battles, along with those who aid them. However, at the present moment, all casualties have been avoided since the 26th floor. One could claim it to be the result of our cautious clearing, but in actual fact, it seems to be due to the boss monster of the 25th floor being of a significantly higher degree of difficulty when compared to those from other floors.

We do not know when will another such floor, with that difficulty in clearing, appear among those yet to come. However, if the clearing group, that had the Force leading it, were to stop, the game will never be cleared, regardless of how much time passes. I wish to continue looking forward to their activities from now on as well.

We have not gotten our hands on information of the new floor, the 29th, but for the sake of running some sort of information or spectacular images tomorrow, the data collecting party will begin their operations.

A monster in the 22th floor's lake?

Perhaps due to the tragedy that occurred on the 25th floor as well, concerning the mostly overlooked 22th floor, we have received some intriguing news.

It's a story about how a (can't be read) monster might be living there. If we were to discuss about the 22th floor, it happens to be one of the floors with the lowest population in Aincrad. Although the area is spacious, a large part of that comprises of evergreen forests and countless lakes dotting the landscape, with a main town that could be said to be nothing more than a very tiny village.

Monsters do not appear in the fields and the labyrinth was easy; it was a floor taken down in a mere three days.

One of those lakes was what was called "Lord" among the inhabitants. It appears that a fish that struggles with a strength practically comparable to that of monsters lives there. With its shadow being gigantic as well, there were rumours of it actually being a monster.

There haven't been anyone who reeled it in yet, neither has the method to do so been found out. However, it's been said that it had no influence in fishing in that lake normally, day to day.

It is an important established fact that we must always advance towards to the upper floors to clear this game, faster by even a single day, but how about taking a load off your shoulders with a life somewhere like the 22th floor every now and then, a hint towards clearing the game might just be hiding in such a floor, surprisingly enough.

Won't you want to manage a farm together?
Master ID - Farm Location - Notes for Applying
(this part is mostly unreadable and pointless, anyway)

Item Item Bulletin Board

Applicant ID - Exchange Location - Item Details
(I won't be doing applicant ID)
5th Floor Central - Food Bag -> Hod Candy
Butterfly Inn - Unrefined Water Materials -> Unrefined Fire Materials
Further Notice - Clothing (Detailed list included)
Further Notice - Recovery Candy -> Dragon's Fang
Blue Shop - Charm -> Aircon
Further Notice - Boots -> Sandals
Further Notice
15th Floor - Hod Candy -> Unrefined Fire Materials

Don't you want to live in a log-house on the 22th floor?

Spend a pleasant SAO life safe with no monsters around, surrounded by the woods and lakes.

Uh... Those are good watches but you want to watch something like Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass.

Already seen Fate/Zero - haven't seen Psycho-Pass though.

So if I've seen Fate/Zero, then I'm fine "missing out" on Sword Art Online and From the New World? (I'm in school still so I can't watch everything I'd otherwise like to)

OceanBlue

So if I've seen Fate/Zero, then I'm fine "missing out" on Sword Art Online and From the New World? (I'm in school still so I can't watch everything I'd otherwise like to)

Depends on what types of stories you like. I'd definitely suggest giving From the New World a try, but if you're looking for action-heavy shows, you might not like it.

kayos90

SAO is a fun watch. There are a lot of problems in the show and the people will tell you it sucks but it's fun to watch it and have fun. If you have the time catch up on the episodes and join us ever Saturday for SAOturday.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The three hardest parts for watching Super S for me were that:

1. Greater focus on Chibi-Usa.
2. Many of the characters the villains pursue have little to no connection with the Sailor Senshi. Where in the previous season you would learn a little bit about the girls in each episode, here there is wayyy too much focus on random schmucks.
3. I've never seen a plot develop so fucking stagnantly in my life than in this season. I realize that the main plot has always kind of taken a back seat to each contained story in the episode, but you'll seriously see a stretch of like, 20 episodes without any real plot development whatsoever.

To me, the season got better after
the Amazon Trio arc ends
, at least in my opinion. But man, it can be one hell of a drag getting there.

Also, first post on Anime-GAF.

Sup. There are several people here who will be delighted at the appearance of another Sailor Moon fan.

Unfortunately as I'm going through SuperS for the first time I don't think I'll be able to respond to anything you've spoilered, but I appreciate the fact that you took the time to read my post. Enjoy your stay!

Need to post more in Musou threads (however rare they are)

Did anyone ever get around to making a Musou community thread? I suggested it to Seraphis Cain months ago but I don't think anything ever happened. If there's still not one, let's just conspire to make one without anyone else's permission!

Syrinx

Thanks for the warm replies, y'all.

I take, from lurking this thread, that the best shows coming out this season are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and From the New World? I'll probably work those in while I catch up on older anime I haven't seen yet. I reckon I don't watch nearly as much as some here.

Still, look forward to catching up as much as I can.

Edit: Mad Pierrot, the big block of spoilers really aren't that spoilerish on the main plot. The complaints I make are more about how SuperS is structured. The spoilers were mainly there to cover my own ass (one mistake, and I'm gone forever). Still, I understand if you don't want to look at them.

I probably wouldn't look at that other thing, though.

kayos90

I take, from lurking this thread, that the best shows coming out this season are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and From the New World? I'll probably work those in while I catch up on older anime I haven't seen yet. I reckon I don't watch nearly as much as some here.

I would say the From the New World, Psycho-Pass, and Chuunibyo are the best shows this season so far. That's just me though. Duckroll will probably say Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and PP are the best shows. It depends.

I disagree, the best shows coming out of this season are Blast of Tempest, K, and From the New World.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

The new KyoAni show and My Little Monster both also seem cool.

Pirabear

Banned
Nope. Never seen it!

Jao!
Welcome to the party!

Haven't finished it yet, but Steins;Gate is shaping up to be my favorite series in a long time. Funimation has the first 12 episodes up on their Youtube page.

OceanBlue

This is a pretty good season. You could pick up anything you find people discussing here and it would probably be enjoyable. That's my opinion, anyway. It depends on what you enjoy.

Andrew J.

SAO 15

Imouto's really a cousin? Weaksauce.

Sugou is laughably one-dimensional, but at least his motives sort of make sense. That's more than you can say about Kayaba.

kayos90

Can't take a paper seriously when it's named after Argos [/british].

Also 22th.

Well, if you remember Argo is the girl from Episode 3. Do you remember?

SAO 15

Imouto's really a cousin? Weaksauce.

Sugou is laughably one-dimensional, but at least his motives sort of make sense. That's more than you can say about Kayaba.

Damn. That's a burn on Kayaba. LOL.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well, if you remember Argo is the girl from Episode 3. Do you remember?

The cloaked girl who told Kirito about the Christmas event? Guess I forgot about her considering all the other funnier stuff that happened in that episode.

Mature

Also consider Psycho-Pass and Zetsuen no Tempest which have had a pretty good start.

And Chuunibyou if you're into that kind of thing.

Best Girl Online 15

Agh my heart

Little Busters 2

Oh god, those first 5 minutes.

That statue head seemingly smiling after the place was cleaned was a nice touch.

Also dat Kyosuke/Masato smirk.

As long as I have a brother, blatant sexual advances 2

Show remains funnier than I expected it to be, but probably going to drop it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Edit: Mad Pierrot, the big block of spoilers really aren't that spoilerish on the main plot. The complaints I make are more about how SuperS is structured. The spoilers were mainly there to cover my own ass (one mistake, and I'm gone forever). Still, I understand if you don't want to look at them.

Nah man, best show of this season is Jormungand. Don't believe animeGAF's lies!

;_;

Kusagari

Chuunibyou 2

I am in love with her sister. Hopefully, she appears often.

This show is just such a fun watch. The fight scene near the end was animated amazingly, and the switch back to what was really happening was hilarious.

Nafe

That idea didn't work out too well. Done with everything here from now on.

tumblr_masaqqhxjw1rsujfyo5_250.png

Please don't go!

Consider coming back next season at least.

Robotic;Notes 01:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/RurouniZel/RoboticNotes_01.jpg[IMG]
Yep, that about sums you up.

The main guy is basically GAF incarnate. The main girl is cute, but overbearing. [B]Premise is kind of boring.[/B] Artwork is acceptable.

I hope the next couple of episodes pick things up.[/QUOTE]

The idea of building a giant robot and having it compete with other robots sounds boring?

[quote="Mad Pierrot, post: 43160805"][B]Sailor Moon SuperS 128:[/B]

Hito finally managed to twist my arm.

The first episode of the dreaded fourth season of [B]Sailor Moon[/B] isn't so bad. It's also entirely possible that this was because it was a standard introductory episode setting up villains and concepts.

I actually kind of like the Black Moon Circus or whatever it's called. The "city of dogs and monkeys" speech that the members of the organization gave upon their introduction was surprisingly biting, and it's oddly nice to have villains that are refreshingly specific in their misanthropy rather than being generic RETURN EVERYTHING TO DARKNESS nihilists. Amazon Trio is *~FABULOUS~*.

So, it's looking suspiciously like Usagi and Chibiusa are going to do everything as a duo based on the way that some of the stock transformations and attacks were animated. I mean, I finally managed to be okay with Chibiusa's presence in the show, but I don't know if I can handle an upgrade to co-main protagonist. She's not [I]that[/I] great of a character.

[spoiler]Kaoru and Michiru come back ;_;[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

"Steaky"? You really think he's quite the dish huh? Haha.

Yeah, this was probably my least favorite of the series too but the second half actually has some of my most favorite moments for the whole entire series.

As much as I like Sailor Moon, I think I actually like [B]Smile Precure![/B]'s [spoiler]Pegasus assistance[/spoiler] better. The stock animation is probably about equal lenght.

[quote="Syrinx, post: 43161377"]The three hardest parts for watching Super S for me were that:

[spoiler] 1. Greater focus on Chibi-Usa.
3. I've never seen a plot develop so fucking stagnantly in my life than in this season. I realize that the main plot has always kind of taken a back seat to each contained story in the episode, but you'll seriously see a stretch of like, 20 episodes without any real plot development whatsoever. [/spoiler]

To me, the season got better after [spoiler]the Amazon Trio arc ends[/spoiler], at least in my opinion. But man, it can be one hell of a drag getting there.

Also, first post on Anime-GAF.[/QUOTE]

Hello. :)

In regards to your second spoiler...[spoiler]The first two series had quite a few regular by-standards as targets too. In the first half of SuperS there's actually a bunch of people close to the senshi who get targeted, such as Usagi's mother, Motoki's younger sister and girlfriend,Naru(again), then there's the episode where Makoto's childhood friend who's a writer shows up and then each of the senshi themselves get targeted as well.[/spoiler] I agree that it does feel like a step down after the awesome Sailor Moon S though.

I agree also that the season got better in the later half.

cajunator

Banned
Hey so are any of these shows so good that I can't miss 'em?:

-Tsuritama

-From the New World

-Sword Art Online

-absolutely

-worth watching

-skip

Jojo's is pretty badass. It knows what it wants to be and it delivers what it promises. So much fun.

From the New World two episodes in is a pretty intriguing series. Lots of mystery and an unsettling, sinister feeling pervades this show. Worth checking out for sure.

Syrinx

Also consider Psycho-Pass and Zetsuen no Tempest which have had a pretty good start.

And Chuunibyou if you're into that kind of thing.

Ah, Psycho-Pass is another one I see mentioned a lot. I'll probably give that a look.

I think I'll watch the first two episodes of From the New World tonight.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Steins;Gate is amaaaaaaaaazing. It's so good.

But from the new world and tsuritama are better than fate/zero and psycho-pass.

/XX/

Guys, guys, don't raid the thread and all respond to the same person when like twenty different people said the same thing. Just let it die.
I love it when the 'troupé' goes to another, 'outside' thread. It gives me a sensation of unity and strength!

There are "people" here, good depends on which side of the line of sanity you reside in.
Definitely, a nice welcoming community... there is insane people that is good too (not to confuse with insanely good)!

cajunator

Banned
Ah, Psycho-Pass is another one I see mentioned a lot. I'll probably give that a look.

I think I'll watch the first two episodes of From the New World tonight.

Psycho pass is another interesting idea. Similar to dystopian shows like minority Report and maybe Judge Dredd. Akane is totally cute but not everybodys favorite.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Bad Tomat. This is such a good season and the shortcomings of Jormungand are painfully apparent.

Oh yeah, definitely. I'll be the first to seriously admit the show isn't perfect by any means.

Best anime this season is Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

You all know it to be true.

I was pleasently surprised by this show. All I saw was that it was a shojo, and completely expected to dislike it based on that alone, but it's pretty good.

Narag

I seriously respect the stomach of anyone able to watch this and not throw up:

Ugliest backgrounds of all time.

I can't even see the backgrounds half the time what with the screen being filled with hulking manly men which is how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom