• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
ibnJ6tJ4S61p2X.gif
So, how long until you play the incredible VN?

Needed to go incognito for a day. Unfortunately, nothing came of it!
would've worked better w/ the anime avatar

Chuunibyou 2

I am in love with her sister. Hopefully, she appears often.

This show is just such a fun watch. The fight scene near the end was animated amazingly, and the switch back to what was really happening was hilarious.
don't forget to watch the FRESH web minisodes

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Nope, not a girl. I'll take From The New World over it any day.

I take back what I said about it being boring, because I watched the whole first episode last night and it was pretty damn good.

cajunator

Banned
Best anime this season is Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

You all know it to be true.

You might have a point here. My Little Monster is highly enjoyable.
I honestly didnt expect to love it as much as I do.

Yall are making me want to watch Jojo. lol.

Uh. Yeah you should. Drop that piece of shit SAO and watch a good anime.
JoJo is so awesome. doesnt even have Cute in it and I still love it.

Narag

I don't know. All of these posts about David Productions and the color scheme are kinda scaring me.

The quality of the backgrounds and weird usage of stills doesn't really hamper the show. The leads have an incredible onscreen presence and everything that happens is either fabulous, awesome, or a combination of the two.

Why is that apple exploding, and why is it expelling some gloppy white liquid?

Death of Aincrad, First you lose your apples then your waifu.

Syrinx

Hello. :)

In regards to your second spoiler...
The first two series had quite a few regular by-standards as targets too. In the first half of SuperS there's actually a bunch of people close to the senshi who get targeted, such as Usagi's mother, Motoki's younger sister and girlfriend,Naru(again), then there's the episode where Makoto's childhood friend who's a writer shows up and then each of the senshi themselves get targeted as well.
I agree that it does feel like a step down after the awesome Sailor Moon S though.

I agree also that the season got better in the later half.

Well, maybe it just seemed that way to me because I feel that Sailor Moon S generally didn't do this (though there are certainly exceptions). I just feel like there wasn't as much focus on the senshi in SuperS. One of the biggest offenses was, I believe, 137, where the episode was about some writer with a fairy fetish. The only connection between him and the senshi was that Chibi-Usa had his book and bumped into him randomly on the street. Yet, much of the episode was about him talking to Fisheye.

There were exceptions, of course, when they went after the characters you mentioned and others, but I just feel that the show became too much about Chibi-Usa and random people I don't give a shit about.

Also, can someone tell me how to work a quote into an edit so I could have just used my last post for this?

cajunator

Banned
Well I ended up ordering Steins;Gate before it disappears from the online stores too.
Yesterday I knew of three copies of the show in town and I went back today and all three are gone. Either a group of fans bought it out or there be shenanigans.

This order ended up being:

Detroit Metal city - AWESOME
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee - adorable
Fantastic Children - Cause its Nafe/ducky approved
Haruhi Season 2 - because I hate myself
Shangri La part 2 - its not as bad as people here were saying. Kind of enjoy it.
Steins;Gate - because TUTURU~

Had that sucker sent 2nd day air so hopefully I get it by Wednesday since it wont ship out till Monday. I hate waiting ;_;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kamisama 2:
I was ready to drop this once it veered into Twilight territory but luckily it turned away at the last second.

Still not sure how I feel about this. It's mostly driven by gags and Tomoe's trolling. The romance/land god angle is nearly nonexistent. It's a much worse love story than Kaibatsu but it is still entertaining nonetheless.

Metrotab

Banned
Thanks for the warm replies, y'all.

I take, from lurking this thread, that the best shows coming out this season are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and From the New World? I'll probably work those in while I catch up on older anime I haven't seen yet. I reckon I don't watch nearly as much as some here.

Still, look forward to catching up as much as I can.

Edit: Mad Pierrot, the big block of spoilers really aren't that spoilerish on the main plot. The complaints I make are more about how SuperS is structured. The spoilers were mainly there to cover my own ass (one mistake, and I'm gone forever). Still, I understand if you don't want to look at them.

I probably wouldn't look at that other thing, though.

Sup fellow newcomer.

Emitan

Sora no Woto felt very pandering today.

The one with the phone had Kanata wetting herself and the one with Claus had A LOT of panty shots.

fertygo

Jojo is good example of excellent material with bad production value, altho I think the staff give effort to the best that they can.. some wild idea that they give there.

Zetsuen (sorry DTL)is the otherwise, the material is filled with overwrought chuuni shit and they have Ando as director :(

I still rather the first case.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Rinne no Lagrange - First 7 Minutes of Episode 1

Literally the greatest anime of all time. The writing is incredible, the pacing is perfect, the character's are incredibly deep and believable, the visuals are impeccable and the art style is the very definition of unique. I really cannot believe I have seen something so great in my life time.

Solid 10/10. I could die right now and I would have no regrets after watching this.

Simply amazing. It's literally perfect in every way.

Did anyone ever get around to making a Musou community thread? I suggested it to Seraphis Cain months ago but I don't think anything ever happened. If there's still not one, let's just conspire to make one without anyone else's permission!

Nope, doesn't help that there's really nothing Musou-y going on. Now it's just basically me and AdawgDaFAB posting updates that just about us two only read.

But, sure a Musou community thread could happen someday.

cajunator

Banned
Sora no Woto felt very pandering today.

The one with the phone had Kanata wetting herself and the one with Claus had A LOT of panty shots.

Sora no woto has its pander moments. However its not always like that, and most of the time isn't.

Literally the greatest anime of all time. The writing is incredible, the pacing is perfect, the character's are incredibly deep and believable, the visuals are impeccable and the art style is the very definition of unique. I really cannot believe I have seen something so great in my life time.

Solid 10/10. I could die right now and I would have no regrets after watching this.

notsureifserious.

cajunator

Banned
By the way, yall should check out Simoun.
Its actually pretty entertaining.
Aside from girls kissing a lot and ignoring the fact that Deen produced it and it has a lot of bad CG, the story is kind of cool and the world design is definitely interesting.
The music is pretty good too.

Thoraxes

Welcome to the MARU! club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom