• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

Lastly, the director also confirmed that the adaptation will be his last as an anime director, and that the adaptation is in the last stages of being officially confirmed, with one more contract needing to be signed before work can officially begin.

Huh.

Well that's unfortunate.

I didn't care for what I've read of the manga outside all the trainwreck moments (the characters are so godawful and unlikable) but hopefully he'll turn it into something i'll enjoy.

wonzo

Banned
The only similarity is that both properties are awful.
shutitshitworm.png

cajunator

Banned
"In the world of Daikuuriku, everyone is born female, and chooses which sex they wish to become at age 17."

That's amazing~

Yes. Basically, in Simoun, the girls can choose to delay the choice and instead enter into service protecting the Simoun technology from outside countries. Once they choose, they cannot be pilots anymore. The whole system is pretty interesting and the characters arent maddeningly stupid or dull. The world has a neat design although a lot of bad cg is used for ships and stuff. The whole idea behind the sibyllae and simoun is based on a religion in the show. Its just a neat show overall.

jman2050

The vibe I got from Rinne is that it was a yuri show that wanted to be an adventure show that wanted to be a mecha show that wanted to be an SoL that wanted to be a fanservice show that wanted to be a yuri show.

I could be wrong of course.

Nafe

Well, maybe it just seemed that way to me because I feel that Sailor Moon S generally didn't do this (though there are certainly exceptions). I just feel like there wasn't as much focus on the senshi in SuperS. One of the biggest offenses was, I believe, 137, where the episode was about some writer with a fairy fetish. The only connection between him and the senshi was that Chibi-Usa had his book and bumped into him randomly on the street. Yet, much of the episode was about him talking to Fisheye.

There were exceptions, of course, when they went after the characters you mentioned and others, but I just feel that the show became too much about Chibi-Usa and random people I don't give a shit about.

Also, can someone tell me how to work a quote into an edit so I could have just used my last post for this?

Well, I'm one of the rare ones who didn't really mind or hate Chibiusa too much. I agree with you about the other senshi though...
The senshi other than Usagi and Chibiusa are often pushed to the back in the first half but in the second half they're brought back more to the fore front and that's why I like the second half better. There are a lot of great just slice of life type moments between the girls which I found to be funny or just entertaining in general.

anyone seen that anime film kite?

its been awhile but isnt she underage (in the uncut version atleast)? those sex scenes.....i dont even

I've seen both Kite and the loose sequel Kite Liberator. I agree that the sex scenes were really unnecessary but this film(or was it OVAs?) has one of the best, if not THE best, "falling out of a building" sequences ever!

One thing that bugged me about the ending of both though was that
they end on big cliffhangers which never get resolved! :(

I don't have anything specific to respond to, I just wanted to say I like your new avatar. Thumbs up!

Wait... how come you, Metrotab, are still Junior Member when Syrinx is a Member already having joined a month later and having a third of your posts?

Hmm, strange. My last post was a junior member and I come back to the thread to see this and that I'm now a regular member too. I'm still about thirty-some posts away from 300 though. I've been here just about three months now but that's still about a day or a day and a half away. Close enough? or maybe a bug? It could be like Chet said and someone helped bump me up early? I think we need the kotenbu to investigate haha.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
"Steaky"? You really think he's quite the dish huh? Haha.

It was actually a comic pronunciation of "suteki"!

Nope, doesn't help that there's really nothing Musou-y going on. Now it's just basically me and AdawgDaFAB posting updates that just about us two only read.

But, sure a Musou community thread could happen someday.

Well, I suppose that the purpose of community threads is to have a place to discuss a particular game franchise when it's between installments, so I suppose that's no barrier to creating one.

I'll see if I can't get a thread together and posted. Do I need to ask a mod first?

Defuser

Sword Art Online ep 15
Aww yeah! Worst girl have arrive! I don't know why team worst girl want to support when they are only setting themselves up for the pain......twice.

This season having Takehito Koyasu voicing 2 villains, at least he is getting roles that is more than minor which he have him doing all this while.

Why are her boobs drawn so weird in Rinne?

I don't think they're drawn weird.

The vibe I got from Rinne is that it was a yuri show that wanted to be an adventure show that wanted to be a mecha show that wanted to be an SoL that wanted to be a fanservice show that wanted to be a yuri show.

They tried to manufacture a success. "People like this, this and this, so let's have this, this and this."

Well, I suppose that the purpose of community threads is to have a place to discuss a particular game franchise when it's between installments, so I suppose that's no barrier to creating one.

I'll see if I can't get a thread together and posted. Do I need to ask a mod first?

Probably not.

Truth be told, I'm just lazy in creating graphics and stuff. And organizing a first post and all that stuff.

cajunator

Banned

Rinne tried to panderbait everybody and ended up panderbaiting almost nobody.

Sword Art Online ep 15
Aww yeah! Worst girl have arrive! I don't know why team worst girl want to support when they are only setting themselves up for the pain......twice.

This season having Takehito Koyasu voicing 2 villains, at least he is getting roles that is more than minor which he have him doing all this while.

I think people choose a "best girl" as the girl they like, not the one they want to ship with Kirito. thats how I choose anyway. I dont give a shit who Kirito or any MC ends up with because thats predetermined by the author. Like Tsumugi in Kannagi or Manami or Kuroneko in Oreimo or Kanna in ano Natsu dont have a chance in hell, but they are the cutest in those shows so I call them best girl.

Thoraxes

I think people choose a "best girl" as the girl they like, not the one they want to ship with Kirito. thats how I choose anyway. I dont give a shit who Kirito or any MC ends up with because thats predetermined by the author. Like Tsumugi in Kannagi or Manami or Kuroneko in Oreimo or Kanna in ano Natsu dont have a chance in hell, but they are the cutest in those shows so I call them best girl.
Exaclty.

Nobody gives a shit about Kirito, it's all about who is the best character.

cajunator

Banned
Exaclty.

Nobody gives a shit about Kirito, it's all about who is the best character.

Same thing with Kanna.
Or any girl who doesn't "win". who gives a shit really? Its about the characters that stand out to a person. Although there are some weirdos who really do try to ship side characters and get extremely upset when it doesnt turn out that way. Those people are just asking for it though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys guys, what about a hypothetical "Kiriko"?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sword Art Online - 15

Oh man, the tears, the NTR, the imouto... so delicious!

I love how crushing a plastic bottle is a means to show off one's strength after
being in rehab for 2 months
. And Kirito unable to use his sword skills in real life? That's crazy! :lol

But back to what is really important: Sugu.

Best girl has finally arrived!

BIwul.gif

/XX/

Hmm, strange. My last post was a junior member and I come back to the thread to see this and that I'm now a regular member too. I'm still about thirty-some posts away from 300 though. I've been here just about three months now but that's still about a day or a day and a half away. Close enough? or maybe a bug? It could be like Chet said and someone helped bump me up early? I think we need the kotenbu to investigate haha.
'geoffrey_everyoneisgettingmembered.jpg'

Congratulations!

fertygo

but Okabe was right, and eventually becomes a mad scientist for real
terrible comparison
he certainly tones it down when things got real too

Why?
The half of premise of S;G is Okabe's Chuunibyou, that even in official description.

Of course he became serious because the story, the KyoAni anime is comedy. But both have chara with Chuunibyou.

Chuuunibyou ITE just slang for hipster for japanese, its not a disease name.

Kazzy

Same thing with Kanna.
Or any girl who doesn't "win". who gives a shit really? Its about the characters that stand out to a person. Although there are some weirdos who really do try to ship side characters and get extremely upset when it doesnt turn out that way. Those people are just asking for it though.

I think a lot of it has to do with those peripheral characters being far less defined, and therefore ideal for that sort of thing. I found it be pretty much the opposite with SAO though, that's to say, everyone around Kirito and Asuna were infinitely more interesting, because they had some semblance of a personality.

Haly

Robotics;Notes 1:
Could be good. Also, lol at first person fighting game.

Uchip

Banned
Why?
The half of premise of S;G is Okabe's Chuunibyou, that even in official description.

Of course he became serious because the story, the KyoAni anime is comedy. But both have chara with Chuunibyou.

Chuuunibyou ITE just slang for hipster for japanese, its not a disease name.

I still dont get what you are trying to compare here
you acknowledge that chuunibyou is a comedy based entirely on that theme, but you haven't thought about the fact that thats what I was uncomfortable with?

not only that but okabe became like that for a reason
to comfort mayuri
rather than refusing to grow up

Nafe

Don't worry my good Nafe, now I know he will come back. This is his place.

I hope so...

It was actually a comic pronunciation of "suteki"!

Yeah, I figured that was it. Haha, sorry, I guess I should have clarified a bit better. I was just trying to make a joke off of your joke. :)

Everyoneisgettingmembered_geoffrey.jpg

Congratulations!

Thank you!

Sword Art Online - 15

eF0Ol.gif

iGQ9KIIoszjZy.gif

Syrinx

Well, I'm one of the rare ones who didn't really mind or hate Chibiusa too much. I agree with you about the other senshi though...
The senshi other than Usagi and Chibiusa are often pushed to the back in the first half but in the second half they're brought back more to the fore front and that's why I like the second half better. There are a lot of great just slice of life type moments between the girls which I found to be funny or just entertaining in general.

I will say that Chibi-Usa is slightly better in S and SuperS, mainly because she doesn't spend half of her time crying. I agree with your spoilered part, and that's exactly why SuperS gets better in the second half.

Also, damn, what's going on here with all the early unjunorings?

I don't feel special anymore. :(

fertygo

I still dont get what you are trying to compare here
you acknowledge that chuunibyou is a comedy based entirely on that theme, but you haven't thought about the fact that thats what I was uncomfortable with?

And why you comfortable with S;G?
Because the down moment and the joke is moved with that theme, if you talking about the shit got real moment, that's only like 3-4 episode where Okabe too busy for playing with his antic.

What's the difference?

not only that but okabe became like that for a reason to comfort mayuri rather than refusing to grow up
As VN reader, there's no such a thing lol
He won't pull that stunt at anyone beside mayuri then.

Haly

First person tablet-screen controls fighting game.
"I can block any move within 8 frames."

Please, give me a break. I doubt you can play with anything lower than 100ms on an iPhone.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
"I can block any move within 8 frames."

Please, give me a break. I doubt you can play with anything lower than 100ms on an iPhone.

It's the future man, step off, they got good infrastructure in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom